Poll: How much would you pay for the token?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Buy now even if the price is high, because when the time for the expac arrives, or its near, lets say 2 months before, the prizes will be more than 100k.Im sure for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I am, bitching that the US token has gone up to almost 40k...

My recommendation, start SELLING tokens right now. When Legion comes, the price will plummet again (more people playing and such), and you'll be able to buy more tokens than what you sold.

I did this when they first introduced them. US prices were 30-40k at release, and I sold a buttload of tokens. Then the price dipped down to around 15-20k, and I was able to buy enough tokens to last me for ages.

If I still actually played, I would probably do this again.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2016-03-18 at 12:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    The spike coincided with the Hearthstone Liadrin Hero being announced as obtainable, so I'd assume more people buying a months sub for her.

Well atm gametoken is about 84k which is way too much. Soon Ill be buying gametime from friend, same way i did it for years. Hell I would gladly give 160k for 2 months to friend that can purchase gametime as a gift cheaper than it cost to buy it as a gametoken.

None of these options fit me. My response would be, I will never spend gold on game time, becasue there is no way in hell I would ever have enough gold to afford it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    The spike coincided with the Hearthstone Liadrin Hero being announced as obtainable, so I'd assume more people buying a months sub for her.
    you can get her with trial account

Deleted
    20k is the maximum I am willing to pay, I am never going to waste 90 000 gold for 30 days of game time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pallamouna View Post
    Buy now even if the price is high, because when the time for the expac arrives, or its near, lets say 2 months before, the prizes will be more than 100k.Im sure for that.
    But shortly after the release of Legion the prices will go down by a lot. Simply because of players spending their gold on new overpriced items/crafting materials which causes general player wealth to go down by a huge margin. Besides that more players will offer tokens for gold because they want to be able to quickly buy these items causing the value of tokens to drop even more.

In the end it will really pay out to be patient. Also prices won't go up until the general population reaches max level and finds ways to earn gold.
    Last edited by Shuji V2; 2016-03-18 at 01:07 PM.

The main reason is less and less people are willing to spend real money on this game.

When the game is good, people are willing to pay real cash and keep the gold just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Why is it so high??
    because there is literaly nothing to spend gold on besides wow tokens - supply & demand simple as that

Last night on US server someone was complaining that token was 40k, which is a lot, I think the last token I got was 26k, but holy hell 80k??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Yea when the tokens were introduces I was still a student, so a 12e was not that small amount. But now that I work, I'm asking myself, why wouldn't I give that tiny % of my salary for the game that I enjoy (maybe enjoy is a hard word, but you catch my drift).
    As a student you couldn't spare 13 euros a month? You seriously coudn't drink 5-7 beers less a month?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    you can get her with trial account
    Yeah, but some people may just resub their account rather than bother with a new one (though i guess they could veteran their account).

The price went from around a 75-76k high up to an 84k high almost literally overnight.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was in the EU.. I would be able to just sell 10 tokens and not even touch my garrison hahaha. holy crap!
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    If it had been the promo, prices would come down again.
    EU always has these sudden increases and after that it always stays on that level.

Very weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Why is it so high??
    Not enough supply.

I'm happy the prices are so high, I occasionally sell a token.

Deleted
    Yeah, prices are quite high. For me it just means I'll mix them in with normal paid subscription instead of just the tokens.

I expect a slight dip just before Legion hits when more people come back. After that it'll stabilize at levels befitting Legion gold income.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because there is literaly nothing to spend gold on besides wow tokens - supply & demand simple as that
    Yet on US realm price is 2x lower....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I'm expecting token price to go drastically down when Legion releases. There will be no garrison gold mine and people will be buying mats and gear from AH with lots of gold.

Good thing I packed myself with tokens up to August (hopefully Legion will be out earlier than September)
    Can blizzard really afford to decrease gold income?

Imagine if there is no easy gold in Legion, that basically means people who did the garrison will forever have a huge leg up by having a couple easy millions in the bank that other players can't realistically catch up to.

Deleted
    I wont ever pay with golds for a token. One month of game time costs 13€ which is roughly about an hour and an half of real life work
    No matter how much it costs, it will always take more than one hour and a half of farming to pay the subscription with in-game currency.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-03-18 at 01:37 PM.