Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Chronicle Vol 1 describes Azeroth as vast.... i wonder if it means just the soul part of the world soil, or also that its body.. the Planet is VAST !! because to be honest, top to bottom doens't see them that big either.. i know the in-game world is not to scale, but you play it so much it feels like what they've shown there is all there is. yet you read books like The Last Guardian and Day of the Dragon, and it paints a much bigger picture of the world than appears in game

but can you honestly fill Lordamere is just a lake if it occupies that much space on the land map, and that's supposed to be proportionate on a huge world? At that size on the map, Lordamere would be a great sea, not just a lake, bigger than much of europe. But it isn't.

and yet , in order to accomodate the vast variety of life and groups, it kinda needs to be. such that even with a kingdom and borders drawn by various sentients, still much is unknown about the country.
    I mean considering it only takes 2 days to travel from Lordaeron to Dalaran on foot (Arthas: Rise of the Lich King), I don't think the world's that big. Perhaps this a size retcon, but most info we've had has shown that Azeroth's actually a pretty little marble.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I mean considering it only takes 2 days to travel from Lordaeron to Dalaran on foot (Arthas: Rise of the Lich King), I don't think the world's that big. Perhaps this a size retcon, but most info we've had has shown that Azeroth's actually a pretty little marble.
    i think we all conclude that the in-game world is a scaled version and not even proportionately scaled either, it's more like a general representation of the actual world.. and enough clues are dropping in Chronicle Vol 1 that our world map so far is just one continent, yes the largest continent or greatest continent, but one of several

I guessed in the other topic that there are more continents, one or some further south - not north (northrend is at a polar cap, but notice Stranglethorn/Uldum/Silithus/Tanaris are the hottest regions i.e. EQUATOR - nor is pandera the southern polar cap and seemingly northern hemisphere too with it's southern regions at the equator or at least it's just south of the equator.) meaning that there is space for more land masses south and also on the other side. .there is a vast ocean on the other side too that could hold more ..making Azeroth huge.

but how huge? i have no idea.

Just finished chapter 2. To think that we just strutted into Uldaman and not only killed Ironaya but one of the greatest Keepers as well, Archaedas. While still being adventuring pups.

Is it just me or is that extremely sad?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Just finished chapter 2. To think that we just strutted into Uldaman and not only killed Ironaya but one of the greatest Keepers as well, Archaedas. While still being adventuring pups.

Is it just me or is that extremely sad?
    Well they were sleeping for a long time, they might not have been at their best. That we keep sabotaging the worlds defenses is rather troubling though.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    We are most likely facing off against the Avatar of Sargeras though as the Legion final boss. I'm like 99% certain.
    Not sure how that could happen without feeling underwhelming, hes too powerful a character to only be a raid boss, i feel like even his avatar should dwarf anything we have ever faced, unless he actually wins the fight and something changes in the future? I feel if they do sargerases avatar, then he needs to win the first fight and scour the surface of azeroth with a following xpac picking up the pieces and starting a rebelion while sarg fights off different factions on the planet, like wiping out elementals and remnants of the old gods. Unless of course we are fighting the severely decayed avatar left on the broken isles? with the finale destroying whats left of his old avatar in the tombs, but allowing him to create another one?

alternatively we could fight sargeras on another world in another expansion, i feel like we should be taking the fight to him to keep him away from azeroth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well they were sleeping for a long time, they might not have been at their best. That we keep sabotaging the worlds defenses is rather troubling though.
    We're been manipulated by the old gods!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I feel bad about Uldaman, too, though. I won't ever look at that dungeon the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Not sure how that could happen without feeling underwhelming, hes too powerful a character to only be a raid boss, i feel like even his avatar should dwarf anything we have ever faced, unless he actually wins the fight and something changes in the future? I feel if they do sargerases avatar, then he needs to win the first fight and scour the surface of azeroth with a following xpac picking up the pieces and starting a rebelion while sarg fights off different factions on the planet, like wiping out elementals and remnants of the old gods. Unless of course we are fighting the severely decayed avatar left on the broken isles? with the finale destroying whats left of his old avatar in the tombs, but allowing him to create another one?

alternatively we could fight sargeras on another world in another expansion, i feel like we should be taking the fight to him to keep him away from azeroth

