Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's not that they're powerful, but the problem is how they use said power. They use said power to try and install friendly regimes to them around the world so that they can keep their power. The issue here is that it more often than not goes bad once the people find out. As examples, Iran, Al'quaeda, Cuba, Libya.

So, overall, the USA is not too powerful, but they use their power wrongly worldwide for quite a bit of the time, and unfortunately it doesn't only bite them back in the ass, it bites others too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    #NerfUSplz
    As part of this great nation, I support this hashtag <3

#nerfUSplz

I don't like getting into other peoples business, ESPECIALLY the Mother Russia/Ukraine conflict, I hope we don't get into that.. With people like ISIS though.. hands off!

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    America does own the world, shit. We even wear a sick hat and call it Canada.
    If Canada is our hat, what does that make Mexico?
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    It's not that they're powerful, but the problem is how they use said power. They use said power to try and install friendly regimes to them around the world so that they can keep their power. The issue here is that it more often than not goes bad once the people find out. As examples, Iran, Al'quaeda, Cuba, Libya.

So, overall, the USA is not too powerful, but they use their power wrongly worldwide for quite a bit of the time, and unfortunately it doesn't only bite them back in the ass, it bites others too.
    Massive irony from Europe. History much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Yes. The USA is too powerful, so it should give away a lot of its resources to other countries so they can be more equal. We should start by paying for people to move to different countries. I have a couple of ideas on how we can pick and choose who goes and who stays.

First on my list are all the unemployed residents of Ferguson, MO. They're all going to Norway.
    TLR this thread.

TheWalkinDude for president 2015!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Massive irony from Europe. History much?
    We learned it didn't work and stopped doing it. Just waiting for you to catch up on that.

USA takes out a ruthless dictator - World complains
    USA doesn't do anything - World complains

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    is usa too powerful and need to stop acting like they own the world with their interventioning everywhere?

like iraq and syria

shouldnt they have stayed out of it?
    And the alternative is what? Let China, Russia, etc. make decisions for everyone instead? Because without the US' military power and willingness to act as the world's police other countries can and will do worse. Eastern Europe, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, etc. would be doomed if the status quo ever changes.

Look, I get that the US should be criticized for the mistakes they've done in the Middle-East, but not for a second would I ever, EVER want to live in a world where other, more undemocratic superpowers, have a say in how the world is run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Our tighty whities?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    We learned it didn't work and stopped doing it. Just waiting for you to catch up on that.
    You mean you lost the ability to do it because you were bad at it and rather more heavy handed with it.

Accepting post World War loss of hegemony isn't learning, it's accepting defeat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    USA takes out a ruthless dictator - World complains
    USA doesn't do anything - World complains
    Would be nice if it was that easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Our toilet.

On topic: Our economy is entirely dependent on the world economy. Literally anything anywhere on Earth that threatens free trade (even involving countries we don't directly trade with) threatens our economy and our way of life. Thus we must intervene and protect free trade of the entire civilized world and maintain things as they are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    And the alternative is what? Let China, Russia, etc. make decisions for everyone instead? Because without the US' military power and willingness to act as the world's police other countries can and will do worse. Eastern Europe, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, etc. would be doomed if the status quo ever changes.

Look, I get that the US should be criticized for the mistakes they've done in the Middle-East, but not for a second would I ever, EVER want to live in a world where other, more undemocratic superpowers, have a say in how the world is run.
    they could take turns in centuries to do what they want

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    You mean you lost the ability to do it because you were bad at it and rather more heavy handed with it.
    Na na na, they lost their empires by giving them all up, they surely never came and kicked their asses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Accepting post World War loss of hegemony isn't learning, it's accepting defeat.
    Yeah cos we didn't lose anything before then, or have any rebellions or anything like that. USA got independence in 1918.

I didn't know we had an empire! Does that make Obama the emperor?

Is Canada part of our empire?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    I would rather have US in charge than anyone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post

See, the thing is, the US could stay a super power and stay the world police but simply stop saying to a degree how the world is run, but try to make it a better place for everyone. Of course not on their own. It just doesn´t work in this day and age to simply pretend being the good guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

"Too powerful" is irrelevant to your point imo. They are too meddlesome, yes.

That said, I think they are "too powerful" in a sense as well. Not that they should be less powerful for other countries' sakes. Rather, they should ease up on the military spending for the sake of the taxpayers. They spend a retarded amount on hardware and having a presence in other nations' backyards.