Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Their "yearly" expansion release goal already fell flat on its face.

WoD was released on November 2014.

Next expansion is barely getting announced on November 2015.

Unless some miracle happens, and the next expansion gets announced this month, beta begins in august, and ends in November.

Which I can tell you right now, is NOT gonna happen.
    Who says it can't be released November 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by despair9 View Post
    Exactly this.

Nearly every MMORPG that released after 2012 is way better than WoW ever was anyway.
    Honestly you could pick any MMO and see that they are better in everything but PvE Endgame (Raiding).
    Which I'm not a fan of (90% of people aren't anyway). Gear treadmill bores me and is the worst invention in the MMO genre.

Sadly kids in the basement are too attached to WoW, and can't let it go.
    Even though Blizzard is screwing them up all the time and delivering sub-par content.
    They are nothing but sheeps supporting abysmal quality of Blizzard games.
    Only sheep I see here are the haters who can't seem to let go of Wow. People play Wow because they enjoy it. You don't? Awesome. Move along then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Honestly i think hes prolly right... But for all the wrong reasons.

Looking at WoD, its looking more likely there was some big schizm that happenedid-production, where the "quality" designers seemed to have been punted off WoW and replaced by a whole new staff of ameteurs (especially since Blizz themselves said the delay was due to getting new people up to speed). Im very worried that heyre just going to shove out content-light expansions yearly and claim that theyre "quality" for a year-cycle. =\
    A majority of current Wow developers worked on all previous expansions with the addition of new developers. Just because Blizzard developers aren't doing what you or someone else wants doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. At no point whatsoever has Blizzard announced nor has anyone been able to provide one single ounce of proof that ANY Wow developers were taken off the Wow developer team. Adding new developers doesn't automatically mean removing old ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats kinda great news. Maybe in a half year from now, i can "resub" and still make it to clear "current raid content" in LFR.

I already addressed this on my initial post.

Even in the ultimate best case scenario where the beta starts the very next day after blizzcon (and this is nothing more than pure undistilled wishful thinking.) We'd still have to wait between 3 to 6 months of beta, putting the expansion release on April, or May 2016. Leaving us with 10-12 months of HFC.

So even in the absolute best of the best, super ultra optimistic best case scenario, we're STILL stuck with yet another content drought for a year.

That is assuming they wait until Blizzcon to announce the expansion. What if...now stay with me here because this is where it gets crazy...they announce the expansion at Gamescon so they are able to start the beta earlier and avoid having a year of no new content. Crazy concept right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Wouldn't the best case scenario be an announcement at Gamescom and then beta afterwards putting the game release somewhere between November and February?
    Not according to the trolls who keep pushing this nonsense about how Blizzard can't ever announce a Wow expansion anywhere but Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    Enjoy your 12+ months of no content, lulz. What will they use as an excuse this time?
    The truth isn't an excuse. This is what Blizzard does. They get bogged down in the details and paint themselves into corners. As I said before they are inept at project management and have basically admitted as much themselves. In fact this is precisely why Wod beta didn't start until much later than originally planned because they scrapped a lot of work they had done on garrisons and had to start over and considering how tightly garrisons are tied into the questing experience that put a delay on developing that content as well.

No matter how you guys chatting bout these things, nothing will change. There will be players who subs even thought there is no new content until next expansion. Blizzard knows this, they are not worried. They also know players are "sheeps" they will flock to the next expansion or big patches, happens every time.

Blizzard is at a point if everyone would unsub, they would probably more focused on their OTHER games. So it doesn't really matter for them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    Wow, great point. There's never been a Blizzcon without a WoW expansion announcement.
    And this is why blizzcon is Worth watching every other year.Not realy worried there are other games to play while waiting for New exp.Heavensward is one of them

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been saying from the moment 6.2 dropped it's going to be 18 months. If it were shorter, big IF... maybe 14 months. Maybe. Not bloody likely.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Why would they exclude Wow tokens from an annual pass promotion? They count as paying subs. The point of the annual pass is getting people to commit to paying every month regardless of how they pay whether it is credit card or game time card. If they didn't exclude game time cards from the annual pass why would they exclude Wow tokens? It is kind of staggering how so many people even now don't seem to comprehend how Wow tokens work.
    Oh I know exactly how they work. The reason I see them excluding them is because they would get people to pay with cash who already bought several months of game time tokens thus getting even more money out of them.

Annual Pass is essentially a way for them to know they'll get money and I'm sure if they did it again they wouldn't let people "quit" the pass so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    The same as last time: We were working hard on the next expansion
    How is that an excuse? They said why there was a year of no new content. That isn't an excuse. While completely unacceptable it is what actually happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Used the 7 free days to check out 6.2 patch.

Has nothing to keep me interested. Maybe the game sucks, maybe i am way to burned out on WoW , maybe a bit of both.There is no way i will subscribe to WoW or even buy time via gold. I strongly suggest people who feel the same to stop playing until they feel the content is worth the money and time, for the others who enjoy the game,i'm glad you are having a good time.

