Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Only the god liquid Oil can produce jobs and a stable economy! Only Oil can save us! Stop looking at the fact that it was the warmest winter on record! OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL. The environment doesn't matter! Have babies! That way they can have babies! That won't have a world to live in, but fuck em long as I got mine. 80s generation the most entitled to ever exist. Nothing matters but us. The future be fucked! I want to litter, use racial slurs, drive inefficient cars, leave all the lights on, eat bacon at every meal, tell everyone how it is, and I want shit to be great for white people. Fuck the rest of you! Don't bow down before mother nature. Raise your right hand straight and salute Herr Trump! He loves immigrants when they are high paid sex workers that procreate for him!
    Haha! Best post in thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because being supportive of broader executive power means I must automatically support bad policy. Right.
    I think you're clever enough to come up with better arguments than intentional obtusity.

Strong executive powers bypass the checks and balances which were put in place to prevent a return to monarchy. The more they degrade, the further from democracy we get. If you want to move away from democracy you need to remember that the king you get is not likely to be the king you want.

My objection to Obama's executive orders are not the number, but the nature. They are far too broad and impactful, and I say the same for those made by any other president which are similarly so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I love this kind of post, because minimum wage back in the day could pay for your house, car, education but now it seems people are brainwashed into thinking it isn't supposed to be a living wage, you are seriously the kind of person killing this world.
    Please refer to the 5th line in the post you quoted.

The only statement I can give to people who choose to make a $10/hr job their professional climax is "live with your decision".

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    You have people who do their part, get an education at the cost of massive student loans and then end up having to work minimum wage because nothing is available. Stop pretending people can go out and get a better job, its not that easy.
    Oddly enough you've struck on yet another regressive consequence: no jobs for grads.

Would it surprise you to learn that the origin of a "degree" matters?

Tell me, why exactly should we employers hire people holding "degrees" from institutions that indoctrinate students with regressive agendas instead of teaching them the skills they need to be valued members of our organizations?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    That's a complete lie.

"No business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country." - FDR, on the NIRA and the FLSA, the first attempt at introducing a national minimum wage, and the actual law that managed to do it.

It was directly supposed to be a living wage.
    I know that places like Salon and Huff-N-Puff always spam that one segment since it paints a nice picture, but its a skewed context.

Fact of the matter is the rest goes on to direct that the minimum wage was not intended for someone to live upon their entire life, raise and support a family, and then retire on.

It was for people to sustain themselves, only themselves, and then grow.

The entire point of the legislation from that era was to fight the depression through exponential growth, not park ones ass at the lowest possible point and stay there.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    I know that places like Salon and Huff-N-Puff always spam that one segment since it paints a nice picture, but its a skewed context.

Fact of the matter is the rest goes on to direct that the minimum wage was not intended for someone to live upon their entire life, raise and support a family, and then retire on.

The entire point of the legislation from that era was to fight the depression through exponential growth, not park ones ass at the lowest possible point and stay there.
    Yeah, but it's still supposed to be a living wage. I never said it was supposed to be a good wage. As it stands now, it's not even enough for sustenance. It absolutely does need updating. Yeah, I agree, I'm never going to live off minimum wage because I'm not content with that. But I want people to have the opportunity to at least feed, house, clothe, and clean themselves if they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Obama comes to Illinois and fixes our state. Probably easier then a nation. THAT and, ppl like Orlong can stop qqing about him.

THANKS OBAMA!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Why concern ourselves with a fictitious future?

Half of today's voters don't even give a shit about the conditions of skyrocketing unpayable debt, race violence, lawless government, expanding Islamic terrorism, crumbling infrastructure, and epidemic joblessness that we're leaving for the next generation ...and all of those things are actually real.
    I doubt "half" don't care about these things. They do. They also can't do a lot about it. I'm not an economics expert and I can't create a bunch of jobs. What I can do, though, is reduce my carbon footprint as much as possible and urge others to do the same.

Why should I focus on something that somebody made up just to get votes, weaken their opponents, and redistribute tax dollars to cronies?
    Fictitious future? It's already here.

We're damaging our rivers and oceans, making them undrinkable and uninhabitable (for marine life). We've killed off thousands of species. We're leaving a thousand-year legacy of radioactive waste from our power plants. Our air is outright deadly in quite a few places on the planet.

Please refer to the 5th line in the post you quoted.

The only statement I can give to people who choose to make a $10/hr job their professional climax is "live with your decision".

Oddly enough you've struck on yet another regressive consequence: no jobs for grads.

