Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    According to your own logic, you and people like you brought about his success by criticizing him.
    Yeah, his success is a success for the Blues. Any of the other 3 may put up a fight in the general election. Trump will get crushed. There's a reason why people are saying he's a gift to the left.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    No True Scottsman
    If you saw my next post, you would see I mentioned how you can have multiple motivations at the same time. The key is getting to the most underlying one. Hence religion for abortion extremists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You didn't understand my argument then, so it doesn't seem likely you do now.

Streisand effect, while still present, is a minor factor for things that are already famous.

And criticism doesn't necessarily mean "people like me". The GOP field is not "people like me".
    You're still holding on to that failure of an argument and you clearly have no clue what the Streisand effect is.

To say Trump is a product of Social Justice Extremes is like suggesting a rapist is the product of too many women that dress sexy and flirt with you but don't "put out" on the first date.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump is the culmination of 30 years of GOP political maneuvering. He does little that Republicans before him haven't done, he just does it louder and better.
    He's pretty much taken all of their misdirection rhetoric and turned it into an ugly reality. Every piece of fake propaganda that the Republican party has used to distract the public from real issues has built up over time into one man who now thinks they're all true issues.

And now we have people who support a man who:

1. Wants to expand libel laws so that media can't say anything bad about him... which is pretty much what every single tyrant in the past has done, and directly goes against the first amendment.
    2. Wants to bring back torture, which is so unconstitutional it's odd that people even defend it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

You're still holding on to that failure of an argument and you clearly have no clue what the Streisand effect is.
    You clearly just want to bitch about me. My point stands. Trump is just a refined form of what the GOP has been doing to win elections for a long time now. A distilled version of the same rhetoric for the same base.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump is just a refined form of what the GOP has been doing to win elections for a long time now. A distilled version of the same rhetoric for the same base.
    I can tell you don't understand that your own point applies just as much to lefties that have gained popularity. Replace Trump with Anita, it's the same thing.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-03-15 at 01:22 AM.

You don't understand that your own point applies just as much to lefties that have gained popularity. Replace Trump in the sentence above with Anita.
    We've already covered this in another thread. If you want to continue to not understand the argument, do so in that thread.

Trump is just the GOP electoral strategy on steroids.

7+ Year Old Account
    We've already covered this in another thread. If you want to continue to not understand the argument, do so in that thread.
    Nah, you've made it very clear that you can't criticize lefties because the people who do that are responsible for their success.

Nah, you've made it very clear that you can't criticize lefties because the people who do that are responsible for their success.
    Do you want to discuss the actual claim made or do you wanna shit post.

You know that old physics saying

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

Trump is the opposite of the political culture for the past 8 years

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post

And the political culture of the last 8 years was the result of the homophobia, racism and sexism of the decades before it.

It doesn't seem to be an equal reaction though, it just seems to be getting worse. Just imagine the left reaction of a hypothetical post Trump presidency.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to point out the hypocrisy of your argument. Next time, don't open a can of worms that can be so easily used against you.

.....riiiiiiight.

Anyway, I think its pretty notable that the only thing until recently that other people in the GOP have been able to criticize Trump on is tone and "feasibility". They're all seeking the same base with the same appeals. They just aren't as good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I don't see any right wing so called Social Justice extremist looting and rioting, shutting down highways, going to opponents rallies and making a disturbance trying to silence someone's else right to free speech, chanting what do we want dead cops when do we want it now
    so please there is no comparison and foolish to think there is
    The problem there is that the police embody the right wing, and when they're routinely harassing, beating and killing minorities, what reaction did you expect? It's a strange sort of logic that apportions all of the blame to those with the least power. Americans are nearly 60 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist, so when Trump calls for barring Muslim refugees from the country to promote public safety, then the logical conclusion would be to start deporting police officers to Syria, Turkey and Lebanon.

Trump isn't the product of the extreme left, he's pandering to racist ideology on the extreme right, and he's profiting the oxymoronic GOP trope that political officials can't be trusted. And above all, he's exploiting a complicit media which would rather shower screen time on Trump's gaffes and incendiary behaviour than cover the issues and voting records of any of the serious people running for office. Why is it that every Presidential candidate in the race has a pet tax plan, yet no network has coverage on what the effect of that plan will be on household and government finances? I'll tell you why not: Because the media wants to turn political coverage into another run of Real Housewives.

And the political culture of the last 8 years was the result of the homophobia, racism and sexism of the decades before it.

It doesn't seem to be an equal reaction though, it just seems to be getting worse. Just imagine the left reaction of a hypothetical post Trump presidency.
    Its a pendulum wheeeeeeeeeeeee

- - - Updated - - -

Yea the only people that disagree with you are shit posters, great ideology dude

Yea the only people that disagree with you are shit posters, great ideology dude
    Not what I said, but I mean if you wanna qualify you're doing a good job.

10+ Year Old Account

That saying does not apply to everything. If I turn on my computer, it doesn't immediately shut itself off. Trumps success comes from people's imaginations. Uninformed people quack at how bad everything is in the US right now, despite that not being the case, and Trump plays right off of that. He is a puppetmaster.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2016-03-15 at 01:49 AM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

A part of me dies every time the 3rd law is invoked in any context where it clearly does not apply, like here, and like that thread about karma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account

It isn't getting worse. Peoples feelings and sensitivities have changed, hence microaggressions and safe spaces.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually pretty certain Trump is the child of George W. Bush and the Super Devil.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present