The silver lining is that with all the misinformation floating around about Brewmasters, their low popularity + mediocre average performance keeps us off the nerf-radar. So we can sit back and enjoy being strong. Try not to use the word "overpowered" and we can ride this wave for a long time.

edit: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    So.... we DO need a cult
    The Cult of the Elusive Brew.

I nominate myself as the head of the organization. Because beer has a head. And that's why we call it that, as opposed to high-abjugaquisitor or whatever.

WE SHALL BRING LARGE CRITS AND MUCH STAGGER TO THE MASSES.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    "In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king."

Or in plain speak, in a place where people are pretty backwards, the least-backwards person around is seen as the best. EJ needs to have a guide, so they have the least bad submitted guide published.

This very much ties in with my rant at the top of the page because different communities will listen to whoever is seen as the best among them. The reason why mediocre people end up writing guides is because no one else did, and their was the best (and sometimes only) of the few that were around.
    Since you basically mention it... I wonder how difficult it'd be to say to the purveyors of these sites "Hey I noticed some issues and inconsistencies with your Brewmaster guide. I can provide a more updated and accurate one if you'd like."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    how do these people get put in the spot where they can give advice on a spec and obviously know NOTHING about it
    I've gotten into arguments with pugs before, like if I'm on an alt. I'll see some poor Brm getting trucked, inspect him, and he's wearing haste/stam set up. Try to talk to him about it and just get the "well I read it on XYZ guide so I don't care what you say" mentality.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Started Brewmaster tanking about 10 days ago, after switching from Mistweaver because our group needed a tank. All I can say is, thank God I read the guide here, and here alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Since you basically mention it... I wonder how difficult it'd be to say to the purveyors of these sites "Hey I noticed some issues and inconsistencies with your Brewmaster guide. I can provide a more updated and accurate one if you'd like."
    Other than EJ you've probably got a good chance of it working, especially if you link some logs from people who are following it and showing they are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Halbaradkenafin View Post
    Other than EJ you've probably got a good chance of it working, especially if you link some logs from people who are following it and showing they are doing well.
    That would be a great and terrible thing if I actually did that.

On one hand I'd be able to help standardize the BrM community and get a pretty decent chunk of recognition.

On the other... I'd have that decent chunk of recognition. And I'd probably need to have a centralized place for questions or something or else I'd have to just look at all these places. That would be a LOT of trouble. How do people like Theck deal with it, I wonder.

Deleted
    Just tell all people that for any questions they have to come here?

That would be a great and terrible thing if I actually did that.

On one hand I'd be able to help standardize the BrM community and get a pretty decent chunk of recognition.

On the other... I'd have that decent chunk of recognition. And I'd probably need to have a centralized place for questions or something or else I'd have to just look at all these places. That would be a LOT of trouble. How do people like Theck deal with it, I wonder.
    I've been a lurker for a long time, play all tanks but druid and BRM is by far my favorite. I nominate that whomever becomes Cult Leader needs to be perpetually drunk, as in on the brew.

Brew makes us play better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksel View Post
    Not sure that would work well on icy veins as they have their own forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    I've been a lurker for a long time, play all tanks but druid and BRM is by far my favorite. I nominate that whomever becomes Cult Leader needs to be perpetually drunk, as in on the brew.

Brew makes us play better.
    I can handle being drunk on stream while tanking. It's very brewmastery. I gotta get myself one of those sweet hats that you harvest rice in though. Maybe I'll ask desrow where he got his? Yay last night of HM tonight! woooooooooot

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    I can handle being drunk on stream while tanking. It's very brewmastery. I gotta get myself one of those sweet hats that you harvest rice in though. Maybe I'll ask desrow where he got his? Yay last night of HM tonight! woooooooooot
    full ninja outfit.

also, yay pats

There are different types of players that look for their information in different ways. People that really want to be informed or even take part in discussion are okay with just wading into the middle of a forum, but a lot of people aren't like that.

Sometimes people just really want a quick person to hit up that they can trust without having to determine if whoever replies to them is someone that knows what they're talking about or someone that also just randomly strolled in and started posting.

