Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ride a big winged Drake to the top of the hill to use a damn kite to glide and don't support flying? Yeah... Nevermind logic.
    Why this forced "exploration" nonsense and being a ground bug for months again...
    I hate this logic, let players fly, whoever wants to stay on ground can stay on ground, they can pop a ground only mount.
    That's the real "choice" and it would look and feel so much logical compared to this dumb nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekha View Post
    That kite reads to me "no flying till patch 7.2".
    Just like feather did.
    There won't be flying until the very last content patch of Legion. How have you missed that by now? They said they liked the way flying worked out in WoD so they keep that system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    There won't be flying until the very last content patch of Legion. How have you missed that by now? They said they liked the way flying worked out in WoD so they keep that system.
    All I read was that they liked the system, not that it'll be the very last patch. Do you have a link to that, because I missed that indeed.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Nairesha View Post
    "Twitch Users" - so American, what about Hitbox users? Eh? Racists!
    As a non-american, I've never heard of "Hitbox". Twitch is #1 around here too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    As a non-american, I've never heard of "Hitbox". Twitch is #1 around here too.
    I still prefer Hitbox by far - Twitch was there first, but is subpar in technology and handling. They could do so much more if they got their game up.
    Hitbox grows like crazy though - best resemblance is iOS vs Android.

It has so many advantages over Twitch except user base - simply because Twitch was the lone hero back in the day (not saying that's a bad thing ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Drekha View Post
    All I read was that they liked the system, not that it'll be the very last patch. Do you have a link to that, because I missed that indeed.
    It's common sense. Legion is WoD 2.0. All the same people are in charge and they've patted themselves on the back and said they liked how WoD went. They liked how flying went. Everything will be the same. People expecting Legion to be a 180 are in for a shock. I think most people smartened up, left and won't be buying Legion till the reviews are out a few months after release. Everyone loved WoD the first couple weeks (those that could get past bugs and queues). It wasn't until a few weeks went by that people started seeing the no end game turd that it was. Be prepared for another turd.

oh! a fcking toy with fcking slow fall..

i hope blizz learned from the anti-flying desaster and bring the flying meta acm from the start on..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post

i hope blizz learned from the anti-flying desaster and bring the flying meta acm from the start on..
    Flying does not belong into current-expansion content. Once the expansion is set and done, you'll get flying, but until then, you'll stay on the ground.

Deleted

Devs seem to forget that skipping "content" by flying only tells one thing: that this "content" is not content at all, but a filler thing to waste your time. If something is content, like it is interesting / engaging, or it provides benefits which are good enough for the time investment, than people will not skip it.

If I as a game master / story teller in an RPG game, create a campaign, and then put only things in it, that my players want to skip entirely, because they came for a totally different sort of game, than it is my fault. I should know what my players want and design things accordingly.

Deleted

That sounds bad

I hope it is not true. I don't mind no flying in Legion during first half year up to year and enabling it slowly by allowing people to start farming for achievement (and maybe even some chain quest released in parts over year) from the day one of expansion. What I do mind is if they will decide to wait with flying untill end of expansion and release achievement/quest for it at the end of expansion. They need to make people travel and enjoy world while its fresh, not like in WoD when everyone is already tried and bored with it. The WoD way is the wrong way. Yet I feel that Blizz doesnt care so much, they are already used to the fact that people come and go many times during expansion, that they dont need to produce interesting content throughut whole exansion. Maybe its preparation for F2P, it will happen some day anyway, maybe after Legion when numbers of subs drop even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aernath View Post
    Ride a big winged Drake to the top of the hill to use a damn kite to glide and don't support flying? Yeah... Nevermind logic.
    Why this forced "exploration" nonsense and being a ground bug for months again...
    I hate this logic, let players fly, whoever wants to stay on ground can stay on ground, they can pop a ground only mount.
    That's the real "choice" and it would look and feel so much logical compared to this dumb nonsense.
    That was funny watching a flying mount waddle along the ground only to use a gimmick kite to slowly fall. That was absolutely sad to watch. LMAO

what anti flying disaster? there was no disaster, there was some very loud complaining that proved to be insignificant and irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    what anti flying disaster? there was no disaster, there was some very loud complaining that proved to be insignificant and irrelevant.
    Um...they changed their mind, and we're now flying in Draenor and they have said that this system will be brought into the next expansion instead of what they first intended, to do away with player flying entirely in current content.

I'd say the complaining proved to be both significant and relevant. Retards being against flying but sticking with a game that's had it for the majority of its lifespan and surely gathered many flying mounts themselves can go cry someplace else.

