Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    At the end of the day it´s still just a game. You either move on if you don´t like it or you´re addicted

15+ Year Old Account
    If liking WoW automatically makes someone a white knight, what does hating WoW automatically make the other person that is an equally hollow insult?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    At the end of the day it´s still just a game. You either move on if you don´t like it or you´re addicted
    The first part of your statement is true. The other part is just plain wrong.

I play the game because I enjoy it. This week, though, I have barely logged on at all because I felt like taking a break. Sometimes, you just have to back away from something you enjoy to learn to appreciate it more. I have no problems putting the controls down if I feel I'm not satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    The funny thing is, you'd think fans would be in the game playing and not see all of this stuff. I only started to check mmochamp the less involved I became in WoW
    The vast majority of players do just that, they arent on forums reading about wow. I doubt 20% of the player base even uses a forum other than the blizzard forum. I did the same thing though, I didnt really start checking mmo-c much until I lost a lot of interest in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    My question is, if they feel the need to spew their opinion, instead of politely discoursing it, why can't I tell them "if they don't like WoW, go somewhere else"?
    Usually when you tell someone to "go somewhere else" or any other variant of the same degree you are looking for the opposite of discourse, you are looking to dismiss any further discussion.
    Last edited by belleflop; 2015-04-02 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    The vast majority of players do just that, they arent on forums reading about wow. I doubt 20% of the player base even uses a forum other than the blizzard forum. I did the same thing though, I didnt really start checking mmo-c much until I lost a lot of interest in wow.
    I was on the Blizz forums but they're significantly weirder than here :P

Sometimes I think it might be best to just ignore news and let everything surprise you, strictly staying in the game.

Deleted
    The whole mentality of this thread is wrong.

Clearly people are leaving to other games since WOTLK days, subs dropped almost to half since then.

But thats not the point, HOW DO YOU WANT ANYTHING TO GET BETTER WITHOUT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ? If we, the players, dont shout about the games flaws, then who will ? Telling blizz that the game is fine and good while subs are dropping wont help anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    Usually when you tell someone to "go somewhere else" or any other variant of the same degree you are looking for the opposite of discourse, you are looking to dismiss any further discussion.
    Another thing to take into account is that this response is generally aimed at people who just say "game sux hurr hurr"
    I can see why they'd want to dismiss discussion with someone who says "lel, casuals", "omg, gay pandas" or "c'mon blizz"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
    The whole mentality of this thread is wrong.

Clearly people are leaving to other games since WOTLK days, subs dropped almost to half since then.

But thats not the point, HOW DO YOU WANT ANYTHING TO GET BETTER WITHOUT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ? If we, the players, dont shout about the games flaws, then who will ? Telling blizz that the game is fine and good while subs are dropping wont help anyone.
    Don't get whipped by the blue

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    The funny thing is, you'd think fans would be in the game playing and not see all of this stuff. I only started to check mmochamp the less involved I became in WoW
    I agree though, but I have to say that I check mmo-c forums based off of wanting to learn more about the game than what's provided on the official forums (which are great an all, but lack the ability to stay even remotely focused, you will see pretty much only extremely negative topics on the official forums).

I have learned SO MUCH off of mmo-c that I will stay here until WoW dies. The very first time I remember getting hooked on MMO-C was the pre-wrath event before Wrath of the lich king (leechkanggg) - they had the arcanite ripping showing with a HIDDEN cooldown. Literally nobody I knew - knew about the hidden cooldown on the axe when it dropped from that Kara boss. It was of lower iLvl too, so the group leader almost disenchanted it - I asked if it was ok with the group if I used it, it was an 'upgrade' - back then you couldn't trade items after someone looted it to you. The SECOND I got the axe, I equipped it, and showed the group.. they were all stunned.

Again, I come here for WoW updates, WoW posts, and those little bits of info you can't get ANYWHERE else faster (maybe wowhead now is close, but it's just not mmo-c)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Agreed as well, I would say MOST WoW players don't read forums. They do however check MMO-C for front page posts on new stuff though.

