Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

And here we go... Class Order Missions being fleshed out

No longer are we seeing "5 second missions"... but several hours.

Artifact Missions? They are now officially REQUIRED content.

http://beta.wowdb.com/items/138416-xaviers-curiosity
    http://beta.wowdb.com/items/138413-boots-of-efficiency

20% Reduced Mission Duration? 10% Reduced Mission Duration? I thought they were supposed to be short missions that send us out into the world? 20% off of 5 seconds makes it 4 seconds? LOL... Incoming return to Garrison Missions.

Now we have to farm equipment for our followers to maximize and reduce mission time and increase Garrison (oooops I meant Order Hall) resources?

I knew there was no way they were going to go to all the trouble of using the Garrison mission in Legion and not stuff it down our throat.

10+ Year Old Account
    The durations are varied; some (such as the ones that give you additional quests) are really short (15-30 seconds), some are more like garrison missions' lengths (2-24 hours).

The only thing that will make them required is if there are good rewards from them. So far, all of the implemented rewards besides the extra quests are more followers, follower upgrades, and white items whose purpose isn't known yet. So whether or not they'll be anywhere near the garrison missions' importance is unknown.

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hoping that this doesn't end up like garrison missions. I love the fact we get to see other people in our class hall (even if it is just our class), it's still something. I also thought they said we would be going out with our followers on these missions? I'm 100% positive they said that when they introduced the class halls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that if anyone has been reading the data mining we're doing that it's been obvious for a while now that the class hall missions are a mix of different mission types: some are like the the garrison ones, some send you out to do something, and some send out a follower to somewhere so that you can obtain a buff from their presence when you show up to do whatever you're going to do.

The precise mix of how many of the different types and how they will really work hasn't been clear and still isn't. But anyone that's been paying attention can figure out there are various mission types that do different things.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    WAAAAAAAAAAH blizzard is making me do stuff in a game, WELL ATLEAST THAT'S WHAT I THINK, NOT WHAT I KNOW!

Seriously chill.

I think most peoples problems with garrisons are being addressed, we aren't going to log in, do class order hall stuff, then log out.

We're going to log in, do class order hall stuff, get a mission from them, go do the missions + adventure/daily stuff, come back and see if anything update, and get the rewards from the missions that offer them, and then get another mission from it to go out and do stuff.

Big difference.

I also think this fits here - A tier of rewards of sort from the mission hall.

Last edited by Vynestra; 2016-03-18 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you were expecting, unless you are confusing the order hall missions with world objectives, which the dev's did liken to "playable garrison missions" when they announced them at BlizzCon, but they aren't the same thing as the Class Hall missions that you are referring to.

As for the missions you are referring to, it's currently impossible to know exactly how they'll play out because there seems to be placeholder/work-in-progress updates with them across various classes with each build that indicate a variety of mission types, rewards, and features, including "zone support" buffs and class bodyguards associated with accepting missions in certain zones, which do affect your gameplay in the world and fall along the lines of what were announced at BlizzCon. Regardless, I'm not sure how their announcement of Class Hall missions led you to believe that they'd be short or that they wouldn't reward anything, and now when it seems that that's not the case you believe that they'll be "stuffed down our throats" more so than any other form of gameplay in the game is "stuffed down our throats."

Class Halls can really only be compared mechanically to Garrisons through the missions system. Outside of that, Class Halls don't have the pervasive presence in the world structure/reward system that Garrisons do, nor do they provide the excess of amenities that caused Garrisons to be so criticized in the first place. Obviously there will be resources to contribute to missions and progression to be had within the mission system, but it would be impossible to have any form of compelling system without these things.

Ultimately, it's early enough in development to easily pass wildly different interpretations of how order hall missions will be presented, which means that it's really too early to tell how they will actually be presented, but I feel like I can at least assure you that it won't be a no-risk, no-reward, no-effort system that lasts a few seconds per mission, if that's what you were expecting in the first place.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2016-03-19 at 12:51 PM.

When do give us things to do, people bitch (MoP dailies), when they don't give us shit to do, people bitch (Garrison missions), then when they try to strike a balance, people bitch some more.

Also, The Reaver has an amazing sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hoping that this doesn't end up like garrison missions. I love the fact we get to see other people in our class hall (even if it is just our class), it's still something. I also thought they said we would be going out with our followers on these missions? I'm 100% positive they said that when they introduced the class halls.
    That's been known to be a lie for a long time. Most of the Class Hall Missions are exactly like garrison missions. Then there's "missions" which are like a combo of profession buildings and the Paragons from Dread Wastes where assigning a follower to a zone gives you a buff of sorts like one is literally exactly like one from Dread Wastes where if you have X mobs grouped up your follower will aoe them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who's happy Blizzard is catering to people like me who ENJOY garrison management?

7+ Year Old Account
    I knew that people would still whine and moan even though this look four times better than garrison missions. ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrisons as a concept were a fine idea, it's execution was bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcadin Storm-WAAAGH View Post
    I knew that people would still whine and moan even though this look four times better than garrison missions. ..
    4 times 0 is what?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I have a good idea for these missions, scrap the whole fucking idea as soon as possible and start working on some non facebook content. It's such a load of garbage, it's not a new idea what they are doing and makes up a large bulk of the gameplay wait mechanics in many F2P mobile games.. Why they think this is good for WoW I have no idea, it was a pile of turd in WOD and repackaging such a failure of a feature seems dumb.

But sure I enjoyed all the millions of gold I made.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Am I the only one who's happy Blizzard is catering to people like me who ENJOY garrison management?
    Blizzard can't please everyone all the time and I think in this case it's best they don't try to please you, for the overall health of the game it would be better if you were not getting to enjoy garrison management.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-03-19 at 01:45 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I have a good idea for these missions, scrap the whole fucking idea as soon as possible and start working on some non facebook content. It's such a load of garbage, it's not a new idea what they are doing and makes up a large bulk of the gameplay wait mechanics in many F2P mobile games.. Why they think this is good for WoW I have no idea, it was a pile of turd in WOD and repackaging such a failure of a feature seems dumb.

But sure I enjoyed all the millions of gold I made.

Blizzard can't please everyone all the time and I think in this case it's best they don't try to please you, for the overall health of the game it would be better if you were not getting to enjoy garrison management.
    Its not facebook content, theres a very small ammount that is similar to current WoD garrisons, then theres others that give you perks in zones and others that actually make you go out and do the mission. Quit crying.

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Its not facebook content, theres a very small ammount that is similar to current WoD garrisons, then theres others that give you perks in zones and others that actually make you go out and do the mission. Quit crying.
    How am I crying? I'm stating like the majority of people that I dislike it and that I think it's bad for the game. I've been on the alpha for months, so I'm well aware of how things are progressing on there and the last thing I wanted to see was what they have done with Class Hall Missions, aka Garrison Missons 2.0.

You can repackage a turd in many ways, it's still a turd.

I hate collecting followers, gearing followers, sending followers on missions and I also personally don't care for doing Diablo 3 style bounties with my followers.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-03-19 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    How am I crying? I'm stating like the majority of people that I dislike it and that I think it's bad for the game. I've been on the alpha for months, so I'm well aware of how things are progressing on there and the last thing I wanted to see was what they have done with Class Hall Missions, aka Garrison Missons 2.0.

You can repackage a turd in many ways, it's still a turd.
    I've been on alpha for a long while now. And the majority definitely don't dislike it, try not to confuse the vocal minority with the silent majority. This isn't WoD garrisons, like at all.

Also I said quit crying.

I guess you're gonna keep ignoring the fact that a very small ammount are like current garrisons, moving on.
    Last edited by rosebull; 2016-03-19 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    I've been on alpha for a long while now. And the majority definitely don't dislike it, try not to confuse the vocal minority with the silent majority. This isn't WoD garrisons, like at all.

Also I said quit crying.
    You're the one crying, because you don't like my opinion.

Deleted
    We have know this for months on the alpha it is kinda late to make a point about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    The best we can hope for now is that master plan will be updated in Legion to minimize the time we ought to spend managing this shit.
    Breathtaking gameplay awaits.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    At GamesCom I 'heard' Ion Hazikostas say: "In the Class Order Hall you'll have followers like in the garrison but not as many, more like King Arthurs round table with some special ones".

What I imagined: Class Order Hall = some building/location with a bunch of NPCs standing around with an ! over their head. I can choose which quest/daily I want to do, take the 'follower' with me, maybe like the Shado Pan in MoP.
    Or give them orders to scout or whatever they are doing over a menu with several options, like the one with guards where you can ask for other NPCs in town.

After seeing pictures of the 'Mission-Board' and reading things from the Alpha, I 're-listened' at the GamesCom-videostuff and this time (with less exitement and disturbances) I heard Ion really say 'Evolution of the Draenor-system'. And it's even on one of the slides.

I think, I can live with that what Ion said there, if the implementation is not to boring and there are really some choices and not just stupid clicking.
    Last edited by McCrazy; 2016-03-19 at 08:16 AM.