Poll: Would you like to see Galleon and Oondasta made 15min respawns?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    lol at those people voting "No".. Probably the have those mounts already and dont want others being able to farm them a bit easier in case they become "Mainstream".

But yeah.. It totally makes sense to lower the spawn time to 15mins.. Or even 5 minutes.. Whats the difference? You can't loot them more than once per week, sooo..?
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Well duh, just getting a group for oon is a pain and then getting there to see his dead means its another 2-5 weeks before another group forms
    Lies. if he died before your group came means there are more then 1 group around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I can go for 15, with him only lootable once per week per account.
    wtf why? His gear irrelevant and the mount drop chance is very very low. Why does it have to be 1 per account, way to much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    wtf why? His gear irrelevant and the mount drop chance is very very low. Why does it have to be 1 per account, way to much.
    Its once per week per *CHARACTER* not account. I think that's what he meant :P
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

this would be an unnecessary change since the group finder and realm hopping is so common these days.

They should lower the respawn of the Zandalari Warbringers.

Quote Originally Posted by Plotus View Post
    this would be an unnecessary change since the group finder and realm hopping is so common these days.
    I don't know if you even read my original post but regions that aren't US can't just freely realm-hop to find Galleon or Oon up. Some of us have 2 possible instances to hop between.
    And no one actually makes groups for these anyway. People can solo them, so people sit at the spawn and as soon as he spawns they kill him. If you aren't camping the spawn it's impossible to get a kill or know if he has spawned. And this is only going to worsen in Legion when all classes can solo them and people will be killing them much faster.
    Therefore it IS a necessary change unless you want the bosses to become less available than they already are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    They should lower the respawn of the Zandalari Warbringers.
    They could, but they're only like 30 mins to an hour aren't they? Plus the drop rate on that is (supposedly) much higher, and they drop rep things/big bags of goodies.
    Reducing the spawn times wouldn't be bad though especially with cross realm. Finding them before cross realm was already a pain :P

Deleted
    Voted 'yes' even though I have both :P But could you not just do what I do with Nalak and cross realm it using the addon?

Deleted
    I'd tweak respawn timers for zandalari warbringers too. They are never up and because of CRZ there's always someone camping the spawn spots even early in the morning.
    And no, they are not shared tag mobs.

At least make them shared tag personal loot. Fighting for tags should be a relic of the past nowadays. This only makes meeting other players a nuisance instead of a good thing (like it should be in an MMO)

As for MOP world bosses i couldn't care less because their drop rate is too unrealistic for me to bother farming them. I just make 960k gold and bid that on BMAH. Got galleon and plagued protodrake mounts this way so far, it's only a matter of time to get remaining ones. And once you have 10 alts with garrisons it takes much less time and effort to make 1 gold cap than kill a weekly lockout boss 2,000 times on average.

They might change how gold works in legion tho. Inflation has been pretty high and i wouldn't be surprised if they upped gold limit in 7.0, or even made gold serverwide with no realistic limit. If that was the case, well... shit, because i can't "buyout" on BMAH anymore

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Voted 'yes' even though I have both :P But could you not just do what I do with Nalak and cross realm it using the addon?
    I've said it several times already, but I'm Oceanic, we have two instances between something like 8-10 realms for Galleon or Oon to be up. When they spawn on PvP or PvE no one makes a group they just solo it, let alone the fact there is usually very few people making groups for anything on Oceanic. And Oceanics cannot cross-realm to US or EU or anything, only to the other Oceanic cross-realm.

I believe EU is in the same boat as well, they have something like four or six cross-realm instances they can hop to to see if he's up.

But yeah, it's not just that easy for some of us to cross-realm and look for them. I do get all my like 20 characters per week done with world bosses, takes me three to four days of nothing but sitting at the spawns to do it though. If they reduced the spawns it would benefit people in regions that have less cross-realm instances than US and that. And it wouldn't negatively impact large regions either. Win-win situation tbh haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I'd tweak respawn timers for zandalari warbringers too. They are never up and because of CRZ there's always someone camping the spawn spots even early in the morning.
    And no, they are not shared tag mobs.

At least make them shared tag personal loot. Fighting for tags should be a relic of the past nowadays. This only makes meeting other players a nuisance instead of a good thing (like it should be in an MMO)

As for MOP world bosses i couldn't care less because their drop rate is too unrealistic for me to bother farming them. I just make 960k gold and bid that on BMAH. Got galleon and plagued protodrake mounts this way so far, it's only a matter of time to get remaining ones. And once you have 10 alts with garrisons it takes much less time and effort to make 1 gold cap than kill a weekly lockout boss 2,000 times on average.