In general, no matter the topic, "don't like it -> go away" isn't an argument and disregards the point of criticism. You may not like how extreme some get, but it's not valid to just disregard them. Rather counter their arguments or ignore them if they are too foolish. They have a voice just like you even if not the same brain capacity.

Note that explaining why WoW may not be the right game to somebody isn't the same as telling them to piss off if they don't like it as it is. Some people want WoW to be something it just can't be.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I agree though, but I have to say that I check mmo-c forums based off of wanting to learn more about the game than what's provided on the official forums (which are great an all, but lack the ability to stay even remotely focused, you will see pretty much only extremely negative topics on the official forums).

I have learned SO MUCH off of mmo-c that I will stay here until WoW dies. The very first time I remember getting hooked on MMO-C was the pre-wrath event before Wrath of the lich king (leechkanggg) - they had the arcanite ripping showing with a HIDDEN cooldown. Literally nobody I knew - knew about the hidden cooldown on the axe when it dropped from that Kara boss. It was of lower iLvl too, so the group leader almost disenchanted it - I asked if it was ok with the group if I used it, it was an 'upgrade' - back then you couldn't trade items after someone looted it to you. The SECOND I got the axe, I equipped it, and showed the group.. they were all stunned.

Again, I come here for WoW updates, WoW posts, and those little bits of info you can't get ANYWHERE else faster (maybe wowhead now is close, but it's just not mmo-c)
    I don't think i'll ever be able to tell, but in an effort to stick to my older guns I haven't done stuff like LFR. This next expansion I am even thinking of staying away from all in-depth news/spoilers to see if I can feel the same about the game like I did in the first half.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Note that explaining why WoW may not be the right game to somebody isn't the same as telling them to piss off if they don't like it as it is. Some people want WoW to be something it just can't be.
    That's the sad thing. With a game so large everybody can't be pleased
    What I think may be wrong might be fine for others.
    Most games just don't go on changin' on ya, alienating some fans while gaining others. Well, at least in other games you can always come back to them in your preferred state.

Deleted
    That particular line is the main retort of the white knights, they can't really nor care to argue against the people who are upset about the game's REAL issues, but still feel like just have to say something instead of shutting the fuck up if they don't have anything to contribute with other than "if you don't like it, piss off".

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, first of all. MMO-champion is a fansite forum for the WoW Franchise, as well as making room for the other products of the Blizzard production - hence subforums right away. The other sections are just there because people enjoy to talk about other things as well, and would love to discuss it with others about the many things. Reason I don't enjoy seeing people who just say, "If you don't play WoW, why are you on this forum?". There are still many other aspects but of course the main thing you have to remember is, this site is mainly WoW and Blizzard related - and no, not a secret Blizzard website like some few voices have tried to believe.

Secondly, well, the statement is right. "If you don't like WoW, go somewhere else", it is an old statement used for a lot of things though more commonly known as, "If you don't like it, go somewhere else". Though, that doesn't mean everything. If you've stopped playing WoW because you dislike it, you are as welcome to discuss about it as everyone else, that is where feedback comes from. But my own opinion, you wouldn't pay X amount of money for a product you dislike in the end, would seem wasteful. Luckily it is free to talk about.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Because thats usually something said by someone who either too lazy to write what he/she thinks or didn't have any argument in the first place.

Lots of players play WoW just like you do and, as such, are well within their right to hop into the forums and complain about whatever they dont like with the game. The "omg if you dont like it, dont play!" comeback is just plain stupid, it gives off the image of some idiot who thinks the game is his precious and nothing's wrong with it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Of course, this is the kind of post I'd ban. Imputing motives and thoughts to people you don't know is ridiculous. But somehow doing this is OK but criticising a video game is not? Don't make me laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

You know... I thought you were sincere. But now I think you're, ah, posting for reaction. I'm sorry, but the points' been made several times that you can control your own actions... yet you keep wanting to control others.