As for when the next expansion hits, all evidence from previous Blizz actions point towards a very long content drought. Blizz talks big when they say they wish shorter gaps between content and expansions yet have failed to actually do something about it. I would like to back them up but i just simply can't.
    How are they "talking big" by stating an intended goal? See this is why Blizzard developers are so hesitant to let players in on their development process because they are more interested in nitpicking and looking for ammo to use against the devs rather than trying to understand the developers thought process and design philosophy.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way they can release another expansion this year, maybe in feb-march.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am more concerned about where the hell the OP gets the 18 months from, with an old list of views diverting from what Blizzard announced they were trying to steer free from by having 2 patches only.
    Because people like the OP are more interested in creating forum drama and feeding the hate machine than actual constructive and intelligent discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

There's best-case scenario, and then there's daydreaming.

There's a bigger chance that Angelina Jolie travels to my country to marry me AND I meet the entire cast of Lord of the Rings on the same street in the same day by pure coincidence, than blizzard announcing the expansion at gamescom, and releasing the game on november.

Then again, stranger things have happened. But don't hold your breath for that.
    It has nothing to do with daydreaming. The ONLY way to avoid a 12+ month lack of new content means announcing the expansion and starting the beta for it BEFORE Blizzcon. That's a fact based on reality. Now as to whether they will be able to do it is an entirely different matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    People believing when wrath ended, them saying, we don't want long content drought at end of expansion, back then it is understandable.

Anyone who believed it after MoP or still believe it, are the reason the phrase "there is a sucker born every minute" exists. I mean seriously.
    I'm not sure what there is to not believe about Blizzard wanting to avoid long periods without new content. Lack of content=lost subscriptions and they know this. Are you implying Blizzard is lying and actually in fact prefers to have long periods of no new content despite losing money over it? I really have to question whether some of you children even know how businesses work. Not one single one of them operates with a business model that involves purposely alienating customers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Personally the only thing keeping me here is raiding and the guild I'm in. I honestly can't imagine what keeps other people playing with the current state of the game.

If I were them I'd have left a long time ago, there are much better alternatives to wow for literally everything else besides raiding.
    I know this may come as a shock to some of you haters but the people who are playing Wow are doing so because they want to and because they enjoy it. Not everyone who plays Wow has stockholm syndrome like some here seem to do and can't bear to give up something they hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reaver View Post
    Who says it can't be released November 2015?
    The timelines.

First of all, a raid tier lasts, roughly, for six months on average (being generous). That six months puts us into December, so we're already beyond it.

Secondly, two PvP seasons have been datamined. Similar to raid tiers, a six month PvP season isn't considered excessive at all. Even if we shortened it to five months, once you've done both, we're into April. Hell, if each season was four months, we're still looking at February at best. Thirdly, the beta for the next expansion hasn't started and can't; no copyright has been filed as of yet (which people on these forums are great at finding) for the name of a new expansion, so it's unlikely that it's even in F&F alpha.

Lastly, there's absolutely no way Blizzard will launch an expansion prior to BlizzCon - which is in November. Much of their efforts will start going into that when we approach the autumnal season, not developing a new expansion or running a beta.

In short, we know they're not launching in November '15. Absolutely no way. In fact, I'm so confident of that, I'm willing to bet you a store mount AND two pets of your choice on it.

What's most likely is that the two PvP seasons will see this awful expansion last until April or May next year, after it's announced at BlizzCon as normal, and Blizzard will call this a great success because the content drought didn't last a full year.

Again, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is on this. Funnily enough, I've put this on the table many times recently and nobody's taken me up on it.*

[*The last person who did, Tekkommo, won the bet and got a pet off me. Feel free to PM him to confirm it.]

Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    I can tell you right now that "best case scenario" won't happen, and the proof is in game already. There will be a S18, the achievement is there for "WoD S3". Arena seasons last anywhere from 20 to 40 weeks, and given S17 just started, it'll place the end of S17 in November at the earliest -- and then there's that whole other season thing.

We're looking at another fall release, next year.
    A fall release based on what? You understand Seasons 2 and 3 don't have to last 6+ months each right? In fact they could very well just skip season 3 entirely. Just because there is data in the game files doesn't mean it has to be used. Again even with a worst case scenario of a Blizzcon announcement and a January beta that puts release in June at the latest and most certainly not fall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amulree View Post
    The timelines.

First of all, a raid tier lasts, roughly, for six months on average (being generous). That six months puts us into December, so we're already beyond it.

Secondly, two PvP seasons have been datamined. Similar to raid tiers, a six month PvP season isn't considered excessive at all. Even if we shortened it to five months, once you've done both, we're into April. Hell, if each season was four months, we're still looking at February at best. Thirdly, the beta for the next expansion hasn't started and can't; no copyright has been filed as of yet (which people on these forums are great at finding) for the name of a new expansion, so it's unlikely that it's even in F&F alpha.

Lastly, there's absolutely no way Blizzard will launch an expansion prior to BlizzCon - which is in November. Much of their efforts will start going into that when we approach the autumnal season, not developing a new expansion or running a beta.

In short, we know they're not launching in November '15. Absolutely no way. In fact, I'm so confident of that, I'm willing to bet you a store mount AND two pets of your choice on it.

