Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Didn't you mean if Trump LOSES the GOP needs to reorganise/reform?
    Have you seen how hard the GOP has been attacking Turmp? Mainstream GOP are no friends of Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Have you seen how hard the GOP has been attacking Turmp? Establishment GOP are no friends of Trump.
    Fixed that for you, clearly hes in the main stream of the GOP... hes winning the primaries.

Have you seen how hard the GOP has been attacking Turmp? Mainstream GOP are no friends of Trump.
    Sure but he's taken more votes from their candidates I thought. He was in that first debate when he refused to state he would back any eventual winner if it wasn't him; so he has to have had *some* involvement right? Presumably if the Democrats win, the GOP will have to rethink their strategy...

It's cool if you meant what you said, thats fine, I was just confused as Caervek about your post thought it might have been a typo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, for all that he won the popular vote in four states, today was a loss for Trump - for the first time since Iowa, he's behind on where he needs to be in the delegate count in order to win the nomination outright and avoid a brokered convention. This is the opposite of how primary season normally goes; this is the part of the race where the frontrunner should be building their unstoppable delegate majority, but instead Trump (who has primarily benefited from a very divided field of opposition) has fallen behind - he still has plenty of chances to make it up, if he can keep his percentage of the now-shrunken field up.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Sure but he's taken more votes from their candidates I thought. He was in that first debate when he refused to state he would back any eventual winner if it wasn't him; so he has to have had *some* involvement right? Presumably if the Democrats win, the GOP will have to rethink their strategy...

It's cool if you meant what you said, thats fine, I was just confused as Caervek about your post thought it might have been a typo.
    The GOP can rethink their strategy all they want. They are no longer in control of their own party.

The GOP wanted to move more to the center in order to regain the independent vote but Trump and Cruz has drawn them further away then ever before, they can either break up the party and go their own way once more or be at the mercy of the 'Tea Party' and its like.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account

Didn't you mean if Trump LOSES the GOP needs to reorganise/reform?
    If Trump WINS the GOP needs to reorganize/reform.

If Trump LOSES the GOP needs to reorganize/reform.

If it rains tomorrow the GOP needs to reorganize/reform.

They are in an electoral dead end unable to attract significant numbers of new young voters while the older voters whom they currently depend on are dying off. The GOP itself said this in 2012 in their electoral autopsy following their Romney landslide loss. Their base then decided the better policy would be to double down on alienating anyone who wasn't a white anglo-saxon male. Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The GOP can rethink their strategy all they want. They are no longer in control of their own party.

The GOP wanted to move more to the center in order to regain the independent vote but Trump and Cruz has drawn them further away then ever before, they can either break up the party and go their own way once more or be at the mercy of the 'Tea Party' and its like.
    The problem is that even as the general public have trended left, the GOP base voter block has turned hard-right due to indoctrination by their media echo chamber. In turn that means the GOP establishment are finding it totally impossible to appeal to both their core voter base and moderate independents.

They are being destroyed by the very Frankenstein monster they have created and I find it nothing but hilarious. Hopefully the party will undergo a quick and fiery death so that something new can take its place that isn't run to benefit the 0.1% while using anger and hate of the other to drive voters to vote against their own economic interests.

Is there any kind of loophole in our constitution that would allow us to be president less for the next four years while the democrats and republicans get their shit together? Or maybe just mad max rules for the next four years?

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    Is there any kind of loophole in our constitution that would allow us to be president less for the next four years while the democrats and republicans get their shit together? Or maybe just mad max rules for the next four years?
    I would say the Democrats seem to have their shit together just fine.
    What makes you say they don't?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I would say the Democrats seem to have their shit together just fine.
    What makes you say they don't?
    Just both parties as a whole are beyond broken. We went from a civilised two party system to two rival frats who fucking hate each other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just both parties as a whole are beyond broken. We went from a civilised two party system to two rival frats who fucking hate each other.
    That likely is true. Isn't the US more polarized now than it ever has been before?

As in, you no longer disagree, but legit loathe the other party?

That likely is true. Isn't the US more polarized now than it ever has been before?

As in, you no longer disagree, but legit loathe the other party?
    It sure as hell seems that way. Most decisions our representatives aren't for the betterment of the people but for the betterment of the political party.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post

They are in an electoral dead end unable to attract significant numbers of new young voters while the older voters whom they currently depend on are dying off. The GOP itself said this in 2012 in their electoral autopsy following their Romney landslide loss. Their base then decided the better policy would be to double down on alienating anyone who wasn't a white anglo-saxon male. Go figure.
    The GOP need not worry, the DNC is busy pissing away the Youth vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account

Not really. If the Electoral College fails to select a President, it goes to the just-elected Vice-President. If there is no President or Vice-President chosen by the Electoral College, the election goes to the House. If the House fails to select a President, it goes to the Vice-President, who is chosen by the Senate. If the Senate cannot choose a Vice-President, it goes to the Speaker of the House. If the House cannot select a Speaker, it goes to President pro tempore of the Senate. If the Senate hasn't selected their President pro tempore, and it's a change of administration (and thus there are no Cabinet officials available for succession purposes)... it gets a little fuzzy and we probably have a Constitutional Crisis.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Trump predicts riots if denied Republican presidential nomination

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump, fresh off a string of election victories, said on Wednesday he was confident he would get enough delegates to win his party's nomination and warned of unrest if it were denied to him.

Trump, in an interview with CNN, said if he got a large number of delegates yet was denied the nomination: "I don't think you can say that we don't get it automatically. I think you'd have riots. I think you'd have riots. I'm representing many, many millions of people."
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN0WI1IF

All the more reason not to vote for this evil bastard in November. Congrats Dems, you just got another Libertarian switching over to your cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post

All the more reason not to vote for this evil bastard in November. Congrats Dems, you just got another Libertarian switching over to your cause.
    I think he means comedians will riot. Bastards want an easy job for 4 years... /sarcasm
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post

Have fun with Clinton. I am sure she will represent your libertarian views very nicely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have fun with Clinton. I am sure she will represent your libertarian views very nicely.
    Clinton will do little other then maintain the status quo for four years, many think that is better then lighting everything on fire and smearing feces on the walls.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Clinton will do little other then maintain the status quo for four years, many think that is better then lighting everything on fire and smearing feces on the walls.
    The Status Quo is a road to ruin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Insert "it's happening" meme here.

It will be glorious, I'm sure.