Scroll past the bullshit. If it's a trollish thread, close it and ignore it. If it's a person or several people add them to your ignore list in your control panel.

Take. Some. Responsibility.

Im sorry. I am completely sincere, and I truly am sick of coming to a WoW fansite, on its WoW forums, and seeing 89 percent of the posts be OMG BLIZZ SUCKZ.....I may be on a soapbox, but really? If someone gets on here, and complains that locks moved from 1st place in pvp to 3rd place, I applaud that discourse-its constructive, its needed and it may get the attention it needs. Not this muck I have to wade thru.
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Ultimately, "if you don't like it, go somewhere else" usually translates as "I am unwilling to accept criticism or read statements I disagree with, so go away and stop bothering me."

If you disagree with the manner in which the opinion is expressed, feel free to state that, and why. If you disagree with the opinion, feel free to argue against it or ignore it. But simply telling people to go away will not help anyone.

(Even if they're obvious trolls, it's not useful; if they're trolling, just ignore them and report them. Even telling them to go away is feeding them.)
    This is how I feel. The OP calls peoples opinions here "disgusting and smelly" - complaining about not being constructive, and then yet posts his own "smelly" and unconstructive post by telling people to go play something else.

Yes, I too wish people would be less vitriolic (I myself have a tendancy to speak from a place of anger too :P) but you have to realize that even under the "smelliest" of posts (your odd little word choice, not mine) there lies constructive feedback.

I detested Cataclysm. I left Cata and continued to post here and bitch and rant against Cata. I did this not because I hate the game - but because I love the game and wished it to not be broken anymore as I cared enough about the product I invested soo much time into. And I faced a huge wave of "if you don't like it, just leave" comments and stupidity. Enough of us did that - we left AND continued to post, and the results (while they lasted) were nothing short of amazing.

And you're now seeing it happen all over again.

Here's a simple idea - instead of encouraging people to "just leave" - why not discuss their ideas. Don't respond to the vitriolic ones, and try to see things from their perspective.

Remember, their opinions DO matter to your future fun in this game. If enough people leave - YOUR gameplay WILL change. It WILL change because there's not enough of you to support Blizzard and WoW content you like, just as there's not enough of us "haters" (which they aren't, they just don't like this current form of "content") alone to develop content they like... this happened in late-cata, and from the looks of it, it will happen again.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2015-04-02 at 12:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    This is how I feel. The OP calls peoples opinions here "disgusting and smelly" - complaining about not being constructive, and then yet posts his own "smelly" and unconstructive post by telling people to go play something else.

Yes, I too wish people would be less vitriolic (I myself have a tendancy to speak from a place of anger too :P) but you have to realize that even under the "smelliest" of posts (your odd little word choice, not mine) there lies constructive feedback.

I detested Cataclysm. I left Cata and continued to post here and bitch and rant against Cata. I did this not because I hate the game - but because I love the game and wished it to not be broken anymore as I cared enough about the product I invested soo much time into. And I faced a huge wave of "if you don't like it, just leave" comments and stupidity. Enough of us did that - we left AND continued to post, and the results (while they lasted) were nothing short of amazing.

And you're now seeing it happen all over again.

Here's a simple idea - instead of encouraging people to "just leave" - why not discuss their ideas. Don't respond to the vitriolic ones, and try to see things from their perspective.

Remember, their opinions DO matter to your future fun in this game. If enough people leave - YOUR gameplay WILL change. It WILL change because there's not enough of you to support Blizzard and WoW content you like, just as there's not enough "haters" alone to develop content they like... this happened in late-cata, and from the looks of it, it will happen again.

your post is constructive, well thought, and not at all "smelly". Those are the posts I have no issue with. I may disagree with you about, say, Cata-I do-but we can discuss without spewing cursewords, accusing Blizz of idiocy, or just acting like Neanderthals. And I get tired of being told" their opinion matters too!" ok, but can we do without the spewing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    Im sorry. I am completely sincere, and I truly am sick of coming to a WoW fansite, on its WoW forums, and seeing 89 percent of the posts be OMG BLIZZ SUCKZ.....I may be on a soapbox, but really? If someone gets on here, and complains that locks moved from 1st place in pvp to 3rd place, I applaud that discourse-its constructive, its needed and it may get the attention it needs. Not this muck I have to wade thru.
    There's a reason for this... and that reason is, well, the game is currently not in a very good and enjoyable condition for a great many people.

