Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Enough of this bickering. Play nice.

I actually quite enjoy hots. Fast paced, team based, and an entry level moba. Skins and characters are cool and recognizeable from other universes too which is a plus. I like the mounts and the maps & their mechanics too.

My main problem is that I havent been able to smoothly play it since technical alpha & beta due to how their latency/fps works. My computer is well within the specs to run HoTS properly from my end, but I will never be able to play it w/o dsc and terrible FPS because my computer is "too far away from their servers". I SERIOUSLY hope Overwatch wont work like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's the thing, I like a lot of things about HotS. I like the faster pace (of the game, not necessarily the gameplay), the focus on fighting enemy players, the lack of crap like "last hitting" and porting back to base to buy things. So on and so forth.

It's just a shame it sometimes it feels like the baby got thrown out with the bathwater in the course of the removal of some of the obnoxious MOBA elements.
    Wait, you mean other mobas are worse?

Christ almighty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Slow pace.
    lol wut?! You've never played another MOBA right? HOTS is the fastest one out there, maybe Smite would feel faster due to it's style but games last as much as HOTS and sometimes more.

No last hits. No gold. No individual xp\responsability.
    Thank God we don't have another LoL! Those mechanics suck and make the community way more toxic.

No items.
    Talents work the same way and you pick them right at level change, no boring need to go to a lame store.

Matchmaking is horrible.
    Ok i'll give you that ...it still has improved though.

Soaking XP for 'team' is probably the worse concept ever in a MOBA game aswell.
    That's your very personal perception. I actually enjoy helping my team with level gains which makes us stronger and with the recent heroes Xul and Li-ming, it becomes very important to have level lead.

So yea, they decided to make the most basic, simple and casual MOBA they could, to cater to a certain player base, and it 'works' for that, but it's seriously a bad game as it is now.
    Again, that's your perception. Maybe your train of thought is too basic to adapt to a game different than the others?

Even though the game has the inherent toxicity associated to the anonymity of the internet, it's the best community of all MOBAs i've seen. As any other game, it has it's problems, and IMO, they are the still evolving Matchmaker and the lack of an actual ladder system with proper ranks and seasons which goes back to the same Matchmaker problem.

It feels like it's still in Beta ...maybe they should've opened the beta later and let it go until they had a proper ranked season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Of course I am, I haven't made any commitment to those people and I don't owe them anything. If they died mid game i'd feel nothing and never know.

Theres no irony. I want the battle pet, I think hots is shit and the incentives are all aligned for me to make the game worse for 9 strangers.

The only real difference between me and the thousands of other players doing what I am doing is that I am telling you about it. Blame blizzards poor cross promotional game design model.
    You have a pretty terrible attitude. Heck, I do not like League of Legends personally, but at least I try to make the best of it when I decide to play it with a friend of mine every once in a while. If you're not playing by trying to have fun, then why do you even bother? You can AFK in AI games and soak XP if you hate the game so much. It's less time consuming and you can get your pet no problem. Your utter refusal to pick an option that is better suited for your goals is completely nonsensical and you are deliberately ruining the experience of other people who do enjoy the game for your own selfish needs.

The fault is 100% on you in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    Lol people saying the pricing is worse than hearthstone...you gain in game currency FAR faster in HotS than in Hearthstone. That being said, yes I feel that characters are on the expensive side.
    Pretty much. The people who make the argument that Hearthstone is cheaper than Heroes of the Storm have not played both games.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-03-17 at 10:10 PM.

Seeing this argument again that heroes in HotS cost too much in game gold in comparison to LoL. Getting sick and tired of refuting it. Remember that LoL requires you to buy expensive as shit runes with your IP which means months of game time earnings don't even go to buying champs. And we have already done the math somewhere; HotS is significantly better in terms of being able to buy heroes with in-game currency. People forget dailies, special promotions, lvl 5 and 9 bonus gold, 1-40 PL bonus gold, the only thing to spend gold on is heroes, etc. So please can we stop with this, it's just not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

15+ Year Old Account
    Aside from the current balance problems. The only problem with this game is the vast amount of dicks and AFKers.