- - - Updated - - -

We're been manipulated by the old gods!!!
    I think the Avatar would be a great fight, Aegwynn was able to beat it 1v1 (tho that was most likely a trick on Sargeras' end) but Broxigar was totally able to put a knick in the Avatar's shins when he suicided through the portal. So I think 20 Broxigar tier heroes could totally take on the Avatar of Sargeras in a fair fight.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think the Avatar would be a great fight, Aegwynn was able to beat it 1v1 (tho that was most likely a trick on Sargeras' end) but Broxigar was totally able to put a knick in the Avatar's shins when he suicided through the portal. So I think 20 Broxigar tier heroes could totally take on the Avatar of Sargeras in a fair fight.
    The problem is that Broxigar's axe did no real damage to sarg it just scratched him, not even a paper cut, not even when all the aspects focused on that "wound" did it cause pain, it tingled.

And Sarg lost to Aegwynn as I can tell, to posses her baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The problem is that Broxigar's axe did no real damage to sarg it just scratched him, not even a paper cut, not even when all the aspects focused on that "wound" did it cause pain, it tingled.

And Sarg lost to Aegwynn as I can tell, to posses her baby.
    maybe kalec knocked jaina up
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    maybe kalec knocked jaina up
    Ugh, no thanks. It would be Rhonin and vereesa X10 cringe
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Ugh, no thanks. It would be Rhonin and vereesa X10 cringe
    maybe anduin knocked up wrathion and sargeras wants to posses the baby whos empowered with aman'thuls soul
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The one thing I still can't comprehend is why can't we just go and kill the rest of the Old Gods as we did with C'Thun and Yogg'Saron effectively clearing Azeroth from the void curse and nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    The one thing I still can't comprehend is why can't we just go and kill the rest of the Old Gods as we did with C'Thun and Yogg'Saron effectively clearing Azeroth from the void curse and nightmares.
    there is only 1 old god left and he is good at hiding.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

People were talking about how they would do a Sargeras fight but what if all we actually do is distract him to like 90% while fighting off a horde of endless demons as Azeroth gets closer and closer to being born then comes out and fucks Sargeras.

I mean they still want to kill every living thing in the universe. Thats pretty evil even if they want to do it to allow life to re-flourish.
    Something tells me we don't want to see what new universe an insane Sargeras would cook up for us.

Also we don't know if he's actually RIGHT about the remaking of the universe fixing the "flaw".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

How the hell is Blizzard ever going to make it realistic for us to defeat Sargeras now?

1. He is the size of a planet
    2. He can destroy entire planets with a swing of his sword.
    3. His older but weaker brother Aman'thul just bent down and killed Y'Shaarj, the most powerful of the Old Gods, like he was nothing.
    4. Since beginning of WoW( and even Warcraft III), Old Gods have been made out as pretty much the deadliest creatures in existence and second most powerful next to Titans. We now know they are fleas compared to a Titan. For us though, they are still gods.
    5. We know the Titans weakness was fel, but wait, Sargeras killed the whole Pantheon using a storm of Fel Magic, so he clearly doesn't have that vulnerability anymore.

The only way it seems Sargeras can be defeated is by another Titan....oh and Azeroth happens to be one, but wait, the world soul waking up would kinda result in us all dying because he/she is another planet sized being like Sargeras and we happen to be living on it.

Prior to Chronicles we had heard no history of the ancient world except for the fact that the night elves caused the sundering ( and a lot of details on how and that particular 2.5 centuries), and a long time before that, Trolls dominated Kalimdor and fought the Aqir - how/why - no idead.

silly trolls go and touch the stones their gods tell them not to touch, in the hope of gainig more power. I also smiled at the bit where Zulathra plots to find a way to steal Lei-Shen's power too - they were a power hungry lot weren't they, and viscious too.

yet i was also struck by how they pulled together, and uinited to fight the Aquir threat, cunningly employing tactics.. much is made of their strenght and agility, and establishing centres so far apart across Kalimdor to tackle the Aqir and winning too. Eventually killing the C'Thraaxi that Tyr coulnd't beat, although to be fair, it did take an army of trolls.

Then they floursiehed, This I'm pretty sure happened around 16,000 years BDP, after that war is over, it is within the next 1,000 years that they grow into independent and separate empires.

