Deleted

Info about the Movie that may or may not reassure you (clearly worth noting tho)

Hey guys and girls, I think most of us can come to the agreement that we all wanna see the movie! I mean there can't be many that doesn't right?
    So while browsing the web I came across this interview with Duncan.
    And a few minutes in he mentions who handles the specialeffects (more like the head of the effects team), and it's none other than
    Bill Westenhofer who have won an Oscar for: The Life of Pi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUVZbX7fysU

About 1:40 in the vid you can hear Duncan first mention about Bill. Now some of you might ask that why the fakk are you even telling us?
    Well all I'm saying here is that, isn't good to know that we got a Oscar winning person as head of the effects team?

Not only that, personaly I feel it's also the way Duncan in the particular interview talks about the film in general. I donno know, I just really get the feeling in this one that it might actually turn out pretty good.
    Last edited by mmoc2d8d5e5f5b; 2016-03-18 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauro View Post
    Hey guys and girls, I think most of us can come to the agreement that we all wanna see the movie! I mean there can't be many that doesn't right?
    So while browsing the web I came across this interview with Duncan.
    And a few minutes in he mentions who handles the specialeffects (more like the head of the effects team), and it's none other than
    Bill Westenhofer who have won an Oscar for: The Life of Pi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUVZbX7fysU

About 1:40 in the vid you can hear Duncan first mention about Bill. Now some of you might ask that why the fakk are you even telling us?
    Well all I'm saying here is that, isn't good to know that we got a Oscar winning person as head of the effects team?

Not only that, personaly I feel it's also the way Duncan in the particular interview talks about the film in general. I donno know, I just really get the feeling in this one that it might actually turn out pretty good.
    He was also the visual effects supervisor on Land of the Lost. Clearly it takes more than visuals to make a good movie.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Gives me more hope that Duncan genuinely seems like a Warcraft fan and that he actually wants to make the franchise justice =P The better it looks the better, of course, but even if it looks corny/cheesy I'll still enjoy it if it "feels" warcraft =P I mean to be fair Warcraft was always kinda cheesy

10+ Year Old Account
    Duncan seems genuinely passionate about the movie, as do a goodly number of the actors--and not in that M. Night Shamylan kinda way where they'll try to bullshit their way through the interview to hype up the movie. You can see Duncan's eyes light up in a way you can't fake without some ridiculous natural talent when he talks about it. That alone gives me hope for it, y'know?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    He was also the visual effects supervisor on Land of the Lost. Clearly it takes more than visuals to make a good movie.

I agree 100%. What I mean more is that Duncan like someone pointed out already, really looks like he wants to try and make the movie great for "the right reasons".

Wether one like it or not, this Bill must have had a hand in the visuals (the eye motion of the orcs and spells in general comes to mind). The movie itself as we all know is loaded with CGI. And since it's a big part of the movie it feels good to know who's handling the reins of it all so to speak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh, this forum is a cesspool of people just shitting on any trailer or titbit of info coming out on the newspage.....
    And yes I guess you are right in a way. Im one of those ppl who started hearing faint rumors about this movie back in 04/05 already.

And I imagine I'm far from the only one of mmo's readers who feel that way.

But I genuinely felt like updating myself on news etc regarding the movie. And I happen to came across this vid and felt like sharing it that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauro View Post
    Really? I have no intention of watching this, what I'm sure will be a steaming pile of shit, "movie", that is 5 years too little too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, this forum is a cesspool of people just shitting on any trailer or titbit of info coming out on the newspage.....
    Found him...

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Really? I have no intention of watching this, what I'm sure will be a steaming pile of shit, "movie", that is 5 years too little too late.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    There's the token overly negative person I was waiting for.....bravo! For a moment I was going to have a spaz attack the forum was going to well....

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something tells me this movie will either be a terrible flop, or a blockbuster hit, for some reason I can't see it being anywhere in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    I'm not sure what the point of that was. Yes, good movies are more than just special effects. That's obvious. I don't think that anyone said that Warcraft would be a good movie just based on effects. Story, music, acting, direction and production values have to work together to elevate films beyond simple bang-pow-wham effects. Bad special effects in a genre movie can help to sink it though.

That's why it's good to understand that the effects are in competent hands although even the most competent Oscar-winning special effects director can be done in by an insufficient budget, a director that doesn't understand the possibilities, or technology that isn't quite there. Land of the Lost was $100 million budget and 2009. It's a different time now and effects technology has continued to grow exponentially. I don't think the two things are all that easily related.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    There's the token overly negative person I was waiting for.....bravo! For a moment I was going to have a spaz attack the forum was going to well....
    Well the OP said "I think most of us can come to the agreement that we all wanna see the movie!"
    If someone claims to be the voice of everyone, some people find it offensive that they feel they have the right to speak for them. When people feel marginalized, they tend to counter with something that they feel is equally insulting. So, while you see it as "Overly negative", it really was just an equally dismissive response.

P.S. I also think the movie looks pretty bad, but who knows. I mean, I thought Cabin in the Woods looked awful, but it actually turned out to be awesome, and one of my favorite movies/concepts ever.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2016-03-19 at 01:16 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's not forget that Duncan also directed Moon, one of the best movies of all time.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, understandable. Flipside is when people post "Everybody hates xyz" and you go "Don't speak for me, I am enjoying it" they go like "fucking white knighting Blizzard fanboi"
    Yeah, I will give you that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcadin Storm-WAAAGH View Post
    Let's not forget that Duncan also directed Moon, one of the best movies of all time.
    You misspelled "Worst"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Yeah, I will give you that.

- - - Updated - - -

You misspelled "Worst"
    If you thought Moon was the worst movie then I really don't think anyone cares about your opinion on the Warcraft movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Something tells me this movie will either be a terrible flop, or a blockbuster hit, for some reason I can't see it being anywhere in the middle.
    Honestly I think the nature of a movie like this isn't figuratively just as you say, it's literally just as you say (at least from the studio's perspective). If it isn't a blockbuster hit then it's automatically a terrible flop.

Why? Largely production costs and marketing budget. We live in a world where Square Enix can sell 8 million copies of Tomb Raider and call it "disapointing".
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Honestly I think the nature of a movie like this isn't figuratively just as you say, it's literally just as you say (at least from the studio's perspective). If it isn't a blockbuster hit then it's automatically a terrible flop.

Why? Largely production costs and marketing budget. We live in a world where Square Enix can sell 8 million copies of Tomb Raider and call it "disapointing".
    Two different industries with similar but very different standards. Movies today generate big cash from overseas countries like Russia and China in today's market, where these two countries alone can set a precedent for future sequels. Same can't really said that about any game aside from multiplayer online competitive ones.

They also appeal to completely different markets. Just try to compare people who play MMO's to people who watch Game of Thrones. Or compare people who play Zombie shooters with people who watch the Walking Dead. You'll see a huge difference in audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.