Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How to escape from depression ?!

- I have lost interest in every subject. (I was)
    - I have lost interest in WoW and its lore. The lore of WoW was really important to me. (I was)
    - I have a lack of emotions. I am apathetic. (I was)
    - I used to be emotionally involved while playing videogames, watching TV and having discussions with friends. (I was)
    - I feel hopeless and I cry for no reason. I feel like this will never end. (I was)
    - I have thoughts of committing suicide but I won't do that. This is for sure... (I was)
    - I feel like life has no meaning and these feelings are totally destroying me... (I was)

I started the therapy a some days ago but I still feel lonely and hopelessness. I feel empty and I need help.

(I've dealt with it)
    Last edited by Arberian; 2015-08-12 at 06:58 PM.
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    I started the therapy a some days ago but I still feel lonely and hopelessness. I feel empty and I need help.
    It doesn't just go away. Continue therapy.

Deleted
    - I have lost interest in every subject.
    - I have lost interest in WoW and its lore. The lore of WoW was really important to me.
    - I have a lack of emotions. I am apathetic.
    - I used to be emotionally involved while playing videogames, watching TV and having discussions with friends.
    - I feel hopeless and I cry for no reason. I feel like this will never end.
    - I have thoughts of committing suicide but I won't do that. This is for sure...
    - I feel like life has no meaning and these feelings are totally destroying me...

Well you've started therapy, that will help you alot more than any advice given here tbh....

I recognize all of your issues and it sounds like at least general depression, possibly with anxiety due to the crying and hopelessness... And therapy is the right answer, possibly medication...

The symptoms you describe could very easily become or already be signs towards Bipolar or Borderline as well, if these symptoms just appeared out of nowhere without a clear cause for your feelings.

Regardless, as someone with bipolar disorder, trust me when I say that therapy and medication helps.

Just like a diabetic needs insulin, some people need mood stabilisers, it's a disease, and it needs to be treated. If however there is a cause to your depression, like a clear physical or emotional event that took place, then therapy might very well be all you need. But sometimes its just an inbalance in your head, and there is sadly no curing that, you can only treat it.

Therapy, and as soon as you're physically capable of taking up some physical activity, do so, especially in the sun. Almost everyone that picks up some exercise in the sun finds that it helps them cope with their depression. Runners and cyclists often find their physical activity to be huge for them.

Medication may help as well. Don't felt medicate though - leave it to professionals to work with you. Communicate with them.

Deleted
    I do not think therapy will do shit for depression tbh, it wont give you what u need to end it, i dont know if the reason for ur depression is being lonely or whatever but here some advice that might help

-Exercise
    -Good diet
    -Consume D-vitamin
    -If you are lonely, try to get around people
    -have a break jacking off so much, low testosterone levels can cause depression aswell

Never give up on hope if you are depressed tho it will get better im sure.

Deleted
    I exercise, I was put on medication, I meet with my therapist and treating clinician, I'm waiting for CBT.

It's not a quick fix.

It's gradual and often lifelong in the management of it.

Deleted
    - I have lost interest in every subject.
    - I have lost interest in WoW and its lore. The lore of WoW was really important to me.
    - I have a lack of emotions. I am apathetic.
    - I used to be emotionally involved while playing videogames, watching TV and having discussions with friends.
    - I feel hopeless and I cry for no reason. I feel like this will never end.
    - I have thoughts of committing suicide but I won't do that. This is for sure...
    - I feel like life has no meaning and these feelings are totally destroying me...

Stick with the therapy, take medications properly and just keep on trucking. Exercise is good also according to nearly every study. You can watch youtube testimonials of people who have come out the other side.

Just don't reject the world; seek help, use the help, lean on friends and family and they will be happy to help you, it will brighten up their day to know they can help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry to say this but... You don't get over clinical depression in a matter of days (assuming you have it diagnosed). It's a long process and may easily take years. It's very important not to rush things when it comes to depression. It's a real disease of the mind that needs time to heal. Medication helps, but don't rely on it. It alleviates but doesn't cure. Don't try and tackle it alone, you need help, which you thankfully have received. Be as open as you can with the psychiatrist.

And don't be too hard on yourself, okay? I was, which is probably one of the reasons why I got depressed myself. Every little failure ate me hollow.