Anyway, I'm going to try to have my cake and eat it too. I don't want to give up MW, WW, and metatheorycrafting rambling, but I also want a place that people can look at and see only Brewmaster information (not mixed in with everything else), and I'm not sure that anyone else has the means to do that and still be as accurate as possible except me right now. To that end, I'm spinning up a second blog on a second domain that will be Brewmaster-only material, filling it up with a lot of long posts I've already made that have a tendency to get lost in everything else I talk about. I'll also be linking back here with support, experiences from our discussions here, and sometimes just reposting important things people say here to reach more people.

I will refrain from talking about it here further because there are advertising rules, but I thought you guys should know what I'm trying to do as a possible solution to this problem. I'm going to go almost all-in on Brewmaster now and stop sitting around whining that there aren't any Brewmaster specific experts.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    full ninja outfit.

also, yay pats
    Not to go off-topic but yeah, that game. The curse of David Tyre was almost upon them again.

And thanks a lot total. Don't worry we will look the other way on the advertising rules for just a moment if you like! A website or repository like theincbear.com would work well for a small community like ours, but the problem often becomes that it's a labor of love and it's a thankless job that someone has to do. Or a few people do. But I appreciate the effort of you guys making me the best BrM I can be.
    Last edited by Ultramad; 2015-02-02 at 11:05 PM.

That's sort of bad manners though. "hey I answer questions but only on a competitor's website!"

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I will refrain from talking about it here further because there are advertising rules, but I thought you guys should know what I'm trying to do as a possible solution to this problem. I'm going to go almost all-in on Brewmaster now and stop sitting around whining that there aren't any Brewmaster specific experts.
    Which reminds me I need to have a talk with you about stuffs in a similar vein.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    Oh when I play my monk drunk dare I say it looks like a speed painting. I just go into overdrive and everything falls into place.

One important thing I would like to mention and I hope the crowd of top end BRMs and Total reads this. Last week FinalBossTV uploaded a Blood DK interview with Korvak, Reniat and Magdalena. Very interesting to see. They're gonna alternate between DPS > Tank > Heals so this week it was Resto Shaman.

They'll eventually end up on BRM and I'm really thinking Total needs to be on that show if at all possible. I don't know how they pick and choose, obviously theorycrafters are very welcome.

But the main reason for this is the reason already mentioned by most, misinformation hurts more than a lack of information.

This is prob far away but we should look into this.

What do you guys think?

Deleted
    That's sort of bad manners though. "hey I answer questions but only on a competitor's website!"
    Gods can do that? True though.

Incidentally this line of thinking started because someone mentioned on Twitter something about the FinalBoss interviews with tank specs and I was dreading having to listen to whatever person they invited say weird things that don't really make sense to people that actually play the spec.

I know we're kind of drifting off topic into meta-meta-meta-brewmastering land, but realistically a lot of my complaints about people not knowing what they're talking about are my fault. I don't like leaving the MMOC bubble very much because frankly I don't like talking to people that don't debate in an honest and intelligent way because it's just frustrating most of the time. It's kind of come to a point though where I can't just whine about what everyone else isn't doing and sit here doing nothing myself, it's disingenuous.

I think I had it wrong before trying to go everywhere else and pull people straight here; most people won't go for that. I think I can drive more people here by drawing them to myself first, and then after their trust has been earned a bit drop the whole "hey you know, most of this stuff isn't even mine, I get it all from the awesome people over on the MMOC Monk forum, you should check it out if you want to know as much as I do and stay on top of things." Anyway, I'm just glad that there is a place to have good discussion in anyways and a guide kept up so well. We've got a good enough system here, the problem now is just roping everyone else in to figure it out.

The amount of Brewmasters you come across in random dungeons, PuGs or LFRs that you try to offer some general advice too is astonishing. I see so many random Monks running with Haste & Stam Gems, yet 70% of them will just throw it back in your face and stick to the random guide they read..

It's just because the guides on other sites say haste until you feel comfortable, well if they keep stacking haste and still get trucked they never feel comfortable and keep stacking. Its a vicious cycle.

Luckily I've been lurking long enough and seeing what you all have done to follow that and learn how to be pretty decent myself. Thanks and keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtt View Post
    It's just because the guides on other sites say haste until you feel comfortable, well if they keep stacking haste and still get trucked they never feel comfortable and keep stacking. Its a vicious cycle.

Luckily I've been lurking long enough and seeing what you all have done to follow that and learn how to be pretty decent myself. Thanks and keep up the great work.
    The most comfortable you'll ever feel as a brewmaster is with 0 haste