10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be negative because I'm a good and pure person, but the film looks like rubbish :/

As a die-hard fan, I'm very disappointed. Orcs are really too big. Just imagine army of The Mountain clones vs. army of Tyrion Lannister clones. In Warcraft, they have same chances.
    Also... the props. For example, the crown in a trailer (Wrynn's) would look ok if it was fake Chinese copy of Warcraft gadgets & toys for $5. The armor looks incredibly like a plastic.
    LotR is so old, yet effects are really impressive. Armor of the elves, humans, dwarves, it's amazing and real. Ah, dwarves. The dwarf in the trailer is beyond terrible. They should stick with real actors (hi, Gimli).

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wanted this movie to be good. But it looks atrocious. Like others have said, the actors look incredibly out of place. Everything is clean and plastic. They had a chance to take risks and make this into something more than just another failure of a video game adaption. But they took the safe route of tropes and special effects in lieu of actual writing. I'm very disappointed.

I won't be seeing the movie but, honestly, I think expectations were way too high for the movie from the beginning. Everyone was excited for a Warcraft movie years and years ago when it was announced they were looking to make one. Everyone had a general idea of what it would be (retelling of the games)

I'm more disappointed in the retcons than anything else. No one would care about the Orcs being shown in a sympathetic light if it were done properly, like in WC3. It's a turn off, and it makes me think that the movie isn't aimed at Warcraft fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I'm more upset that it looks so boring and dull, rather than the bad CGI and oversized orcs. Everyone is just friendly and nice and misunderstood. Except the guys literally made out of pure evil, like Gul'Dan. But I guess that's to be expected, it's right in line with blizzard storytelling since Wc3.

I mean, what kind of a fucked up tag line is "War is not the only option" for a movie called WarCraft?
    Meat of the matter will be in movie where Orgrim chooses to begin the siege of Stromwind, after saving Lothar in 1v1 by backstabbing Blackhand, in order to sate the warrior thirst as well as gaining land for his people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    I'm more disappointed in the retcons than anything else. No one would care about the Orcs being shown in a sympathetic light if it were done properly, like in WC3. It's a turn off, and it makes me think that the movie isn't aimed at Warcraft fans.
    Define "done properly, like in WC3". And what retcons are we talking about?
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2016-03-21 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I think the movie looks to be like a fun time in the theaters. Not as great as I hoped but that was expected seeing how they are making a live action movie of Warcraft. I think that was their main problem, live action. Most of the movie looks CG. I can only imagine these actors jumping around and swinging their swords at nothing with a huge green screen surrounding them. Basically playing pretend. What really bugs me is how the Dwarves are CG as well. To me this is lazy and cheap. I mean if you're going to be making some awesome Warcraft movie put the time and effort into it and make it a quality movie. As I said in another Warcraft movie thread what is the point in making movies with live actors when 70% of the movie is CG?

In any case I'll most likely be seeing this in the theaters, hopefully. Despite the amount of CG it still looks like a fun movie to watch and that's the whole point of watching a movie is to have fun, to be entertained. If you criticize and nit pick at every small thing in movies you'll have a hard time watching anything. I just watch the movies for what they are and I enjoy them. It's annoying when I'm with my friends and they nitpick at every small detail. It's hard to enjoy yourself when other people are constantly being negative about it. It's really annoying. Might even see this one by myself.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    lol I'm really shocked about the backlash against this film here.
    Many even saying this movie sucks while it didn't come out yet and we saw just about 3-4 minutes out of probably 2+ hours? Besides, 90% of this criticism comes from the CGI aspect. I'm not saying VFX aren't important (especially in a blockbuster like this), but we know really a few things about how the film is gonna be, if the script is good or not (Duncan Jones is co-writing it, so it could be really good), if the actors and corrispondent characters will be charismatic (Travis Fimmel is a great actor. Look at his role in Vikings to see), if the directing itself will be intriguing (for example I read too few comments about the shot of Lothar jumping toward the gryphon and then flying towards the battlefield in that vertiginous sequence), how the music is gonna be (no, it won't be a dubstep thing, and the music in that leaked ComicCon video sounds awesome).
    So why saying that the movie sucks based only on 3-4 minutes because "CGI sucks"? On the other way, maybe this is a good thing, so audience will probably be surprised to see, in the theaters, an actually good film (even great, if Duncan did something at the level of his previous films).