I hope I was of some help.
    Last edited by Santti; 2015-02-15 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    I had major depression for many years. Only the past year has been ALOT better. Found myself a job to keep my mind off things. Working 6 days a week for a few hours each day, having therapy once a week and having my own money to spend as i please (once ive paid my bills) really helped me. If you don't have a job id look into finding one or something to keep ur mind at bay. Staying in playing video games and not having any social life sucks for the long run. but that's just me

OT: it really bothers me that people mistake 'depression' for being just sad.
    Last edited by mmoccd363a312d; 2015-02-15 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nutella because

Hey there Arberian! If it helps, you are not alone on this!

I often to feel more and more lonely and disconnected from the world and how my life used to be few years ago. It's hard and difficult to describe to others. I am working with myself everyday and I have decided to make myself small goals and focus more on myself and not others.

I focus more on doing what I want, what gives me joy. I started to work out again(I did before, stopped for 3-4 years), eat healthy, not get shitwasted drunk on saturdays. I also got myself a dog that contributes to my big interest - being out in the nature. He is a great friend when im going on trips and it gives me great joy. For me, being out in the wild and just be a part of it makes me really happy. Also the bonding between myself and my dog is great when we struggle together!

Just DO NOT sit home alone day in and day out. I did that for a while and it will only make things worse. Whatever you find enjoyable in life, start doing it. Get a hobby, go out with friends. Maybe save money up for a trip somewhere.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only ever had minor depression (not sure if it could even be classed as depression) so not sure it would help with you, but I always found that going out jogging with tunes blasting in your ear makes you feel better. Also gives you something to work towards if you're a bit overweight. Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it D:

Here is the way I look at it. Depression is a natural thing for most humans. It's like having a really negative friend who comes around every once in a while who tells you everything in your life is crap. Now how is that helpful?

Take the case of an annoying overly optimistic girl to whom everything is perfect in her life. Then depression hits, suddenly she feels her jobs sucks, and her boyfriend is a bit abusive. Once depression lifts she can act, she confronts her boyfriend about his abusive behavior and starts looking for a new job.

Depression just make her life a little better. I believe that's what depression is for, to give you a second, very negative, opinion on things.

Instead of lifting in a few weeks sometimes depression gets stuck on. There are some amazing drugs out on the market that will help a lot, talk to your doctor.

When I feel depression coming on, I just read book and don't do a whole lot.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't escape - embrace it
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Therapy takes time, but medicine can help. Exercise is a simple and an effective method of dealing with depression.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    you should probably bring this up with your therapist next time you see him or her then.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Myself I have cronic depression and am bipolar, I mostly have to learn to live with the ups and downs. When Im down I try to spend alot of time with my family even if I dont want to. Try get out in the nature and if you have any pets, hug them alot. Fresh air really helps. Do something so you feel productive and not useless even if its just helping with an easy chore. Do activities you used to like before the depression and/or when you were younger. I dont take any medication whatsoever and I like it that way. I too am suicidal on my worst but I manage to push through it. Listen to some good music aswell and eat good food, take D-vitamin and eat stuff with lemon.

Thats most of my tips.

Sertraline, exercise and a proper diet.

You may even do well with just the latter two, depending on how bad it may or may not be.

Alot of this stuff sounds like bipolar disorder, not simply depression. It is very important to distinguish the two because depression meds can push you into a manic state that you will crash hard from (extremely dangerous because you will want to kill yourself). Make sure to ask you therapist about this, but a few quick questions would be;

Do you now or have you ever had days where you had lots of positive emotion or energy (could last from one day to a week+) or sudden bouts of insomnia? Maybe this has not happened in the last few years, but think back.
    Does anyone in your family have bipolar disorder? It is supposedly the most hereditary of all mental illness.
    If yes to any of that bring it up immediately with your therapist. Untreated this will get much much worse, to the point that you have hallucinations and states of delirium.

There are some other things that can rule you one way or another, but a doctor would know the questions to ask or signs far better than what shorthand knowledge I have on the subject. More to the point of you post, medication will be the strongest tool available to you. Depression/bipolar disorder is a chemical imbalance in your brain and while there are some things you can do to help (such as going out and doing things even though you don't want to) they will not address the imbalance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depression is an evil thing, it takes time to overcome, and medication is often needed if its bad. However, you CAN overcome it.