Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    just to the OP

Aren't you contradicting yourself?
    May be that I don't live in a english speaking language but the word overwhelming means majority in this context, so doesn't mean everybody,

And what principle was the US founded upon? That everybody speaks the English language?

The US is a country of immigrants and their is a high chance if your white that your ancestor's are originally from the following countries

United Kingdom 14.0%
    Germany  13.0%
    Poland 10.0%
    Russia 8.0%
    Italy 8.0%
    Ukraine 7.0%
    Portugal 5.0%
    Rest of Europe 35.0%

As far as I can see your anti American by going against the very culture on what the US was founded upon,
    Not everyone speaks english. But English is still the official launguage here in America if you speak it. You can get out of here
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2016-03-18 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You mean the English language and the ability to communicate effectively isn't relevant to a thread that says "Speak the English Language?"

I'm guessing that the irony is lost on you...
    The thread is about two people discussing their fucking dinner between them, nothing to do with their interaction with the person serving. It's quite probable that these people were bilungual, which frankly, puts them a notch above the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Not everyone speaks english. But English is still the official launguage here in America if you speak it. You can get the fuck out.
    The United States of America does not have an official language. We have a common language, but not official language.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone speaks english. But English is still the official launguage here in America if you speak it. You can get the fuck out.
    It isn't. The USA has no official language, because when it was formed the full array of European languages was spoken due to the immigrant population being from all over Europe; so which language you spoke would depend on which city you came from, be it Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese, English or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The thread is about two people discussing their fucking dinner between them, nothing to do with their interaction with the person serving. It's quite probable that these people were bilungual, which frankly, puts them a notch above the OP.
    Yes, and after over 30 pages it went into different directions, one of which was the logical direction of general communication.

Or did you expect it not to?

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't. The USA has no official language, because when it was formed the full array of European languages was spoken due to the immigrant population being from all over Europe; so which language you spoke would depend on which city you came from, be it Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese, English or whatever.
    True.
    But don't expect much if you can't communicate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and after over 30 pages it went into different directions, one of which was the logical direction of general communication.

Or did you expect it not to?
    The other direction seemed to be some kind of contention that it being xenophobic, rather than racist made it okay to take issue with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong again. English is the language that the majority speak. That makes it an official language.

10+ Year Old Account
    True.
    But don't expect much if you can't communicate.
    I walked into a Pharmacy in northern Spain, no one spoke English, I still came out with the sun cream I was struggling to ask for. If someone doesn't speak your language, there's no reason to be a dick about it.

The other direction seemed to be some kind of contention that it being xenophobic, rather than racist made it okay to take issue with it.
    And if every issue was black and white...it would be easy.

This isn't so cut and dry however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong again. English is the language that the majority speak. That makes it an official language.
    That's not how official languages work. Those are legislative.

You mean the English language and the ability to communicate effectively isn't relevant to a thread that says "Speak the English Language?"

I'm guessing that the irony is lost on you...
    No, how is asking to be addressed in English relevant to a the topic of how other speak among each other.

I don't care what language people speak as long as they can understand and speak English, we need to be able to communicate with each other

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you know what official means. The term you're looking for is "De facto".
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    You don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Facts don't matter to you, you make your own up and act as though they're true.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if every issue was black and white...it would be easy.

This isn't so cut and dry however.
    It is. It's about being a prejudice dick, or being nice and putting some effort in yourself.

It isn't.

I think he's just trolling now... No one can be that special kind of special

Official language would mean it's the law...

Point to the Federal statute that says such. (Don't bother looking for it. It doesn't exist)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    You don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Facts don't matter to you, you make your own up and act as though they're true.
    They do matter to me. The fact is English is the language spoken by the majority that makes it an official language.

It is. It's about being a prejudice dick, or being nice and putting some effort in yourself.
    Sorry. Here in the US, you're still wasting our time if you come to the interview with an interpreter.