What's most likely is that the two PvP seasons will see this awful expansion last until April or May next year, after it's announced at BlizzCon as normal, and Blizzard will call this a great success because the content drought didn't last a full year.

Again, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is on this. Funnily enough, I've put this on the table many times recently and nobody's taken me up on it.*

[*The last person who did, Tekkommo, won the bet and got a pet off me. Feel free to PM him to confirm it.]
    Wasn't Ulduar just 5 months or so? BRF also wasn't its own raid tier, but it only lasted 4 months. So 5 months isn't unthinkable.

As for PvP, I have no idea, but anything datamined should be taken with a grain of salt. They could do that to intentionally mislead us. I really doubt that we'll have to wait until April 2016 for the next expansion.

And it doesn't have to launch before Blizzcon, it can just launch right after Blizzcon, just like WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Four months of no new content should be unacceptable for a subscription based game. You could buy a brand new game with that money every four months. Not to mention all the ridiculous side cash grabs in the store and extra character services. My blood boils a bit every time they act like they need all that money just to keep the servers alive with as much content as they do. Other games with probably a tenth of the player base churn out higher quality content far more regularly and still manage to not need subscription money. This cycle of disappointment will continue until players speak with their wallets and stop getting milked.
    No one is being milked. People pay for Wow because they want to pay for Wow. Again the only people here being held prisoner by Wow are the haters who can't seem to let the game go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    the Facebook Game thing started early Cata to be honest. Peacebloom VS. Ghouls, was an intro into this. MoP has Farmville and Noodle Chef. Hexus, aka Super Hexagon. Pokemon. Katamari-Gnomblitiration, Wow has deviated from wow into mini-games a lot since Cata.

edit: missed one from Cata... Joust!, SoO had PacMan on Mythic.
    You do realize the game Peacebloom vs Ghouls was in fact NOT based on a facebook game right? Just because you don't a certain type of game or play style doesn't make it a "facebook game". It is simply one of many, many, many pop culture references that have been in Wow since DAY ONE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Ulduar just 5 months or so? BRF also wasn't its own raid tier, but it only lasted 4 months. So 5 months isn't unthinkable.

As for PvP, I have no idea, but anything datamined should be taken with a grain of salt. They could do that to intentionally mislead us. I really doubt that we'll have to wait until April 2016 for the next expansion.

And it doesn't have to launch before Blizzcon, it can just launch right after Blizzcon, just like WoD.
    I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Are you?

The most likely course of action is what I described to you.

1) Announcement at BlizzCon.
    2) Beta starting in January and lasting through April.
    3) May release, or later.

All the evidence, and I do mean all of it, points to this being the case. The only argument to the contrary comes from bland skepticism that ignores everything and invokes Bertrand Russell's celestial teapot argument.

From here on out, I'm going to offer anyone who wishes to argue with me on this the same terms I've offered you.

Let's find out who's just trying to be argumentative, and who actually believes what they're peddling.

To reiterate:

A store mount and two pets it's not before November this year. Ready to shake on it?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Ha! You said the exact same thing with MoP. Someone even sig quoted it. Are you trying to be a joke?
    Because it isn't like there was an extended period of time between Wod being announced and it going into beta or anything. Oh wait...

Look at what I said and engage your brain a bit. I said IF the beta starts in January it will release by June.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I fully expected them to announce Eye of Azshara last year, and it's possible that they decided otherwise at the last minute, and that's why the WoW panels at Blizzcon 2014 were so shit. Maybe the expansion was already announce-ready last year, and they can actually release it after Blizzcon this year.
    Blizzard isn't going to announce a new expansion when one is right about to release. Get a clue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amulree View Post
    I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Are you?

The most likely course of action is what I described to you.

1) Announcement at BlizzCon.
    2) Beta starting in January and lasting through April.
    3) May release, or later.

All the evidence, and I do mean all of it, points to this being the case. The only argument to the contrary comes from bland skepticism that ignores everything and invokes Bertrand Russell's celestial teapot argument.

From here on out, I'm going to offer anyone who wishes to argue with me on this the same terms I've offered you.

Let's find out who's just trying to be argumentative, and who actually believes what they're peddling.

To reiterate:

A store mount and two pets it's not before November this year. Ready to shake on it?
    Dude, chill. I'm just speculating here.

Also you haven't adressed anything I wrote, so don't bother me with your stupid bet and actually adress that shit or leave it be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Blizzard isn't going to announce a new expansion when one is right about to release. Get a clue.
    Yeah. Exactly. That's why they didn't announce it last year. So what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Bleh, let the next expansion take the time it takes, if 6.2 going for one year a filler patch like 3.3.5 would be nice but i do not want them to rush the expansion like this one.
    No amount of development time is going to prevent bad game design decisions. Rushing wasn't the issue and its kind of hard to rush an expansion that had originally been planned to release 6+ months earlier than it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, chill. I'm just speculating here.

Also you haven't adressed anything I wrote, so don't bother me with your stupid bet and actually adress that shit or leave it be.
    I actually addressed your question very specifically, and very comprehensively.