Yeah, fk you if you're one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I blamed blizzard for providing a shit incentive structure.

Its hardly my fault that the best rational strategy to get the current top cleave battle pet for WOW is to semi afk my way through HotS pvp games is it!
    Yeah, I actually blame you for your choices and actions. You can pretend you're not accountable all you want, but your behavior is quite clearly your responsibility. Refusing to accept that you're accountable for your behavior and choices is just disgustingly immature and repulsive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Seeing this argument again that heroes in HotS cost too much in game gold in comparison to LoL. Getting sick and tired of refuting it. Remember that LoL requires you to buy expensive as shit runes with your IP which means months of game time earnings don't even go to buying champs. And we have already done the math somewhere; HotS is significantly better in terms of being able to buy heroes with in-game currency. People forget dailies, special promotions, lvl 5 and 9 bonus gold, 1-40 PL bonus gold, the only thing to spend gold on is heroes, etc. So please can we stop with this, it's just not true.
    It was time and time again math-proven (reddit) that in long term (months) you can buy champs faster than in Hots. Only downside is rune system, true - one of reasons LoL is not my "main moba". But.. it really doesn't take long to get optimal rune setup for 2 of your favourite roles.

Oh and 10$ per hero is just absolutely disgusting. There is just no excuse for such cash grab.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    Lol people saying the pricing is worse than hearthstone...you gain in game currency FAR faster in HotS than in Hearthstone. That being said, yes I feel that characters are on the expensive side.
    People are comparing it to other mobas, not a card game............

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WyvernVin View Post
    lol wut?! You've never played another MOBA right? HOTS is the fastest one out there, maybe Smite would feel faster due to it's style but games last as much as HOTS and sometimes more.

Thank God we don't have another LoL! Those mechanics suck and make the community way more toxic.

Talents work the same way and you pick them right at level change, no boring need to go to a lame store.

Ok i'll give you that ...it still has improved though.

That's your very personal perception. I actually enjoy helping my team with level gains which makes us stronger and with the recent heroes Xul and Li-ming, it becomes very important to have level lead.

Again, that's your perception. Maybe your train of thought is too basic to adapt to a game different than the others?

Even though the game has the inherent toxicity associated to the anonymity of the internet, it's the best community of all MOBAs i've seen. As any other game, it has it's problems, and IMO, they are the still evolving Matchmaker and the lack of an actual ladder system with proper ranks and seasons which goes back to the same Matchmaker problem.

It feels like it's still in Beta ...maybe they should've opened the beta later and let it go until they had a proper ranked season.
    Just to get this out of the way.

If you are really serious about a game genre you dont pick the game according to how the community acts at the very bottom of the ladders. A bigger community(lol has the largest) will have a bigger voice.

Hots has some serious issues compared to the other Moba's and its basicly surviving on being a blizzard product.

It offers nothing that other Moba's dont have only better, except blizzard skins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yeah, I actually blame you for your choices and actions.
    In what way? My choices and actions benefit me. Its like blaming me for winning the lottery or something. "But but you should be working hard and saving because playing the lottery is wrong and doesn't work" - "why are you saying this? I won."

You can pretend you're not accountable all you want, but your behavior is quite clearly your responsibility.
    ...and it benefits me to play semi afk because of blizzards poor design. Theres no one to be accountable to other than myself, and I am fine with it.

Refusing to accept that you're accountable for your behavior and choices is just disgustingly immature and repulsive.
    Ofc I am accountable. To myself - and my behaviour works to get me what i want because the game is badly designed.

That's the problem. The best way for me to play to get what i want is actually to put zero effort in. Thats purely on blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Oh and 10$ per hero is just absolutely disgusting. There is just no excuse for such cash grab.
    Don't buy them with money then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    It was time and time again math-proven (reddit) that in long term (months) you can buy champs faster than in Hots. Only downside is rune system, true - one of reasons LoL is not my "main moba". But.. it really doesn't take long to get optimal rune setup for 2 of your favourite roles.