So, if I have to talk about the CGI... it looks mostly good, in a few parts even amazing, and in other few parts bad.
    The shot of Stormwind (the one with copy-pasted people) and baby Thrall are the ones that I really can't stand.
    But I can't see how the rest is so hated here.
    The dwarf looks good to me and Lothar doesn't seem to be that off in that famous shot. I love that dwarf design, really close to the videogames one, and I think there was no way to make it with just make-up. Remember: this is NOT LotR. Warcraft is another thing.

Also, I was surprised to read criticism for the crown or even the table... seems a bit much nitpicky here. They are things that when you will watch the movie you won't even notice, IMO.

Then, other criticism I read: the humans look too little and weak compared to the giant orcs?
    I mean, you even noticed what Lothar do to Blackhand (I presume it's him, at least)? He looks like "Yeah, so easy to kill these orcs".
    Also Garona fighting with that orc in the latest spot doesn't look to be in disadvantage at all, despite her being physically basically a human with green skin.
    I think orcs are going to be bigger but slower than humans, in this movie.

Khadgar's actor and hairstyle felt out of place to me too at first, but now after seeing him in action in the latest spots he seems he could actually be a cool character in the movie.

Garona looks good in some shots and bad in others (I blame it one the weird little fangs, more than the make-up).

That said, I agree with many of you that the teaser trailer was a bit disappointing, but with these spots my hype for the movie is growing up incredibly fast! I think they are cool spots (except for some music choice, but whatever... this is not a thing we should worry about, since the composer for the film is not the Prodigy lmao)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    Yeah I understand.
    I honestly think it's good, especially because I want to see spells and casting done in a cool way, and CGI gives them the freedom to get creative. Also, on the big screen it's different.
    mmmm you mean they should have a casting bar? that'd be cool tho. Slap to interrupt

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the plastic looking armor comments.

I also agree that young Khadgar with the goofy haircut is cringeworthy at best.

I will definitely still be seeing this movie, but am preparing myself for massive disappointment. If it turns out to be great I will be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus94 View Post
    if the script is good or not (Duncan Jones is co-writing it, so it could be really good),
    Yes, because the writing is whats going to save the Warcraft Movie. You can't judge a movie based on a trailer. True, but I'm not very optimistic when the actors look like the came from the Josh Hartnett school of acting while being dressed in terrible cosplay. And there is no excuse for such atrocious cgi when we live in a world where a guy with an iphone and $60 design software can make something look more convincing. I don't even think a fan made recut could make this look better, like it did with Ghostbusters. From what I've seen so far, it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post

I will definitely still be seeing this movie, but am preparing myself for massive disappointment. If it turns out to be great I will be pleasantly surprised.
    From the clpis thus far i am still conflicted. Some of it look quite good and some of it looks absolutely awful. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst seems to be the best policy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khul View Post
    Yes, because the writing is whats going to save the Warcraft Movie. You can't judge a movie based on a trailer. True, but I'm not very optimistic when the actors look like the came from the Josh Hartnett school of acting while being dressed in terrible cosplay. And there is no excuse for such atrocious cgi when we live in a world where a guy with an iphone and $60 design software can make something look more convincing. I don't even think a fan made recut could make this look better, like it did with Ghostbusters. From what I've seen so far, it's bad.
    I don't fully agree with the criticism to the acting: the actors IMO for now can be judged only for how they look like, since the trailer and spots are not giving us almost any information about their acting skills. They're just not famous superstars, but if they're talente, why not giving them the benefit of the doubt? As I said before, Travis Fimmel was great in Vikings, while I don't know much about the other actors, so I guess we'll see in June.

