10+ Year Old Account
    Civil is a whole lot different from Criminal. Even in the public sphere, people view a Civil case as a cash grab by people without a Criminal case to go with it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Man totally missed this, wondered why I suddenly heard ESPN talk shows actually talking about someone related to hockey, just couldn't stay up long enough to hear what it was about. One of those things I'm guessing the league will wait to see what happens as far as charges go. I doubt they do anything until they find out if it is remotely true or just another persona being falsely accused.

The didn't do anything to Ribs despite the speculation and the civil case, so I think you will see them wait to see if there is any criminal charges.
    They can't suspend him until official charges are laid. Since the investigation is still going on and probably will for a while yet, you might not see anything until closer to training camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stoll signs with the Rangers at $800k, a good low-cost move for a valuable veteran center. I would've loved to have had him back but there was no way with the myriad legal issues the Kings could've kept him and terminated Richards.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which, the NHLPA has filed the expected grievance

Unless he is charged with something fairly soon, the PA may have a pretty decent case.

is it October yet? fuck!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Seriously, I need some hockey pretty bad.

Also we are apparently going with gold ( actually yellow tbh) helmets on Saturdays apparently. Should be interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Seriously, I need some hockey pretty bad.
    Champions Hockey League starts in a week!

https://www.championshockeyleague.ne...chedule/8/int/

- - - Updated - - -

There was an awesome practice game in the Finnish league tonight. Pelicans vs JYP.

Pelicans lead 4-0 after the first period. In second and third period JYP started scoring and tied the game 4-4 in 3rd period. At that point Pelicans changed their goalie.

After that........JYP scored 4 goals with the next 4 shots, winning the game 4-8.

The new Pelicans goalie, Toni Eskelinen, saved 2 shots total.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Erhoff to the Kings, 1 year - 1.5 million

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even think the Leafs are going to be talked about much to start the season. With the Jays playing the smack down on pretty much everyone in the MLB, the Leafs will be playing second fiddle.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    And they'll still get talked about more than any other canadian team

The Leafs are the Leafs, man. They will be shoved down our throats in good time. There's like 40-45 days til the season opener, too, so it's coming. As exciting as the Jays have been for Toronto (and realistically, a lot of Canada as a whole), this is still a hockey city. If they sputter down the stretch, or end up losing in the WC game or something, people will tune them out again until they start to do well next year. I really hope they make a run in the playoffs (like ALCS at least - obviously ideal if they go further), because this city needs a playoff win somewhere between their 3 big teams.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of odd that Toronto is such a hockey town and the franchise is the most valuable hockey franchise. The team has been utter shit (one of the worst if not the worst in NHL) for almost two decades and hasn't been in Stanley Cup finals for 50 years.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dedicated and historic fanbase isn't just going to bail when the going get's tough. It's also the mecha for sports media here in Canada with studios for TSN and Sportsnet located there. Back when there weren't any teams there was Toronto and Montreal so if your Grandfather was a Leafs fan then your Dad was a Leafs fan so you're a Leaf's fan. They have been not great in the last 8 or so years but they were playoff competitive when they had Sundin and Cujo those years ago. Absolutely massive fanbase, anytime they go anywhere there'll be a section of Leaf's fans. Hell I've been to games here in Calgary where the Leafs aren't even playing and there will be people rocking the jersey. They've suffered some road bumps thanks to Dave Nonis but don't be surprised if they're a force in 1-3 years. I can totally see them being a sleeper hit like the Flames were last year too. (but I can also see them standing at the podium picking Auston Mathews next June too)

10+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK, a lot of people were happy they landed Babcock. But the very same people were very cautious because he will make them play hard. The last two wildcard spots are up for grabs. With the Atlantic division seemingly locked up by Tampa, Montreal, Ottawa and Boston. When you remove someone from the room who is toxic (in this case Phil), the team generally plays better because they get along. Last year the Nuck got rid of someone who didn't want to be there in Kesler and the team improved quite a bit. It'll also be said they improved at coaching as well. So the Leafs are in the same situation as the Nucks were last year. Got rid of a player who you could see check out of a game, and they picked up a coach who takes command of the room. The best the Leafs can do is get the 1st overall pick, the worst they could do is make the playoffs and derail their rebuilding plan.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ottawa isn't going anywhere, that team is still mediocre and will be another bubble team. They just don't have the skill to be a playoff contender. I'd still take the Leafs offense sans Kessel over Ottawa's and while their defence has been better than the Leafs, I want to see how Babcock handles the existing defence and the goaltending. Boston might take another step back this year, but otherwise Montreal and Tampa are going to be the two really good teams in the division and the rest will be bubble teams.

So the Flames have Giordano AND Hamilton signed pretty fucking cheap. For like 6 years or whatever. Fuck you.

As for Ottawa, I would say Craig Anderson being healthy makes them a contender for a WC spot.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    So the Flames have Giordano AND Hamilton signed pretty fucking cheap. For like 6 years or whatever. Fuck you.
    awwww yissss, that was the best notification on my phone today.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Christmas in Calgary, except that smoke shit, fuck off Washington

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep saying Ottawa because that is a team that makes you want to believe. You want to believe they will succeed. That and they like to flirt down the stretch if will they make it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Christmas in Calgary, except that smoke shit, fuck off Washington
    Flames site sucks ass at updating contract status, who is left behind still for UFA/RFA?

Haven't seen/heard deals for: Ferland, Arnold, Hanowski, Schlemko, Potter, Diaz, Elson, Thiesson.