Even the official forums are getting a wave of negativity.

You know, the other way to fight this? Listen to their posts - and think of constructive ways to suggest what to do in 6.2. This is not to "shut them up" - but in hopes that some ideas will reach blizzard's ears. (don't think for a SECOND they don't read these forums. it's the only place they can effectively read people's posts who quit as you can't post on the official forums with a deactivated account).

If enough good ideas reach blizzard's ears, they may implement them - and satisfy those now great many who are disatisfied with the state of the game, and thus lower the "negativity".

You can't just plug up your ears and tell the bad vibes to go away. If you do that, your game will suffer as that will be a massive loss of money to blizz, and thus a cut in content and a definite change in content... and a change with no direction based on no feedback is worse than one with negative feedback.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    There's a reason for this... and that reason is, well, the game is currently not in a very good and enjoyable condition for a great many people.

Even the official forums are getting a wave of negativity.

You know, the other way to fight this? Listen to their posts - and think of constructive ways to suggest what to do in 6.2. This is not to "shut them up" - but in hopes that some ideas will reach blizzard's ears. (don't think for a SECOND they don't read these forums. it's the only place they can effectively read people's posts who quit as you can't post on the official forums with a deactivated account).

If enough good ideas reach blizzard's ears, they may implement them - and satisfy those now great many who are disatisfied with the state of the game, and thus lower the "negativity".

You can't just plug up your ears and tell the bad vibes to go away. If you do that, your game will suffer as that will be a massive loss of money to blizz, and thus a cut in content and a definite change in content... and a change with no direction based on no feedback is worse than one with negative feedback.

I agree with your premise that negative feedback can be good, but I disagree that the current state of gameplay is to blame for the tidal wave of......opinions...that are negative. the game is fine, to me. I understand others may not share this view, however when I have to disinfect my eyes from the vitriol I see here...its a problem.

It is pretty simple basically. If people complain about a big part (or small) of the game and take the time to write something about it... It means only one thing:
    THEY CARE ABOUT THE GAME.
    It is like a relationship (ye ye bad analogy, analogies do not need to be 100% accurate) you have. You have a wife you have loved for 5 years but somehow in the 6th year she changes. Now this can be external changes (she grows fat or too thin, whatever you find unappealing) or internal changes (about the way she looks at life).
    As a reasonable adult you start noticing these changes and you then start talking about them. You could say that you could complain about these changes to your wife. Now your wife may say: Too fat? Pff baby have you seen the TV? Fat is the new beautiful! (e.q.: the majority likes fat but we all know it is not good for us)
    You however do not like it and wants her to cut back on whatever it is she grows fat on and exercise more. (Hell you could do it together).
    So you discuss this issue many many times more. But she just sways the other direction. But yeah you love her or atleast loved the way she used to be. So you keep trying until one day, you find yourself not loving her anymore but a memory of what she represented. Then you get your divorce.

To come back to WoW. Many players complaining trying to save their relationship with a game they love. Ofcourse with my analogy I used the "she changed" theme. But it could aswell be that YOU have changed or a combination. It doesn't matter. What matters is that you are suddenly not feel catered to anymore.
    And you as a paying customer wants to be served properly. You used to be served properly but at the moment you are barely hanging on the game. You might be in the end stages of your "marriage", not fully realising yet that this is indeed a game that moved so far from your tastes that you might aswell just get a divorce.

But many of these players aren't there yet. Many still want to fight for their marriage to Blizzard/WoW. So who are you to tell them to go fuck off to some other game?