Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Patch 5.1 storyline retconned?

Since in Legion, Dalaran is coming back as a neutral city - does it mean that patch 5.1 storyline has been retconned?

Because why the hell would any blood elf or even any member of the Horde step into that city after The Purge of Dalaran?

And you can't justify it by saying that Dalaran is now lead by Khadgar, not Jaina.

It doesn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    the story will be told IN legion... that's kind of the entire point, we dont know yet what happened to make it work
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm, you really CAN justify it by saying its lead by Khadgar. There are Jews in Germany, despite the fact that Hitler killed them in the Holocaust. Change of leadership is a big thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, something REALLY pissed Jaina off. So she left Dalaran to take care of it. Or she was kicked out. The point is, Jaina's gone and Khadgar has taken over. And everything's pretty much going back to the way it was under Rhonin.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Deleted
    Khadgar was voted leader, Jaina got all pissy and ran off, Khadgar believes the horde and alliance together have a better chance so allows the horde back in.

makes sense tbh, Jaina kicking the horde out was retarded anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Just because you feel it doesn't make sense doesn't mean a retcon took place.

A retcon would be ridiculous, it isn't something you can do for such a pivotal moment of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

More likely her boy toy bites it saving her ass and she goes icy hearted rage queen; blaming the Kirin Tor for its stupid politics getting in the way of victory. It was stated pretty clearly in the original panel on the expansion that she's more than a bit upset about something.... again.

Just a theory, but other than Khadgar just seizing control of leadership by calling in favors with the other Kirin Tor members it would not make too much sense for her to go the spiteful route. Maybe she'll go home and mope with what little family she has left in the south seas.

I feel like putting on a tinfoil hat but I think Jaina is going to leave Dalaran to help leadership of the Alliance after Varian's fall out of necessity because of Anduin's naivety.

OT: There shouldn't be that big a problem with the Blood Elves and Horde coming back to Dalaran under better leadership. The Nazi Germany comparison already made is the best example.
    End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What if Khadgar kicked her out of the Kirin Tor as an apology towards the Sunreavers? That would be awesome.
    That would actually be completely lame and dumb, because it would imply that the Sunreavers were not at fault for turning a blind eye to the betrayal one of their members committed, choosing to protect him instead of following Kirin-Tor's rules of punishing him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What if Khadgar kicked her out of the Kirin Tor as an apology towards the Sunreavers? That would be awesome.
    Yup. Jaina's decision should have drastically weakened the effectiveness of the Kirin Tor. Regardless of who's morality you side with, alienating Aethas and half the world's mages couldn't have had a net positive impact on the knowledge and power of their organization.

But how will Vereesa and the Silver Cove handle it? Will they leave and join Jaina with the Alliance? Alleria? I don't think so. To me, the conversation with Vol'jin, Vereesa and Halduron Brightwing outside Zul'Aman hinted that if Lor'themar, Romath and Jaina can be convinced or removed from the equation then the High Elves and Blood Elves can live in harmony; possibly with a Vereesa/Halduron romance. This seems much more likely after the renewel of the Sunwell, the redemption of Blood Knights and the Quel'Delar chain showing that High Elves are on the Isle.

I don't see any reason for the Sunreavers and Silver Covenant to continue as separate organizations. And Rhonin's widow marrying one of the Blood Elves connected to those responsible for nuking Theramore would piss Jaina off ^_^
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2015-08-15 at 05:37 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That would actually be completely lame and dumb, because it would imply that the Sunreavers were not at fault for turning a blind eye to the betrayal one of their members committed, choosing to protect him instead of following Kirin-Tor's rules of punishing him.
    This has little to do with the fact that Jaina overreacted and followed no standard procedure, acting by her own, unleashing the Silver Covenant to commit murders around and imprison people out of mere insinuations.

While I think that Khadgar kicking her out is too much and don't even fit his character, Jaina has a lot to answer as well for her poor decisions and screw ups as a leader.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    While I think that Khadgar kicking her out is too much and don't even fit his character, Jaina has a lot to answer as well for her poor decisions and screw ups as a leader.
    Personally i considered Jaina becoming the Leader of the Kirin Tor one big plot device to bring the Kirin Tor back into the Alliance, the Garrosh trial dwarved that one though.

