I was partially stoked, but you're right, for something that has been in the making for a while, it looks like a B list movie with subpar armor, actors and story.
    It will be a fail, but I'll get some free shit out of it.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexenar View Post
    If anything the newest trailer gave me this impression when I saw it.

That Infernal looks bad. So bad.

Its like the the Michelin Tire Man and a glowstick had an unholy offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    So let's recap. One crown looks bad, one table has icons that bother some people. All in all, pretty solid then?

It's not like there isn't problems with costumes in other fantasy movies. Go look back at the costumes of the orcs in the LotR films and you'll notice that 90% of the armor isn't actually armor but some weird leather flaps hanging around covered in either studs or aluminium foil. Gandalf's staff in the Moria also springs to mind. In most of the shots you can clearly see the light bulb at the top making that supposed "magic" light. Major mood killer for me personally.

So why don't we wait for the movie and see if it has anything other to offer than plastic crowns before making too many judgments shall we?
    Except this is a movie that is being released in 2016, not 15 years ago.

Watched the new trailer.

A complete and total meh.

(That dwarf, LOL.)

Deleted
    It looks absolutely awful. I'd be embarrassed to watch it in a cinema.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not an Infernal, is a Karazhan Golem (that scene was described by EuroGamer some months ago).
    Anyone who has seen the movie so far (included non gamers ) had praised it, the movie is even being released in the EU before the states, the review embargo ends in the first week of may, that is telling us something.
    you haters can´t understand the aesthetics of the Warcraft universe for Orcs, Dwarves and elves are completely different from the ones of LotR. You can´t just make up some dude and make it look like a 600 pound orc.
    You either can´t just travel to the dark portal and make clean shots of it because it doesn't exist.
    Anyway, time will tell this movie is a good pop corn flick at least, I´m 100% sure.

Also pretty sure 90% of you who hate this movie already are going to watch it anyway.
    Last edited by TheHodedOne; 2016-03-21 at 08:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Watched the new trailer.

A complete and total meh.

(That dwarf, LOL.)
    Its abysmal isnt it

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the technology isn't there yet...
    I don't see anyone trying a game movie in the next 10 years after these 2 megaflops (AC seems to go on the same path, extremely shitty production).

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry guys the real orcs and dwarves were on strike since the hobbit movies they had to CGI them in. Really, that hate is just crazy
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Sorry guys the real orcs and dwarves were on strike since the hobbit movies they had to CGI them in. Really, that hate is just crazy
    Not even a movie about Cataclysm focusing in Thrall with Donal Trump as Deadwing could have this many hate, funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to enjoy the hell out of this movie... why should I care what other people think right? and if it flops whooo cares not me alteast.
    Its only 10 euro :/
    Last edited by Msi; 2016-03-21 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That Infernal looks bad. So bad.

Its like the the Michelin Tire Man and a glowstick had an unholy offspring.
    That isn't an infernal.

Either way the CGI is meh in some places and it's definitely geared to the masses, but I don't think it looks bad. It will be a fun blockbuster type movie.

Deleted
    This movie is going to bomb so hard.

ITT: Judging the book by its cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I have low standards, it doesn't look at all that bad to me. I think the Warcraft aesthetics are pretty well captured, however thats just my opinion. I'm hyped for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess some people are just dead inside to enjoy something like a movie for you favorite game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    I guess some people are just dead inside to enjoy something like a movie for you favorite game.
    If anything people being so critical about the movie says a lot about their love of the franchise, and them not agreeing with how it's been depicted in the trailers.

They should have went with a full CGI movie since the human actors look completely out of place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    After all these trailers... yeah idk.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would someone DO that?
    Because most of them are trolls who hate on everything of this movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vexenar View Post
    If anything people being so critical about the movie says a lot about their love of the franchise, and them not agreeing with how it's been depicted in the trailers.

They should have went with a full CGI movie since the human actors look completely out of place.
    99% sure thye also would say that in a full CGI movie the humans would look too digital or too out of place.

People!!
    Wake the ffff up!!

Warcraft 1 was the most childish game we have played. The entire universe, with its bright colors IS a flashy childish cartoon!
    It was a wonder to me why world of warcraft beat everquest 2, which has a much more mature community, lore, much-much darker dungeons, full of horror-elements, forced group-play, etc.
    And there came wow, which was the most infant MMO, easy quests, easy classes, no skill-combos, just the "basic" things of a RPG.

Yes, this movie does looks childish, and guess what? If you started playing WoW at the age of 14-18, you are already much more mature than you were at that time. News flash: the game didn't change, and you should admit it that you still cringe for that cartoonish, noob-feeling, where the game seemed hard to you, but not because it was hard, but because you were a noob.
    The movie captures this moment perfectly. You all gonna see it 3-5 times in the movies I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    ITT: Judging the book by its cover.
    And looking at it with glasses of internet hate

Seriously, forming an opinion about 10 seconds of footage for a 2+ hours movie is telling everything about these posters. They have ZERO credibility with these statements.

Get a life, for once. I will view the movie 2 times and form an opinion after that.

The first time to see the story unfold and the second time to review all the places I have been visiting during 8 years of my life.

This second run will be even more important than the story as the visit to some in game settings - if done right - will be interesting. I might even get the DvD as a nostalgic reminder of this world I played in.

8 years in Azeroth did leave traces on my mental hard disk

That's why I have a 3D FigurePrint of my main avatar on my Desk.

Good to be home again (launch it !)

Oh and yeah: this the first time that an open world Multi Mass On Line experience will be transferred into a full motion picture.

I guess to some this will be more than awesome to view the streets of Stormwind ...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-03-21 at 09:46 AM.