On the topic at hand though, I fail to see how this kite thing is equal to them going back to WoD ways...they've already stated that the flying meta will be in the game from the start, and they surely do not dare repeat WoD so...it's just a toy for those without engineering I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Flying does not belong into current-expansion content. Once the expansion is set and done, you'll get flying, but until then, you'll stay on the ground.
    Of course it belongs in current expansion content. It's been a thing in current-expansion content through several expansions, 3 of which were amazing. Using flying as a scapegoat for purely BAD content is a cheap shortcut and idiots believed them (and still do) when smart people are able to see that immersion and "skipping content" comes down to the quality of said content, not whether they allow flying or not.

The achievement will not be in at the start. Part of it will. So you get the joy of jumping through hoops to unlock your reward but they won't actually give you it till some time later. lol

"I felt the best designed class was rogue, mostly by virtue of how energy and combo points played together."

Haha what...

Also confirmed that I won't be buying Legion until the flight patch goes in, if at all.

10+ Year Old Account

You do know in WoD a SKILL 1 ENGINEER can make Goblin Kites that are usable by ANYONE? And that any lvl 100 with level 2 inn can get the Aviana feather for flight on a 10-min cooldown (that's WAY faster than actual flying mounts). Or that every expansion, barring Cata, you were unable to fly from the start of the expansion until you got at least one main to max level?

No, you don't care because you're a whiny, self-entitled player only worried about how much of an edge they can get over other players.

Pro-flyers will always be a loud minority when it comes to WoW.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Devs seem to forget that skipping "content" by flying only tells one thing: that this "content" is not content at all, but a filler thing to waste your time. If something is content, like it is interesting / engaging, or it provides benefits which are good enough for the time investment, than people will not skip it.

If I as a game master / story teller in an RPG game, create a campaign, and then put only things in it, that my players want to skip entirely, because they came for a totally different sort of game, than it is my fault. I should know what my players want and design things accordingly.
    If only there was a consensus among the several million players. What you want to skip, others want to do and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerofluff View Post
    Agreed, came here to say the same thing. What's the point of the Goblin Glider now? It wasn't like it was profitable to make them for non-Engineers as is, but now this?

Just because the Goblin Glider and such can still be used in old zones doesn't make it useful or relevant. But oh boy, you can glider down those stairs inside a raid.
    That's like, 75% of my Goblin Glider usage.

Teleport to Gadgetzan and it tries to drop you from 800 feet up? Goblin Glider.

Some mage tried to troll you with an ancient dalaran portal? Not today, buddy. Goblin Glider!

Don't want to have to deal with that long descent into Vezax's room in Ulduar! Goblin Glider that baby away in seconds.

Jumping down from Ryolith's plateau in firelands to clear the trash down below to summon Shannox? Why take the ramp? Jump across the lava and glide down with the glider.

The main problem with getting anywhere in WoD, and presumably in legion, was getting UP things, not down off of them. Most of the hills you ran into were safely jump-offable, but were too large to jump over and therefore required you take some ridiculously circuitous, mob-infested route to get around.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelric70 View Post
    If only there was a consensus among the several million players. What you want to skip, others want to do and vice versa.
    Well gee it's great that putting flying in the game in no way means every single player has to skip doing all ground content whatsoever, because thye can just get off their flying mount.

It's as if we humans have the ability to determine our own course of actions or something.

Holy crap, are we still having this argument after no flying failed in WoD?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-02-07 at 09:27 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    The achievement will not be in at the start. Part of it will. So you get the joy of jumping through hoops to unlock your reward but they won't actually give you it till some time later. lol
    The achievement may be in there, with portions unable to be completed until later on. Can pretty much plan on needing to finish each zone's quest completion achievement. Could live without treasure hunter, but it or something like it is pretty much guaranteed as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's like, 75% of my Goblin Glider usage.

Teleport to Gadgetzan and it tries to drop you from 800 feet up? Goblin Glider.

Some mage tried to troll you with an ancient dalaran portal? Not today, buddy. Goblin Glider!

Don't want to have to deal with that long descent into Vezax's room in Ulduar! Goblin Glider that baby away in seconds.

Jumping down from Ryolith's plateau in firelands to clear the trash down below to summon Shannox? Why take the ramp? Jump across the lava and glide down with the glider.

The main problem with getting anywhere in WoD, and presumedly n legion, was getting UP things, not down off of them.

Well gee it's great that putting flying in the game in no way means every single player has to skip doing all ground content whatsoever, because thye can just get off their flying mount.

It's as if we humans have the ability to determine our own course of actions or something.

Holy crap, are we still having this argument after no flying failed in WoD?
    Don't know what you're on about, I wasn't talking about flying. Quests, reps, dungeons, profs, raids, bgs, arenas. Pick one or more you hate and there will be thousands of players who love them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Aye, it was so irrelevant that their subs dropped by 50%