Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    what do you mean by that? You can land it under target O_o or you want it cast ON target? well... for pvp you have talent wich spawn dnd under up 3 enemies...
    Or it's too much for you pressing button 3 times? (i remember how paladins cry about telepirting to sword that "it have too many presses!!!111oneoneone")
    I don't like clicking the ground. Just a personal preference. I understand the advantages, but would like to have other options. For example, DnD lands under my current target, hostile or friendly.

Just a "On shift held" option for self dnd placement wouldn't be bad. QoL change.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...46119293923336

I dont even know what to make of this.

If Soulgorge is the answer to making the spec complex and compelling to play. Im simply astounded and frightened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

If Soulgorge is the answer to making the spec complex and compelling to play. Im simply astounded and frightened.
    Well, talents definitely are the place to make our gameplay more complex. And you can't argue that if you pick Soulgorge on AoE keeping up with everything becomes a lot more complex, however not in a way that's enjoyable in the slightest.

• Blood Death Knight – Revision to several traits.
    • Blood Death Knight – Tweaks to the core combat abilities, including Death and Decay cooldown reduced, and Blood Strike applying a snare.

Can't wait for build notes. Hope we got some good changes.

lol dat 25% leech

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

Now if only Soulgorge did not replace blood boil... XD, but that would make it 100% pick in that tier row...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeoshades View Post
    Now if only Soulgorge did not replace blood boil... XD, but that would make it 100% pick in that tier row...
    Does it still replace it? The Talent-Calc on here doesn't show that.

Deleted
    "Replaces Bloodboil." was removed from the tooltip, but "Replaces Bloodstrike." was also removed from Heartstrike. So either neither of them replaces the old ones anymore or the tooltips just don't show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    "Replaces Bloodboil." was removed from the tooltip, but "Replaces Bloodstrike." was also removed from Heartstrike. So either neither of them replaces the old ones anymore or the tooltips just don't show it.
    They still replace them they are just baked into a different part of the description

Sigh... I was optimistic about Legion, but now it just seems like Trox was right and there's no point in being hopeful. To "fix" healing they ruin tanking. gg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpire View Post
    lol dat 25% leech
    That's... interesting? "After you hit with your strongest attack, all the weak ones that follow will heal you a bit"

Apart from that, did anything really change besides the slow on BS and the reduced cd on DnD?

Deleted
    guess consumption is no longer a lay on hands

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just dont know what went through their heads. You dont really want Leech, after you heal yourself with Death Strike and put an absorb on yourself. Then, that Blood Sheild absorb, lasts how many seconds? The next hit and its gone so is the effect.

Unending Thirst - maybe the only part of the spec that wasnt braindead boring, it was gutted.

Yeah awesome.

I have no faith in this anymore. I have absolutely no faith in Blizzard making Blood DK (or many other tanks for that matter) compelling and exciting to play.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2016-03-18 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted
    So, this was a pretty disappointing patch. :|
    Last edited by mmocd83042b656; 2016-03-18 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyvi View Post
    So, this was a pretty disappointing patch. :|
    I understand their reasoning for changing abilities based on health, since they would effectively scale a lot better than any other ability, and while "losing" Consume Vitality like that is sad, it's a reasonable change.
    Lowering DS from 6s to 5 was a good change. While 4s would encourage better DS timing even more, at least the timing is not a multiple of boss swing timers anymore, which in itself is a far bigger change than going from 5 to 4 would be, so I'm happy with that.
    Consumption in it's previous iteration was in the weird spot of being an extremely strong survival tool while also dealing a ton of damage, and it filled the exact same role as DS (since it's basically DS on steroids anyway). Changing it to something else makes sense. However, the new version does almost exactly the same thing, so there's nothing gained. I'd rather they redesigned that ability completely, like they did for Unholy.

What's weird to me is that they explicitly ask for feedback on the class in the alpha forums, but don't seem to react to the majority of issues that are being brought forward there.
    Especially worrying is that if they do address them it's mostly a slap in the face (No movement? well here's a 2s sprint on a 2min cd during which you can't do anything. No snares? have a 3s 30%snare on a melee ability.) That really makes it feel like someone in charge of these changes hates DKs with a passion.

What I hope the reason for that is is that they're focusing on other classes first, and until they get to DKs they just address the most pressing issues by giving us basically something completely undertuned so that no issues can possibly arise from these changes. If that's the case however, they're doing a terrible job of communicating that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFish View Post
    I understand their reasoning for changing abilities based on health, since they would effectively scale a lot better than any other ability, and while "losing" Consume Vitality like that is sad, it's a reasonable change.
    It's just weird how it is handled. They have no issue iterating slowly and cautiously on things like mobility or snares but if something like CV or Consumption etc turns out to be too powerful, instead of toning down coefficients they redesign them completely. How does that make sense?

I also edited in some math for CV power:

At lvl 100 it's worth 9.7% of our max health which is pretty good (less if you include the lost RP from Blood Strike though).
    At lvl 110 it's worth 6.8% of our max health, 4.2% if you factor in the -10 RP lost from not using Blood Strikes instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyvi View Post
    It's just weird how it is handled. They have no issue iterating slowly and cautiously on things like mobility or snares but if something like CV or Consumption etc turns out to be too powerful, instead of toning down coefficients they redesign them completely. How does that make sense?
    To be fair, this change did affect all tank abilities that scaled with your HP, this isn't a DK-only change. Basically, all abilities that scaled with you max HP now scale with your AP instead. Blood Plague and CV just so happen to fall into that category. I just wish they could have found a way to keep this HP scaling for CV, since it fits the Blood DK theme very well.

Still not sure why blood even needs an auto-applied snare in PVE. The last time I cared about snaring anything as a tank was in TBC dungeons when mobs would flee, and I can't ever recall needing to kite a mob as a tank. In fact its usually the opposite and we need to move a target to another spot ASAP.

Deleted
    CMs, various adds and such is why you want to be able to snare. It doesn't come up too much in pure raiding (though then again there was Tortos, Siegecrafter or Garrosh for AoE kiting tho the latter was best done by Brewmasters anyway) but it does come up, especially targeted and ranged AoE like CoI on Archimonde orbs/adds.

But yeah, it is mostly CMs and secondary adds on boss encounters that you want to be able to control. Snares is just one part, stuns or other CCs the other.

Does it have to auto applied? No, I don't see the point. CoI + Chilblains was pretty much perfect in that regard. Targeted, deliberate and at the cost of survival.