Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why is Queen Elizabeth so reserved

Compared to the other kings and queens of Europe, she is very reserved and doesn't speak and appear much in public. other kings and queens speak a lot on TV and appear 'normal'. They make documentaries and appear on the news. They look like normal people and speak like normal people. Queen Elizabeth doesn't. She doesn't show her true character. She doesn't even smile!

Does she think she's better than the other kings and queens of Europe?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pound View Post
    Compared to the other kings and queens of Europe, she is very reserved and doesn't speak and appear much in public. other kings and queens speak a lot on TV and appear 'normal'. They make documentaries and appear on the news. They look like normal people and speak like normal people. Queen Elizabeth doesn't. She doesn't show her true character. She doesn't even smile!

That's just downright silly of a thing to even say.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Might have something to do with her being 90 years old...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nah, she thinks she is a Queen and not a celebrity
    This.

OP, You mention that she doesn't appear in Public but that isn't true at all. She doesn't appear in the news and gossip mags, sure, but she still works tirelessly making appearances and diplomatic visits. Her entire life and every waking moment is dedicated to the country.... which is pretty intense for a 90 year old.

This is why I love the Queen

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...and-years.html
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2016-03-13 at 07:34 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

She probably does hold her station and its history in higher regard than other monarchs. She is also just a woman of a more civil, and civilized, age.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish she was more outspoken certainly, she's anti-EU and pro Brexit and wants us to have closer ties to the commonwealth nations and the USA (not under Obama or Hilary though I'm guessing). I think she realises the position she has and doesn't abuse it though, she could certainly have a massive amount of influence in the issues of out time if she wanted to. I think she's under the impression that a head of state shouldn't have anything to do with politics when it should be the other way round, Christian's have always had a massive influence on political matters and the decline of the west is because their influence has diminished. It is in fact the government that should have no influence in the Church.

Deleted

I can't speak for the difference between QEII and other contemporary monarchs, but I feel that her reserved nature is wholly deliberate. I say this as someone who doesn't agree with having a monarchy at all, but the Queen is the best kind of monarch we can hope for. She doesn't stick her nose into politics, she appreciates that having too much of an input would be offensive to democracy. You can see this by the recent Sun shenanigans where they claimed she was anti-EU, which was vehemently denied by her people. The only thing we're even close to certain of in terms of her political views are her opposition of the fox-hunting ban, and even that is indirect.

I think that her just generally keeping herself to herself and not acting like a celebrity is part of that, if she doesn't spray herself all over the TV then it's less likely that she's going to get goaded into intimating anything that undermines the token status of our monarchy. Like I say, I'm not a fan of the royals, but the Queen is the best someone like me can really hope for. I hope she sticks around for a long time, because old Charlie is already looking like he's going to go too far and cause some problems.

Asking why a British person is reserved......

That's like asking why they drink tea, it's just what we do.

10+ Year Old Account

She does smile and she does appear in public a lot.

It is true that she often doesn't say much, but considering we don't keep her around for her opinion, that is not a bad thing, in fact we don't want to know her opinion as that somewhat crosses the line as to what we find acceptable from a monarch - wave, smile, cut ribbons, wear silly hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    She does smile and she does appear in public a lot.

It is true that she often doesn't say much, but considering we don't keep her around for her opinion, that is not a bad thing, in fact we don't want to know her opinion as that somewhat crosses the line as to what we find acceptable from a monarch - wave, smile, cut ribbons, wear silly hats.
    you forgot about corgis.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's on tv more than she should be. Although saying that she shouldn't be on telly at all.

Isn't she like an old woman? I think they tend to be reserved in public.

Deleted

She's British. Deal with it.

In fact we don't want to know her opinion as that somewhat crosses the line as to what we find acceptable from a monarch - wave, smile, cut ribbons, wear silly hats.
    I think the majority of people in England have a huge amount of respect for the Queen, as much for who she is as a person and how hard she works for our country than anything else.

Though most of the other royals are idiots that people would happily ignore (including Charles) I genuinely think people would take the Queens opinion very seriously. She knows this well and purposefully doesn't exploit it though; that's why there was such a fast/strong denial of her opinion of the EU Brexit.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because she is a High ranking lizard alien!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    I wish she was more outspoken certainly, she's anti-EU and pro Brexit and wants us to have closer ties to the commonwealth nations and the USA (not under Obama or Hilary though I'm guessing). I think she realises the position she has and doesn't abuse it though, she could certainly have a massive amount of influence in the issues of out time if she wanted to. I think she's under the impression that a head of state shouldn't have anything to do with politics when it should be the other way round, Christian's have always had a massive influence on political matters and the decline of the west is because their influence has diminished. It is in fact the government that should have no influence in the Church.
    If your fantasy came to fruition England would be a republic within 20 years.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I think the majority of people in England have a huge amount of respect for the Queen, as much for who she is as a person and how hard she works for our country than anything else.

Though most of the other royals are idiots that people would happily ignore (including Charles) I genuinely think people would take the Queens opinion very seriously. She knows this well and purposefully doesn't exploit it though; that's why there was such a fast/strong denial of her opinion of the EU Brexit.
    She is not allowed to have a political opinion, at least not a public one. Part of the deal is that she keeps her trap shut, doing anything else would create a constitutional crisis and possibly lead to her removal as head of state.

One of the issues with Charles is that he has a habit of talking about political issues, which he will not be allowed to do if he becomes monarch and people do not trust him to keep his gob closed.

One of the issues with Charles is that he has a habit of talking about political issues, which he will not be allowed to do if he becomes monarch and people do not trust him to keep his gob closed.
    He can discuss them with his plants.

She is 90 years old, so her father gave her a proper upbringing of how a king/queen should behave, before everything got commercialized and everybody became celebrities.

I think she is awesome.