They might change how gold works in legion tho. Inflation has been pretty high and i wouldn't be surprised if they upped gold limit in 7.0, or even made gold serverwide with no realistic limit. If that was the case, well... shit, because i can't "buyout" on BMAH anymore
    Yeah I was getting to the point where I wanted to stop doing them, but I'm also at the point where I have 1600+ attempts at Nalak/Gall and 1800+ for Sha so I decided I'm already in too deep I'll just keep going. Plus, I'm on a high-pop realm so even if one of the mounts did pop up I probably wouldn't be able to cap it in time. I'd also rather save my gold for something a little more 'unique', like the Mythic Archi mount :P

I don't really care one way or the other, but voted yes because why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I don't really care one way or the other, but voted yes because why not?
    It doesn't hurt any players at all so exactly, why the hell not?! xD

This change really needs to happen. It's so dull waiting for Gal and Oon to pop. And there's nothing worse than missing the kill because you had to get up to go to the bathroom or something. There is literally no reason not to make their respawn timer more reasonable. It's not like the drop chance is going to improve any anyways. Just a quality-of-life change for those of us who are determined to try our luck.

Imagine if you had to stand outside the ICC portal for like 2 hours just to zone in to try for Invincible every week. This is nonsense.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    Its once per week per *CHARACTER* not account. I think that's what he meant :P
    Yep, my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I would like to see the drop rates of ALL world boss mounts brought up to reasonable levels, a 1% baseline would be good (and not reduced by the chance to get nothing). That's the real problem, respawns are secondary. There is no reason for them to be this bloody rare, they're advertised in the raid journal for Heaven's sake.

While they're at it, they should also make the bonus roll/mounts interaction more consistent. MoP world bosses drop mounts from coin. Instanced bosses don't. Rukhmar doesn't either. People have to ask on Twitter for these things. Either make them all drop from coins, or remove that and increase the drop rate accordingly.

Sometime earlier this year there was a response on Twitter by a Blizz Dev to a tweet asking for shorter spawn timers, saying he thought they had already been reduced to 15 mins. Not exactly very reassuring when they don't even know what's going on. I'll see if I can find it later when I have time.

I've already submitted suggestions 2-3 times in-game for them to reduce the spawn timers. As people have stated, just about anybody and everybody kills them on spawn. I know I see most Oondasta spawns get pulled within 30 seconds by random bone farmers. It was quicker to farm MoP world bosses last expac than it is now. Nowadays you basically have to sit there and camp, wait for groups on premade-finder, or cross-realm hop hoping to find one up, killing it, and then just causing other people to be in your situation you were just in.

Quote Originally Posted by thraton View Post
    Sometime earlier this year there was a response on Twitter by a Blizz Dev to a tweet asking for shorter spawn timers, saying he thought they had already been reduced to 15 mins. Not exactly very reassuring when they don't even know what's going on. I'll see if I can find it later when I have time.

I've already submitted suggestions 2-3 times in-game for them to reduce the spawn timers. As people have stated, just about anybody and everybody kills them on spawn. I know I see most Oondasta spawns get pulled within 30 seconds by random bone farmers. It was quicker to farm MoP world bosses last expac than it is now. Nowadays you basically have to sit there and camp, wait for groups on premade-finder, or cross-realm hop hoping to find one up, killing it, and then just causing other people to be in your situation you were just in.
    That Tweet was my Tweet, and we Tweeted the Dev back saying that they weren't and he never replied :P

Deleted
    By the current state of galleon, I don´t even find it worth trying.
    Rarely a group up on groupfinder and once you get there, even with ssb portal, he´s dead.
    With 15 min spawn timer, I´d definitely go for it.

Simple solution to all rares now and for future farming - remove CRZ loot from rares. Suddenly it's a lot easier to get spawns when you're only dealing with your own realm. Each boss would be phased to a realm much like npc's are to players quest progress, so players can interact in the world but see their realms spawn/lack of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Simple solution to all rares now and for future farming - remove CRZ loot from rares. Suddenly it's a lot easier to get spawns when you're only dealing with your own realm. Each boss would be phased to a realm much like npc's are to players quest progress, so players can interact in the world but see their realms spawn/lack of it
    That won't change anything because whole Pandaria is CRZ'd. Realms don't have their own zones, they share it with many other realms of same type. For example, there are only 2 instances of Isle of Giants for all PvP realms in EU combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I read it he is basically saying put a phase bubble around all the rares (including world bosses) and when you pass through that bubble, you are on your own realms zone, not the cross realm zone. So you'd only be competing with your own realm players for the rares.

Things like poseidus, time-lost, gurubashi chest etc are a pain in the arse to get as 10-20 realms (or more, i dunno how many are cross realmed to each other) are competing for only one item/npc.

His solution would be like removing cross realm, but only for rares/specific things.