Deleted

Thumbs up RealUI - Addons for Resto and Elemental Shaman

I made a video about my favourite addon compilation package RealUI:

RealUI: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...68-RealUI.html

I though that it might help few people who are looking for a new UI. At the end of the video I included some footage of my "modified" RealUI that is
    optimized for Resto and Elemental Shaman. If there are enough people I might upload that version as well.

Disclaimer:
    I have edited parts of RealUI, I have also used other people Weak Auras etc I DO NOT claim that everything was done by me. Sharing is caring
    Last edited by mmoce4c0f668c7; 2015-07-14 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    My edited version of the UI is now available for download. Check out the YouTube video for a preview!

YouTube (starts at 2.47): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0b884FeFq4#t=2m47s
    WoW Interface: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ealUIEdit.html
    Last edited by mmoce4c0f668c7; 2015-09-17 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    Probably not the first question you were hoping for but.... What is the song called, such a relaxing guitar play would love to know the chords

I don't think it's particularly fair to say "sharing is caring" when you have specifically monetized this video with work (in particular weakauras) from others; that seems somewhat shady.

The Elemental Weak Auras are heavily based on an earlier version of mine (right down to the small HST icon in the main row), and the Balance auras are based on an early version of Cyous's (which I grabbed way back when and am still using for my Druid).

Generally it's good to ask before you copy stuff, and the fact your preview is monetized makes it doubly shady, especially since the core UI components are also not yours. Subtract RealUI, the copied Weak Auras, and you're not left with much original work.

What a fucked moral compass.

Deleted
    I monetised the video purely on the fact I spend time on reviewing RealUI and editing the video, I wasn't event going to release the edited version of the UI until I got a lot of requests. I always advertise and provide links to RealUI. I didn't monetize the video for the addon package rather than the effort for editing the video. It was monetized for a month before the UI was uploaded.

You will notice that I don't have any "donate" button on the WoW interface site and I don't intent to, instead I have numerous links to RealUI and I appreciate what it is. Maybe I should have been more clear that a lot of the parts are basically "pulled" together beside ALL of the grid2 and TellMeWhen configurations. But in all honesty I would have uploaded to Dropbox if it would have caused less "hate" in order to make the people who contact me over the weeks happier.

But I guess I am the prick for making the 2 euros for a video that I uploaded that provides useful preview and installation instructions for a cool UI package (RealUI). I guess I am the first to monetize reviews and tutorials online.

Didn't ask.

Didn't credit.

You must've known where you lifted the UI shit from, so what's so hard about putting their names in the vid description? (if you weren't gonna ask first anyway).

Unreal.

Deleted
    I must say the thread has kinda derailed now. I have updated both the video and WoW interface descriptions to credit not only RealUI but also the Weak Aura authors. It was an oversight from my part and I do apologise. All I really wanted to do was to provide an easy way to download all of these great components from one "raid-ready" package.

Quote Originally Posted by MadSkillzzTV View Post
    All I really wanted to do was to provide an easy way to download all of these great components from one "raid-ready" package.
    ...and make money from other people's work.

Deleted
    Firebug1975 you do realize the video was monetized a month before I even uploaded the UI or was even considering to upload it? I monetized the video because it was simply a review and I spent MY time editing the video. It probably also provided extra downloads for RealUI etc

You do realize how reviews work on the internet? have you ever watched a video on YouTube?

I don't know if troll or just so ....

Quote Originally Posted by MadSkillzzTV View Post
    Firebug1975 you do realize the video was monetized a month before I even uploaded the UI or was even considering to upload it? I monetized the video because it was simply a review and I spent MY time editing the video. It probably also provided extra downloads for RealUI etc

You do realize how reviews work on the internet? have you ever watched a video on YouTube?

I don't know if troll or just so ....
    While I don't mind sharing, there is a difference between sharing and monetizing a video meant to showcase the work of others.

Just a courtesy, you should always name the source author(s) on any media you upload.

I see you have updated information tabs on WowInterface and Youtube, so all is well on my side.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project