Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You seem to have missed the point, some people are just uncomfortable with that, even being in perfectly functional and loving relationships. Your awful blanket dismissal of ANYONE who is uncomfortable with this being in a "terrible" relationship just shows your own perceptional ineptitude.
    Lots of people are uncomfortable with lots of things. I don't think the discomfort of a small minority of people is a good reason to not do things. This party also including flashing lights, darkness, crowds, and loud music. I would wager some people were uncomfortable with that setting. Rather than insisting on changing the setting, I'd recommend that people who are uncomfortable remove themselves.

If you look at the video, the dancers don't look out of place in that setting at all. I don't think they're necessary by any means, but people throwing a shit fit and saying that it's disrespectful to women is very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Yeah, that's what I meant about my post too; they see these patriarchy hating feminists everywhere just because the complaints could be twisted into that. But it could've been equally valid from a conservative christian point of view, thinking naked women is a sin etc. The fact that they brought up feminism and "SJW" says a lot about them.

Or, like in my case, being a gay horny dude who's jealous of the straight men and lesbians getting their eye candy.
    Amen, brother

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    I'm not complaining about the dancers themselves, I'm complaining that someone thought it was a good idea to hire them at all, as seemingly most people are.

It sends a bad message and anyone thinking otherwise needs to get out of their school boy fantasy tent and grow a little. Marketing to the same demographic of 12-16 year old boys is getting tiresome in an age where all people are gaming more than ever. It shows a lack of understanding.
    Yeah, as we all know, attractive women dancing in skimpy outfits becomes completely unappealing to guys when they turn 17 years old. This event would be completely unappealing by the time a man was 21, and actively repulse them at 25. Women are also widely known for disliking parties where other women are dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't look school girl-ish to me. It looks adult woman dressing in a sexy parody of school girl-ish to me.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm married. So I guess that theory is out the window.
    maybe you are I don't know. The point is relationships are different. What you think is right or wrong is between you and your partner. it's not up to you to tell someone else they can't be one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by flyspyro View Post
    Women like to see men too /shrug where is my hot guy in a dancing booth... that's what i'm saying. Have you seen the men who work in tech.. it's no wonder they had to hire women lmao!
    -Gag- no. Topless guys maybe with like a bow tie, but the moment I see a bulge and thrusting it's just so gag worthy.

I Just can't be okay with slutty men, maybe because I associate it with doucheyness

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because you don't have one.When you love someone maybe you'll understand. Men and women have insecurities. Don't act like it's only a female thing.
    Becides, it's not totally about that but I do understand the point of view.
    100% of the women I've been with have no problem with other women in skimpy outfits being around, or even me looking at them. I took my last girlfriend to a burlesque show just before Christmas and she loved it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people are uncomfortable with lots of things. I don't think the discomfort of a small minority of people is a good reason to not do things. This party also including flashing lights, darkness, crowds, and loud music. I would wager some people were uncomfortable with that setting. Rather than insisting on changing the setting, I'd recommend that people who are uncomfortable remove themselves.

If you look at the video, the dancers don't look out of place in that setting at all. I don't think they're necessary by any means, but people throwing a shit fit and saying that it's disrespectful to women is very odd.
    These kinds of parties happen all the time in many industries without dancers.

But wait, no, you're right, girls dressed in skimpy clothes dancing around should be at every party with low lights and music. Why not just have women burst out dancing whenever someone turns down the lights for a powerpoint presentation everywhere?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

maybe you are I don't know. The point is relationships are different. What you think is right or wrong is between you and your partner. it's not up to you to tell someone else they can't be one way or another.
    You mean like shaming Microsoft and the women that WANTED to do this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I dunno, if being in a room where women are dancing creates a "problem" for your relationship, then it really does seem like there are underlying issues.

My wife will comment on something being absurd or ridiculous or stupid when it comes to this kind of thing, but it's never a "problem" for us. She never demands that I leave the room or stop playing the game, or whatever.

Likewise, if she wants to watch Magic Mike or whatever, then more power to her. If I have a problem with that, then it's my own damn problem to get over, not to burden her with it.
    Are your reading skills lacking? Someone being uncomfortable with it on a personal level has nothing to do with the functionality of a relationship. I'm personally not uncomfortable with it even in a relationship but I know plenty of people who are, for their own reasons, and not because they think their wife will flip.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

But wait, no, you're right, girls dressed in skimpy clothes dancing around should be at every party with low lights and music. Why not just have women burst out dancing whenever someone turns down the lights for a powerpoint presentation everywhere?
    In the very post you're replying to:
    I don't think they're necessary by any means...
    Fuck it though, right?

How about we wrap them in burqas, so you don't have to taint your eyes with the sight of a woman's bare ankle?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    -Gag- no. Topless guys maybe with like a bow tie, but the moment I see a bulge and thrusting it's just so gag worthy.

I Just can't be okay with slutty men, maybe because I associate it with doucheyness
    Well maybe not you What about the gay men looking for some eye candy? the fair thing is to have both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe not you What about the gay men looking for some eye candy? the fair thing is to have both.
    Sure. I got no problem with that either. If a place wants to have scantily clad men dancing, fine by me.

So get a few dudes in skirts to go with the girls in skirts. What's the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    In the very post you're replying to:

Fuck it though, right?
    It was something of an imitation of your taking things to the nth degree posting style to ridicule people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You mean like shaming Microsoft and the women that WANTED to do this?
    Microsoft is not a person.

Nah, I'm with that guy. I've never liked banana hammocks. Get some good accompanying shorts if going for the Chippendale look.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    How about we wrap them in burqas, so you don't have to taint your eyes with the sight of a woman's bare ankle?
    At this point you're just shitposting, since you apparently can't even read my opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    So get a few dudes in skirts to go with the girls in skirts. What's the problem?
    They'd still cry about female dancers (Wait, sorry. They've evolved into strippers, according the Shareef Batman). But, atleast then you'd get the hypocritical ignoring of the male dancers.