Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Making WOD LFR too easy...

made me want to progress to normal and heroic modes.
    It was really smart decision by Blizz, at least in my case.
    How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    How about you?
    Seems like they did a 180 on their view of lfr though. The past two expansions the LFR has at least been somewhat challenging (based on wipes) saying to give it a few days/weeks and people will get used to it. The first LFR I did when it came out we were able to do in 30-45 minutes with minimal deaths.

Deleted
    i directly skipped lfr, so it didnt affect me

I started doing normals via PUG. I have not done any raiding (outside of LFR) since Black Temple. Some of the groups can be very painful and have a lot of downtime finding replacements. It hasn't really been too much fun. After 2 weeks I am 5/7 normal. The last two bosses seem like the might be a pain to pug and I already have conquest gear in those loot slots. I might give it a try before BRF though.

One of my incentives for starting to PUG is that I want the hammer of Blackhand for my pally. I am wondering how painful he is going to be to PUG now.

My normal mode fun runs picked up a couple of people from the guild who had previously been only socials. LFR was easy enough to give them confidence that they wouldn't be holding us back on the first couple Highmaul bosses. Unfortunately, they do hold us back on Tectus and Brack. We just can't compensate from someone who can't remember to run out of the raid when they're Crystal Barraged... three times...

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    How about you?

Yep. In earlier posts, I even stated I was to remain casual this expansion and run LFR only. This past week I joined a mythic raiding guild.

I was surprised by how easy LFR was. It is kind of refreshing not having to spend 2-4 hours a week in a group with frustrated people who couldn't give two shits about the content they're running because "It's LFR lol so ez" while still being able to get gear for both my main and my alts.

Also, the fact that they added the Runes into the loot tables for the LFR bosses was a great idea on their part. It makes LFR valuable even after you outgear it, because that extra +50 in your main stat is really helpful no matter what difficulty you're used to raiding at.

Deleted
    Yeah it's clear that Blizzard want people who only raided LFR exclusively in the past to use the group finder to join normal mode raids, similar to how pugs worked at the start of WOTLK. So definitely a good move on their part. I know people are saying these days that Blizzard are moving in a direction that will remove LFR in the future but that is not going to happen as there are still a large number of people who run LFR and nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Made me quit.

I've raided in the past and just don't want to dedicate 2-3 evenings every week to it at this point and the PUG I ran SoO with didn't reform for WoD, sadly.

I think raiding can be a lot of fun, but for me to dedicate the time I want to do it with people I know and like, not randoms.

It wasn't hard before. The big change is now a handful of shitheads can't troll the rest and cause wipes over and over for fun. It is silly that it is easier to get into and to do then dungeons and has no requirements to zone into like dungeons do. It really doesn't matter though, if people don't like it then they have other options.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It made me want to try normal. So I pugged it, and finished it, and it wasn't worth it. It wasn't hard or anything. It just wasn't all that much more fun, and the thought of having to do it over and over again for more loot made me want to throw up. Maybe it's just highmaul. Maybe BRF will be better. If not, I'm probably just gonna unsub in march.

LFR is serving its purpose. A quick way to gear up alts / show casuals raid content.
    If you want a more challenging experience go do Normal via Premade Group finder.

Deleted
    I think they should make LFR more difficult. I don't think anyone really has fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishanka View Post
    I think they should make LFR more difficult. I don't think anyone really has fun doing it.
    Just like the last 2+ years of it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I actually like LfR more now, no more nerdraging, e-peen waving and people going on and on about how his l33t friend has a cat that can do more DPS than some poor schmuck he singled out in the raid, we go in, raise hell and leave again, now for something decent to do outside raiding...

I really see no need in doing the harder difficulties, so Blizzard's "Let's try to make harder modes more appealing"-trick isn't working on me, especially since a large part of the difficulty in those harder modes comes from the people you have to deal with to raid them.

I think the dificulty of LFR is where it should be at. No more repeated whipes because the tank, healer or dps dont know any of the mechanics of the fight and whipe you time after time getting that determination buff to 5 stacks. Before WoD it was extreamly frustrating to spend a whole evening whiping in LFR.
    Last edited by Hopjesvla; 2015-01-24 at 04:41 PM.

Deleted
    You wouldn't wipe in LFR if the entire game was more difficult, forcing everyone to be decent, causing everyone to be better and causing them to therefore not cause the LFR wipes.

Deleted
    I absolutely love it. Now I can do LFR with my alts without feeling like "God... LFR....... no......."
    It's fast. It's retard-proof. Just how it should be. In SoO I spent hours upon hours wiping to ridiculous stuff because people were afking and others refused to kick the afkers. Shamans LFR? Wipefest. Nazgrim? Wipe to berserk until you get 4 stacks because people simply refuse to do anything. Those two are the most painful ones I've dealt with repeatedly - Garrosh I didn't even bother with on LFR more than a couple of times because of how long it took to actually kill it.
    Those days are over and I'm very glad of it. The difficulty is exactly where it should be. It doesn't affect me in the motivation-way as I'm doing mythic on my main and one of my alts so I can't really comment on that part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dem-chan View Post
    I absolutely love it. Now I can do LFR with my alts without feeling like "God... LFR....... no......."
    It's fast. It's retard-proof. Just how it should be. In SoO I spent hours upon hours wiping to ridiculous stuff because people were afking and others refused to kick the afkers. Shamans LFR? Wipefest. Nazgrim? Wipe to berserk until you get 4 stacks because people simply refuse to do anything. Those two are the most painful ones I've dealt with repeatedly - Garrosh I didn't even bother with on LFR more than a couple of times because of how long it took to actually kill it.
    Those days are over and I'm very glad of it. The difficulty is exactly where it should be. It doesn't affect me in the motivation-way as I'm doing mythic on my main and one of my alts so I can't really comment on that part.
    I`m agree.Wipefest was to much now its fine i`m not only enter with all my alts every week but with my main too(bloody stones...) And so far havent wipe 1 time yet on any boss.

Deleted
    Pretty sure i remember a blue post before wod was released explaining the new difficulty settings. In that they said how lfr will become basically "tourist" mode, there purely to show people content, it wasn`t meant to be in any way challenging. Normal difficulty is basically the default easy difficulty.