• Bystanders

4 6.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girrag View Post
    I'm Putin. Just joking.
    i'm stalin. welcome comrade putin!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    This is an American centric quiz. Most Europeans will be pegged as liberal in this test.
    It seems to think the furthest left a person can go is Liberal.

Young outsider though the "answers" do not line up with how I think on a lot of issues so...results are iffy at best in my case.

Example ...I believe in a strong military with a VERY good diplomacy core/group...that are not life long political leeches...like we have currently.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-03-16 at 05:01 PM.

A really terrible quiz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Honestly none of those.

Both the left and the right have many horrible aspects to them (Though these days the left is getting worse while the right is remaining the same), I guess I lean closer to right due to my stance on immigration and foreign policy, but I don't agree with everything, namely the right's obsession with 'safety' over personal freedom.

The last political test I did called me a Liberal Nationalist, but I'm not entirely sure if that's where I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    A really terrible quiz.
    I'm inclined to agree. The answer I got did fit me but it also painted me as more anti-government than I actually am. I'd actually lean to vote D before R but I hate both parties equally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of these questions are too black and white, like the one about blacks getting ahead, where I felt the answer was more in the middle and not what I clicked on, because I think there are cases where black people hold themselves back, and cases where racial discrimination is still in play.

Anyway I got: Solid Liberal
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    It seems to think the furthest left a person can go is Liberal.
    Seeing as in America we use "Progressive" and "Liberal" interchangeably (though the left is shying away from the progressive label) it isn't that far off. Europeans put too much into a definition of political ideology in my opinion, but maybe that is why we only have 2 prominent political parties in America...

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    A really terrible quiz.
    Again... American focused. Europeans won't find much use to this...

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Wish there was a "neither" option when neither option is remotely close. Lots of false dichotomies.
    You can carry on without answering the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are these and why is centrist not one of the choices?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Hard-Pressed Skeptics.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Way too binary, not even remotely accurate. Young Outsider, although I am more middle left/left.

Deleted
    So... you should have said that the quiz is american issues only.

As it stands, many questions don't fit with other parts in Europe. For example. I can say that the finnish government is generally efficient. However, the finnish government does things quite differently than the US for example, so my response will be interpreted from the US perspective.

I was put as Next Generation Left but I disagree as I am fully against Wall Street for example. The Hard Pressed Skeptics fit me much better from the description and in how most people voted on those things I truly cared about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    What are these and why is centrist not one of the choices?
    Young Outsiders, and Bystanders seem to be the centrists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Way too binary, not even remotely accurate. Young Outsider, although I am more middle left/left.
    That's probably correct then. The Young Outsider group doesn't mean "right leaning" it means middle, but lean left/right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to go through the quiz. I think I'm a bit of everything and a lot of nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    ah, that's helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    So... you should have said that the quiz is american issues only.

As it stands, many questions don't fit with other parts in Europe. For example. I can say that the finnish government is generally efficient. However, the finnish government does things quite differently than the US for example, so my response will be interpreted from the US perspective.

I was put as Next Generation Left but I disagree as I am fully against Wall Street for example. The Hard Pressed Skeptics fit me much better from the description and in how most people voted on those things I truly cared about.
    Yeah the quiz makes no sense from anything other than an American perspective.

Same as all kinds of political quizzes, tests and labels really. You can't mix Europe and US.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Again... American focused. Europeans won't find much use to this...
    The quiz is terrible because of the potential answers provided, not because of my nationality or region.

For example, the very first question (although plenty of others were just as bad); Government regulation may do more harm than good, but it may also be necessary to protect the public interest. One can hold both views simultaneously without contradiction. Which statement comes closer to my view? What if I hold both? What if I hold neither?

Solid Liberal.

I don't think it's wildly off the mark, but I do have issues with the entire quiz. There were a lot of questions where I didn't feel that either answer adequately represented my position. Likewise, boiling down every policy position to one of two extremes is likely to encourage extreme results. The only way to be "moderate" on a quiz like this is to be extreme in different directions. That may be one definition of a moderate, but it's certainly not all-encompassing and you're going to squeeze people with legitimately middle-of-the-road opinions into a category that fits them poorly.

Mildly off-topic rant: I've given a lot of thought to my philosophical ideology recently. I don't think words like liberal or conservative, Republican or Democrat describe it properly. I would describe my underlying ideology as (rule) utilitarian -- I want to do as much good and as little harm as possible in any given situation. That doesn't mean that I am unwilling to accept that my politics will sometimes result in some kind of harm to some people, only that I believe the harm is outweighed by the good. (Or in the case of a situation with nothing but shitty choices, that it's the one that does the least harm. Kind of like how I feel about the leading candidates in this election...)

That's not to say there aren't other things going on. I struggle with the "can four people decide to kill and eat a fifth against his will if it will save them" kind of question where strict adherence to utilitarianism would say it's an easy answer. I also find myself restrained somewhat by a respect for Kant's concept of categorical imperatives; the idea that you shouldn't engage in a behavior if you wouldn't be comfortable with the possibility that everybody engage in that same behavior. But I would say at my core I start with utilitarianism and move from there: How much does this help, and how much does it hurt?
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    White, racist and pissed off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Did it again while doing that, got same result. Seems that even if I think companies have too much power and their power should be restricted the quiz still thinks I'm pro Wall Street.