It's just illogical, Kirin Tor wants to stay neutral yet appoints someone as their Leader who was hellbent on drowning Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Personally i considered Jaina becoming the Leader of the Kirin Tor one big plot device to bring the Kirin Tor back into the Alliance
    When you have a person who went through extreme PTSD gifted with one of the most important leadership positions on Azeroth by simply following the riddles of a prophecy, it's pretty obvious that someone wants that person to cause some mess and massively screw up. So yeah, a big plot device.

Maybe Jaina will be a warlock in Legion.

This has little to do with the fact that Jaina overreacted and followed no standard procedure, acting by her own, unleashing the Silver Covenant to commit murders around and imprison people out of mere insinuations.

While Jaina may or may not have overreacted (it's a point of contention that is immaterial to this subject), kicking her out as an 'apology to the Sunreavers' is like a jury convicting a family man with assault for beating an armed robber that broke into his house in the middle of the night, and letting the robber go free without so much as a slap on the wrist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Yup. Jaina's decision should have drastically weakened the effectiveness of the Kirin Tor. Regardless of who's morality you side with, alienating Aethas and half the world's mages couldn't have had a net positive impact on the knowledge and power of their organization.

But how will Vereesa and the Silver Cove handle it? Will they leave and join Jaina with the Alliance? Alleria? I don't think so. To me, the conversation with Vol'jin, Vereesa and Halduron Brightwing outside Zul'Aman hinted that if Lor'themar, Romath and Jaina can be convinced or removed from the equation then the High Elves and Blood Elves can live in harmony; possibly with a Vereesa/Halduron romance. This seems much more likely after the renewel of the Sunwell, the redemption of Blood Knights and the Quel'Delar chain showing that High Elves are on the Isle.

I don't see any reason for the Sunreavers and Silver Covenant to continue as separate organizations. And Rhonin's widow marrying one of the Blood Elves connected to those responsible for nuking Theramore would piss Jaina off ^_^

I don't think Vareesa would do that, Rhonin died in theramore...Why would she marry someone connected to the responsible people for her husbands death? Vareesa hated the horde after Theramore too. Did you read War Crimes? She doesn't instantly love them or anything lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    While Jaina may or may not have overreacted (it's a point of contention that is immaterial to this subject)
    Nope it's very material. Her poor choices and irrational actions cost lives. The Sunreavers could have been expelled anyway with a majoritarian vote of the Council once presented the evidence, coming out with the conclusion that the situation couldn't be handled anymore and that a second case of "betrayal" of the Kirin Tor's rules coming from them was too much. The end.

Instead, many Sunreavers have been killed or imprisoned despite having no actual role with the affair of the Divine Bell, they could have been expelled in a far reasonable way by rationalizing the situation, while Jaina "purged" them out of hollow accusations. She was the leader of the Kirin Tor and she had the greatest responsibilities, she used that power horribly, making horrible choices that caused huge consequences. Her facing repercussions for that isn't anything too far-fetched.

Maybe there's some politics involved, but my guess is she'll leave for her home, Kul'Tiras, which is somewhere in the general vicinity of the Broken Isles. Perhaps Kul'Tiras will be the Alliance vanguard faction heading into the Broken Isles, with Jaina as their leader. I think the class hall preview mentioned that player are working with their class because the Alliance and Horde are at each other's throats. A Jaina-led Alliance faction would fit the bill there.

Nope it's very material. Her poor choices and irrational actions cost lives. The Sunreavers could have been expelled anyway with a majoritarian vote of the Council once presented the evidence, coming out with the conclusion that the situation couldn't be handled anymore and that a second case of "betrayal" of the Kirin Tor's rules coming from them was too much. The end.

Instead, many Sunreavers have been killed or imprisoned despite having no actual role with the affair of the Divine Bell, they could have been expelled in a far reasonable way by rationalizing the situation, while Jaina "purged" them out of hollow accusations. She was the leader of the Kirin Tor and she had the greatest responsibilities, she used that power horribly, making horrible choices that caused huge consequences. Her facing repercussions for that isn't anything too far-fetched.
    'Horrible choices that caused huge consequences' for 'horrible choices that caused huge consequences', where's Aethas again, hm? I recall he was the one who opted to gamble his Sunreavers' lives and livelihoods, and deal with a crazy, grief-stricken, 'I want to massacre the Horde' bloodthirsty Jaina instead of bringing the traitor to face justice.

But other than that... are you saying that we should let Aethas and the Sunreavers 'go free without so much as a wrist slap'?

Vereesa re-marrying? What is this? That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while. Butcher the lore some more will ya?