Ra-den

I'm also struck over the Yaungol, as it's not mentioned that the well created the Yaungol, there was a possiblity at first that the Mogu may have used the machine beneath the Vale to do it, but I don't think so any longer, as the tale tells of how they kept going south, tired of competing with trolls for hunting grounds, and against Cenarius' advise, and so catch the eye of Lei-shen who then subjugates them

After the Mogu dominance collapses, the Yaugnol are altered by a combination the Well of ETernity and Freya's titan devices in their journey north, the ones who rejoin Cenarius are changed into the Tauren, and the ones whoend up north are changed by the Forge of wills into Taunka.

Cenarius is a demi-god, not a wild god, don't know where some guy on the forum got "Cenarius is a wild god from"

I also like how the wild gods favoured races that loved peace and taught them, mainly Panderan and Yaungol.

It's also interesting because whiles all the commotion and action in the south is happening, the Night elves are developing. I can't tell who came first, Panderan or Night elves, I assume night elves, the Dark trolls have become Night elves by 15,000 BDP, during that time is the war between Mogu and Mantid that eventually leads to LEi-Shen. The Mogu saga lasts about 3,000 years, during that time the Jinyu, Panderan, Hozen emerge from the VAle of Eternal blossoms, but it's later when Lei-Shen rises that they get enslaved. timings are not exact.

But I'm assuming this abound 13500-15,000 because the twin empires have to peak and become the strongest they've ever b een and by 13,500 night elves are already dominating the landscape so those empires must have already fallen apart. by then. Placing their peak at roughly 14,000-14,500 BDP, with the Panderans living in peace from around 12,000 BDP, and suffering attack from the trolls and winning around 11,900

give or take some errors, but this activity is happening laregely in the south and is telling the panderan, tauren, hozen/jinyu, mogu and more troll history - there is no major conflict activity happening with hte night elves till 10,000

I really think byt his time the Vrykul are well into the curse of flesh, their conflict would have ended a long time ago to have not taken part in fighting the Aqir or not challenge the Trolls either, which means all that business with Loken, the Vrykul, Tyr etc happened long before then.. which makes sense if the Zandalari unite the trolls to greatness to fight the other C'thraaxi that escaped Tyr's retribution.

Which is why I think humans may have been older than any of the other races, but took longer to form into civilization - probably hunted by other vrykul and the changes still happening over a long long period.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethenor View Post
    How the hell is Blizzard ever going to make it realistic for us to defeat Sargeras now?

1. He is the size of a planet
    2. He can destroy entire planets with a swing of his sword.
    3. His older but weaker brother Aman'thul just bent down and killed Y'Shaarj, the most powerful of the Old Gods, like he was nothing.
    4. Since beginning of WoW( and even Warcraft III), Old Gods have been made out as pretty much the deadliest creatures in existence and second most powerful next to Titans. We now know they are fleas compared to a Titan. For us though, they are still gods.
    5. We know the Titans weakness was fel, but wait, Sargeras killed the whole Pantheon using a storm of Fel Magic, so he clearly doesn't have that vulnerability anymore.

The only way it seems Sargeras can be defeated is by another Titan....oh and Azeroth happens to be one, but wait, the world soul waking up would kinda result in us all dying because he/she is another planet sized being like Sargeras and we happen to be living on it.
    Easy. We are getting empowered by the left-overs of the Pantheon and Azeroth itself, granting us (temporarily) Titan-level power without being weak to Fel.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

we would have no problem fighting and beating an Avatar of Sargeras

So Ra-den is still improsined after all this time? - it says Lei-shen stole his power and also that of Ammun'thul Ra preserved... - I wonder if we will get to free Ra and restore his power like we did to the other keepers of Ulduar

Also, it explains why the Keepers were no where to be found in the War of the Ancients..Azeroths greatest hour of need. Most were under the thrall of yogg-saron, as the old gods enacted their plan through Neltharion, Odyn trapped, Loken sticking to Ulduar in madness also undter the thrall of Yogg-Saron, and Ra-den imprisoned, with no one at all in the world knowing what was happening and why.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for Legion we should have more help than we did the first time round, we should have all the aspects, restored wild gods, and restored keepers - well all excpet for Loken we killed, and Ra-den we have no idea wha'ts up with him, we kno Odyn plays a roll, and Mimirion is a bit crazy, but the rest are fine..right?