And time and time again it was shown how wrong and outdated that math is. The one everyone points to is one that came out right after release that misses multiple additional sources of gold that now exist. It also doesn't take into account the 20k IP hole you dig yourself with runes in LoL.

Real money is something I care nothing about for pricing so that is expensive but I really don't care much about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    And time and time again it was shown how wrong and outdated that math is. The one everyone points to is one that came out right after release that misses multiple additional sources of gold that now exist. It also doesn't take into account the 20k IP hole you dig yourself with runes in LoL.

Real money is something I care nothing about for pricing so that is expensive but I really don't care much about it.
    You can buy very cheap good runes in LoL now they made sure of that.

Hots takes forever to get even a low cost champions. Sorry to burst your bubble

Edit:

I guess you wherent really looking for the truth but just some made up thing about how hots isnt as bad as everyone says

Many ppl with not like what ill say, but MOBAs are for casuals, it blows my mind when i read it takes skills. Back to the old days when dota for WC3 was created, those who played dota all day where those WC3 players that where shit, incapable of controlling army while doing other things. That said, i thinks mobas are just teamplay for casuals and fun games.

So, imo, HotS its awesome, pretty quick and fun games, with fresh ideas and heroes we all love. Aint a hard game, but i find it rly fun to play and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You can buy very cheap good runes in LoL now they made sure of that.

Edit:

I guess you wherent really looking for the truth but just some made up thing about how hots isnt as bad as everyone says
    I see, you're not even attempting to argue honestly, that's cool. 2-4K heroes are dirt cheap, nothing you say could ever change that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    I see, you're not even attempting to argue honestly, that's cool. 2-4K heroes are dirt cheap, nothing you say could ever change that...
    I am honest. 2-4k is a lot more then the other moba's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwhisper View Post
    Many ppl with not like what ill say, but MOBAs are for casuals, it blows my mind when i read it takes skills. Back to the old days when dota for WC3 was created, those who played dota all day where those WC3 players that where shit, incapable of controlling army while doing other things. That said, i thinks mobas are just teamplay for casuals and fun games.

So, imo, HotS its awesome, pretty quick and fun games, with fresh ideas and heroes we all love. Aint a hard game, but i find it rly fun to play and relax.
    You dont know what skill is if you say that tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Don't buy them with money then.
    Right? Even if I only play enough to complete my dailies, I generally have enough to buy a new hero on release day at 15k gold. And for that, you only need to play once every 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I did some rough math. You get an average of 444 gold per day if you play exactly enough games (average is 3.5) to do your daily quest every day and nothing more than that. That's 5 days for a 2k hero, 9 for a 4k hero. And that's if you play absolutely no games outside of that. In a week, that's 3.1k gold. Now, if you're just starting out you'll want to get the entire rotation of heroes to level 5 to provide that extra boost of gold. That's another 5k every week for the first few weeks before you get hero repeats (and I also didn't include the regular match gold in this since it varies greatly from person to person how long it'll get to get heroes to 5, so the total gold amount will be higher than my estimates). So, for the first two or three weeks of play you'll get more than 8000 gold per week. And of course you get the stimpack at level 10 that significantly boosts your gold income from matches.

In short? During your first week of playing you'll be able to buy 2-4 heroes alone, depending on how you distribute your purchases between the 2k and 4k heroes. So no, getting started does not take forever. Getting every hero in the game? That'll take some doing. But this is a F2P game, and it has been known as such for years. So deal with it. Getting a solid roster to get into HL will only take you a month tops, and even shorter if you're actually dedicated to the game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play MOBAs, so I don't understand half of what this video is talking about (I found it hilarious though),

but I think it's pretty clear what's wrong.

Team XP in PUG games ... allowing one moron to doom the whole team (just like in raids; guess what, design philosophies aren't always transferable and in this case the said design isn't even that good in MMORPGs) ... ya, Blizzard really didn't think this through.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...