Would it surprise you to learn that the origin of a "degree" matters?

Tell me, why exactly should we employers hire people holding "degrees" from institutions that indoctrinate students with regressive agendas instead of teaching them the skills they need to be valued members of our organizations?

- - - Updated - - -

It was also meant for corporations to grow and do the same. Not hire every person possible at the lowest possible wage and then expect them to get on government assistance programs. The law was enacted for both means. It wasn't meant to be used to take advantage of workers through a law and allow for business to use said law to maximize profit margins and exploit it by crying, "we pay you what is required." Now with the educational industry churning out grads at an alarming rate and paying them the least amount possible because fields are flooded its the same thing.

Either way, when enacted no one was expected that, that would be the only wage means for their entire lives, but it was also expected the business and corporate growth would play along and actually give raises, bring employees up through the ranks and that businesses would grow (which they have, business in the US has been on a constant profit to efficiency rise since that time). Which corporations did until the late 70s early 80s when trickle down came into play and the American wage began to flatline, while again profit to efficiency continued to grow at the top end. It was also put in place to stave corporate greed from hiring people at lower and lower wages because people were desperate for a job. Instead it just put in a base for what you can get away with paying folks, but are never required to pay them more, while profits continue to increase.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2016-03-15 at 09:33 PM.

I'm a bit aghast at people considering coal mines as a desirable kind of jobs.

(This is an example) Have you read, for instance, Germinal (or seen the movie) ¸

More seriously, I'm not sure why keystone excel is lumped with no drill. Surely, you must know that exporting canadian oil to the US (Keystone) means lowering the barrel price ?

Deleted
    As someone who doesn't really know what he's talking about when it comes to the environment, I can tell you don't either, Orlong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well because he is liberal scum. He will do anything for the left wing, and is extremely partisan. He touts that he wants to "work with the right" to come to bipartisan agreements, but he has NEVER shown that he has. Every time a bill comes across his desk, he vetoes it. Pretty nice track record of bipartisan there obama.
    He has always wanted to come to the table and talk with the right, and has on many, many, many occasions (namely the time where the republicans shut down the government because the Supreme Court found Obama care constitutional. Did we fucking forget how childish 95% of the GOP was, or are you experiencing media ADD again?) and has always been willing to sacrifice what he can to make a deal and make it legal.

From the very inception of Obama's cabinet, however, Republicans have done nothing but talk about not working with Obama and not working with Obama.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We're damaging our rivers and oceans, making them undrinkable and uninhabitable (for marine life). We've killed off thousands of species. We're leaving a thousand-year legacy of radioactive waste from our power plants. Our air is outright deadly in quite a few places on the planet.
    I'm sorry, clarification, the fictitious part is that it can all be solved by taxing the opposition and redistributing wealth to political corrected cronies.

Because behind all the AGW hysteria and rhetoric those the only two things that actually happen.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, clarification, the fictitious part is that it can all be solved by taxing the opposition and redistributing wealth to political corrected cronies.

Because behind all the AGW hysteria and rhetoric those the only two things that actually happen.
    I don't get why you're bringing that up at all when I never said anything of the sort. I just said that I support not drilling for environmental reasons. I gave no speech about redistributing wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Damn Obama looking out for the environment. It isn't like we need it to live or anything.
    hahahah really? you think you are going to be alive when it is actually un-livable?

10+ Year Old Account
    How awful, preserving our natural environment is Nazism these days.
    Extremism is the mantra of the left though, and most definitely the mantra of the environmentalist wackos who want to save the 3 eyed flying fish habitat.

Even from an economic standpoint, does it strike you that drilling with the barrel at 100$ is a different proposition than when it is at 40$ ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    hahahah really? you think you are going to be alive when it is actually un-livable?
    Cant drink the water in Flint Michigan, cant breathe the air in parts of China, cant drink the water in parts of Africa due to oil spills, etc.

Now when Obama whipped out his pen, did he swing it around and smack republicans with it?

I don't get why you're bringing that up at all when I never said anything of the sort. I just said that I support not drilling for environmental reasons. I gave no speech about redistributing wealth.
    Just adding my part to the conversation.
    MAGA

If he could just drill and chill...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    If he could just drill and chill...
    He whipped out his pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Drilling can be done with not much damage to the environment with modern technology
    Ummmm do you have any facts to backup this statement or is it another Orlong post that doesn't need facts.

Also tell that to BP and Exxon.

I think this music video is quite fitting for this thread
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-03-15 at 10:07 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD