Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Who's overly sensitive? In this thread sixteen pages of triggered people who get upset at the notion that they can't bully people with an emote anymore.
    If you honestly consider that bullying, keep playing WoW and avoiding the real world. You won't like it, and it won't like you.

We need a /pee to piss on a corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    As many others said, /spit was in place in a time when people weren't super sheltered and during a time where not everything online could be seen as something bad or negative. I get annoyed when people /spit in arena but I know I do it to so in the end it doesn't bother me. If you get so annoyed, try reporting them. Why not make this post on the official forums where Blizzard could respond? You may get some actual momentum there, or people may think you are just being way emotional over /spit text.

I can honestly say that out of all my WoW friends the only one that has ever gotten annoyed by the /spit was the one who got annoyed when people just had his character targeted for no reason and for long periods of times. Everyone else either uses it back or ignores it/shrugs it off.

Because rogues still exist

It's funny how people keep parroting that if you're bothered by insults you shouldn't associate with other people IRL... After basic school nobody has ever tried to deliberately make me personally feel bad / put me down for shitz and gigglez IRL - that sort of thing happens now exclusively online, in multiplayer games only. So basically if I want to stay clear from asshats I should actually stop playing games and stick to the real world. Too bad I like those games - and the friendly people in them - too much for that.

Who's overly sensitive? In this thread sixteen pages of triggered people who get upset at the notion that they can't bully people with an emote anymore.
    Yeah of course people are upset over exactly that. Not about the fact some hypersensitive kiddo trying to rape the game by ripping things from it because he dislikes that things. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So many dude in this thread that CANT handle the difference between RL and a GAME.... get out more would help a lot with that.
    To spell it out for you and all the other glue-sniffers: I don't particularly care whether /spit stays or gets taken out. What I don't get is the double standard between what you can say ingame and which emotes are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hatchet View Post
    I would support the removal of /spit. It really doesn't add anything productive to the game. I'm assuming it's a hold-over from other games that just mass copy/paste emotes.
    I don't see a productive use for /spit, unless characters are chewing tobacco that will kill them if they don't /spit from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    To spell it out for you and all the other glue-sniffers: I don't particularly care whether /spit stays or gets taken out. What I don't get is the double standard between what you can say ingame and which emotes are available.
    You can say a lot in-game and a lot of it can get you banned. You can't however talk to the other faction. Why then should you be allowed to spit on them like a coward?

When you're stunlocked by five other players, what else is there to do?

What else is there to do with all that excess saliva ?

TBH the game needs more hostile elements, it is WARcraft.

World of Peacecraft, with holding hands in dalaran (or shattrah) has gone too far.

But /rasp and /rude is fine?

case in point this entire thread
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

And /lick promotes creepiness.

/spit JustRob
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can say a lot in-game and a lot of it can get you banned. You can't however talk to the other faction. Why then should you be allowed to spit on them like a coward?
    - Alliance has been killing a friends quest giver for 10 minutes straight, I come and kill it then spit on it.
    - Horde has been actually ganking my friend and GY camping them, I kill it then spit on it.
    - Doing an arena match and constantly CCed, finally get a chance and kill the guy who had you locked down, spit to show them how annoying they were.
    - Spit on NPCs I dislike
    - Spit on a friend who died in a raid and taking a big game (jokingly)
    - Spit for whatever RP reasons people may have
    - Give a sticky tauren or dwarf a spit shower

Spitting =/= being a coward, you are just way too sensitive. I think someone spit on you too many times in game or you were having a bad day and someone spitting on you just pushed you over the top. I can't see why spitting wouldn't be allowed, it isn't bullying in any way/shape/form. If a Horde spit at the Alliance there is no reason why the Alliance shouldn't know that it happened, especially if it was hit in the face

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    you must have an amazing life if you have enough time to actually be bothered by an emote in a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It only serves to encourage toxic behavior. It honestly baffles me they still haven't removed this.
    That's the intent.

Ganking and camping are encouraging toxic behaviour, I'm honestly baffled they haven't done anything to fix those glaring problems and annoying assholes that deserve to get spit on.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    That's the intent.
    It's people like this that poison this game