Poll: Horde: Could you accept a Human as your faction leader? Alliance: Orc?

10+ Year Old Account

Horde: Could you accept a Human as your faction leader?

Same question goes for Alliance: Could you accept an Orc as your faction leader?

Discuss.

Ie: Thrall defects to the Alliance (he used to pretty much be a part of the alliance anyway), he is seen as a great motivator and leader and becomes king.

or for horde, Varian defects, becomes warchief of the horde.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2016-03-16 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Same question goes for Alliance: Could you accept an Orc as your faction leader?

Discuss.
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: HELL FUCKING NO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, unless said human is part of the Horde for a long time.

Like, if Thrall raised a human girl, and she proved to be the most capable leader, with knowledge about all the Zug-Zugs and how Time = Money, then yes, I would accept that leader. For her humanity would be just her mortal carcass - it's the Orc inside that counts!

Deleted
    Votes right now:
    1 - 0 - 0 - 1

Conclusion:
    Everyone wants Orc faction leaders.
    Orcs > Humans
    Horde > Alliance

Where can I pick up my Nobel Prize?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: HELL FUCKING NO.
    Are you one of those who couldn't accept Loki as the King of Asgard?
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2016-03-16 at 11:15 PM. Reason: mispelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Are you one of those who couldn't accept Lowkii as the King of Asgard?
    Loki is a psychopath, his race has nothing to do with it...

As for the question in the OP, no, not under these circumstances. "derp I defected, say, can I be your king?" doesn't work... I'd be far more willing to accept a Blood Elf as a faction leader for the Alliance than an Orc, since the High Elves were at least once a major part of the Alliance.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-03-16 at 11:31 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I could. Because I want the game to have meaningful story decisions and changes. We don't see anything change now due to the players whining faction bias.

Depends on the human. He'd have to be some serious Robert E Howard type barbarian king all covered in hides and war paint and scars and the blood of his enemies with an axe the size of a Buick and a scantily clad wench clinging to either leg whenever he tries to walk anywhere. Not Varian.

Deleted
    Alliance: Yes but only a Hellscream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, wouldn't make sense, unless factions become nothing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Since I doubt they will shift the roles of the races within the alliance, the faction leader is usually the head of state of stormwind. And because stormwind is a kingdom and the throne is hereditary by divine right (at least the sole reason irl) any other race suddenly becoming king would suck.

At the same time I always thought it would be smart to have ambassadors of the alliance in stormwind city (since humans racial has been diplomacy since like forever) and different races leading different war campaigns when they make sense: a changing or multiple supreme allied commanders chosen by the faction leaders before certain conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post

Like, if Thrall raised a human girl, and she proved to be the most capable leader, with knowledge about all the Zug-Zugs and how Time = Money, then yes, I would accept that leader. For her humanity would be just her mortal carcass - it's the Orc inside that counts!
    LOL, with knowledge about all the Zug-Zugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the Forsaken cured undeath, Sylvanas ran off to live her life in Quel'Thelas again, and nominated Nathanos Blightcaller to rule in her stead? There are scenarios where I would consider a human leader.

It depends on who the human would be. Someone like Garithos, i would torture him , humiliate him, and make sure he suffers for a very long time before he gets permission for the blessful death.

Someone like tirion however, yes i would accept him.

Deleted

what she has a little goblin in her

Honestly the race does not factor in it.

If the leader is loyal to his faction and capable of performing the job, i don't care even if he is a murloc.

Competence, skill and loyalty is FAR more important than some random fact of birth, like skin color or number of toes.

Deleted
    As long as they keep promoting faction war because of pvp, this will never happen.

My character would accept someone like pre-MoP Jaina or Khadgar as a leader, but only because she's a mage, and they have been / are an exception to the rule. But as a BE, she is not very fond of humans at all (you know who was responsible for the whole ordeal when BE were forced to leave the Alliance...), especially after Jaina turned crazy.

So: I would possibly accept a human who clearly belongs to a neutral faction like the Argentum Crusade (or, for that matters, a NE from the Cenarion Circle), but not as a permanent leader of the Horde, but as temporary leader in a special case (like we have had in WotLK or in Cata or in WoD with Khadgar who was neutral in spite of Kirin Tor breaking their neutrality).

On the other side, an Orc leading the Alliance would not work, not even with Thrall. I could only imagine a High Elf with strong BE connections to step into that role, trying to re-connect the factions with these ties. But High Elves are not BE, so... nope.

and the fan art would be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

There is only one human I think could have ever had any shot at having a leadership role in the Horde. Back when Varian was Lo'gosh. If he had somehow joined a warband and committed heroic deeds on the battlefield. Maybe he might have eventually proved himself to the orcs. (highly unlikely even then)

Alliance player here.

I suppose I could accept either if the reasoning for it were right, but as someone who is sick of the "Orcs & Humans" theme, I'd rather see the other races get some more time in the spotlight. I'm kind of glad we've seen characters like Vol'jin and Sylvanas get the Warchief role.

Also, I'd say it'd be pretty lore breaking for an Orc to lead the Alliance or Human to lead the Horde. Even if Thrall himself appointed someone like Varian as Warchief, there's no way the rest of the Horde would go along with that.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-03-17 at 02:40 PM.