But if you talk about how they look like, then I can agree with you, but this is not due to the actors, but mainly to the costume (or CGI in some cases) department, especially if we talk about the super clean armors.

The CGI atrocius moments, IMO, are only the two I listed in my previous tweets. But to say Warcraft's CGI is atrocious is not correct to me, and I think many of us are being nitpicky on the few poor CGI shots forgetting about visual masterpieces like Durotan's close shot (can't post links now, but it's the famous one in the first trailer right after he says the "whatever happens" line).
    I put that as example but there are other many beautiful shots like Lothar vs Blackhand, Orgrim and Durotan talking, the gryphon, Durotan roaring, Dalaran shot, the battle shots, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    Orcs are especially a big disappointment. They look too human somehow especially when you compare them to old WC RTS representation.
    wut ?

games

movie

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    I also agree that young Khadgar with the goofy haircut is cringeworthy at best.
    This is really what gets to me the most. Khadgar just looks terrible. He looks like an I.T. student.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    This is part of what makes the movie seem grotesque.

Another part is that these piece-of-meat orcs are portrayed as insightful fellows with brains and wisdom. It just doesn't compute. If you enter the battle with no armor and with a stupid roar and a stupid club instead of something sharp and metal and some protection, you can't have a brain worth talking about, you are an idiot. Yet they portray orcs to be as intelligent as humans.

They wanted their scenario that would "stay true to Warcraft", fine, they got it. The result just shows how idiotic it all is.
    you do know that humasn at one point also didnt have advanced metallurgy right ?
    orcs come from another world, they arent as advanced.

Strange that so many people are surprised by the fact that the Orcs are so much physically superior to humans. It was like that from the beginning of the series. Orcs were bigger and stronger, but the humans had numbers and tactics. In Warcraft 3, a human footman has 420HP and 12.5 attack rating. An orc grunt has 700/800HP and 19.5 attack rating.

PS: A Tauren warrior has 1300HP, and 33 attack rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    What is so wrong about Orcs being brutal and taking land by force?
    It's cliche number 19194387 done 1752141 times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    I would die to watch a good big budget Warhammer / 40k movie. It would be such a break from the PC crap that everyone is good and misunderstood.

Every time someone mentions Avatar I cringe and picture an Imperium Battleship doing an orbital bombardment of that fucking planet with its useless blue cat people. And the last surviving wussies get cut in half by chain swords and bolters.
    That's because warhammer is angst+edge up to 11

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    I think we can all agree that this movie is garbage.
    Except most wouldnt.

Expecting this to be bad, hoping it will be good.
    At the very least It'll be worth checking out, probably going to see it with a huge group of friends at Anime Expo.

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    That's because warhammer is angst+edge up to 11
    It honestly amazes me that people don't get that Warhammer 40k is supposed to be intentionally horrible. It's a parody and exaggeration of 1980's edginess. I mean it literally coined the term "Grimdark" which for pretty much every other use of the term is to describe a setting that is so dark and edgy, it's funny. It's one of the best satirical works of our time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    It honestly amazes me that people don't get that Warhammer 40k is supposed to be intentionally horrible. It's a parody and exaggeration of 1980's edginess. I mean it literally coined the term "Grimdark" which for pretty much every other use of the term is to describe a setting that is so dark and edgy, it's funny. It's one of the best satirical works of our time.
    If it is supposed to be satirical, the fans and creators must have forgotten it

Jokes aside, I havent see anything that is supposedly very comedic to translate the nature of a satire.
    Yeah, the orks can be goofy but that is as much as you get.
    Most seem to treat it as a serious epic sci fi
    Last edited by Romano; 2016-03-21 at 05:36 PM.