Page 29 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian84 View Post
    Are they getting rid of attuned stats?
    Yes they are.

Also for the time being, I've copied SimC's live version of Paladin's Shining Protector into Brewmaster's Celestial Fortune (changing Multistrike to crit). Live's version heals for 30% of the heal but the datamining doesn't show a multiplier. So leaving that for the time being.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2016-03-21 at 05:47 PM.

What others have reported, haste requires an absurd amount to generate a single charge, like you would have to stack it as your focus to current heroic levels to get 1 extra charge per minute.
    They currently have haste set to reduce a number of abilities (at this time we think brews are included in this) to test increasing the value of haste. With CDR on brews it actually becomes insane. Brewing Scribe was kind of enough to do the maths for us. http://brewingmastery.blogspot.com/2...artifacts.html

Crit change to being like shining protector, that is not good for paladins right? Paladins don't stack multi since its so sub optimal, and that doesnt help YOU as a tank, since you have zero control over it, and very little self healing (so far).
    Paladins have this problem of getting absolutely crushed outside of Shield of the Righteous so stats that don't increase its power or uptime are pretty weak for paladins right now (outside of parry flat out ignoring hits through crit but defensively its still weaker). This makes extra healing in an RNG fashion pretty weak when you consider a lot of it will be extra healing that's very minor to begin with anyway so its not really going to do much unless it pushes you above dying to the next melee swing. The current Legion iteration of Brewmaster looks to be a mana sponge but a very smooth mana sponge which makes this (which we don't have actual values now, appears to fully duplicate the heal?) potentially efficient and offset our extra damage we'll take by holding off on purifying.

For Mastery, the Diminishing returns on increased % due to the mechanic seems like it would be rather pronounced and any baseline avoidance you have devalues it further.
    Yeah it'd be really weird, annoying, not very clear unless you really delve into the inner workings of the game, and devalue the stat a lot if it was subject to diminishing returns. Be interesting to see how it ends up in the end.

Which leaves versatility, the least interesting stat.
    Yeah, but even saying its the least interesting is subjective. Determination on FFXIV is a straight up % boost and its pretty sought after and not seen as boring. Perception/opinion and all that. All stats are different ways of doing effectively the same thing anyhow they're just with different clothing.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    They currently have haste set to reduce a number of abilities (at this time we think brews are included in this) to test increasing the value of haste. With CDR on brews it actually becomes insane. Brewing Scribe was kind of enough to do the maths for us. http://brewingmastery.blogspot.com/2...artifacts.html
    I personally could not find any "spell effect" that stood out as showing which spells affected haste. So I'm holding judgement for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I personally could not find any "spell effect" that stood out as showing which spells affected haste. So I'm holding judgement for the time being.
    Yeah as far as I know, it might be on the table but not implemented yet. A lot of the math on those two blog posts is very theoretical.

My inside source says haste does not currently affect any brews or abilities, just energy.

I am surprised to see everyone so calm despite the fact that they've returned Swift Reflexes OMMGMODHSODHSODHSODHLKSDJKKSD

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/213386-counterattack

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=213386/counterattack

Yeah it was merely something on the table. Would certainly help haste have a bit more than fluff value for us as it traditionally has had.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth

7+ Year Old Account
    Right now, I don't think we will be mana sponges (or particularly bad mana sponges). With the current numbers we drown in Brew, even at zero haste, i.e., we can purify (= reducing damage) while maintaining 100% IsB uptime. Also, Celestial Fortune makes us easier to heal. I just wish CF was a flat bonus, something you can rely on.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Having 100% uptime on isb is not necessarily feasible depending on incoming damage and how much we need to purify. If you are able to keep that uptime without purifying it probably doesnt matter if you do. With 50% stagger in live you have to purify like a mad man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian84 View Post
    Having 100% uptime on isb is not necessarily feasible depending on incoming damage and how much we need to purify. If you are able to keep that uptime without purifying it probably doesnt matter if you do. With 50% stagger in live you have to purify like a mad man.
    The point is in the current datamined iteration we can keep 100% uptime on ISB while also having healthy amount of purifies at the same time. That will most likely change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    We don't know if it will change, and purifying make a lot less sense if the total damage you take is healable, through being very smoothed out (by the aforementioned high stagger), and through having enough crit to not need a crazy amount of heal.

FOr now, the datamined information point to 100% uptime ISB, and purifying as a luxury.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right now, Brews recharge at 1 charge every 14sec baseline. Light Brewing (talent) reduces that to 1 charge every 9sec. IsB has 6sec duration per use baseline. 3/3 Potent Kick (artifact trait) increases that to 7.5sec duration per use. That alone gives you an 83.333% uptime of IsB if you just use it on CD, never purify, and never use Keg Smash or Tiger Palm.

Keg Smash gives you 4sec of Brew recharge and Tiger Palm gives you 1sec recharge (on average even 1.45sec if you account for 3/3 Face Palm (artifact trait). So let's look at how much Brew you recharge in a 8sec window (that's the CD of KS): 8sec just for the time passing, 4sec for 1 KS (40 energy), 1.45sec for 1 TP (25 energy according to class preview), leaving you with a 15 energy gain in those 8sec at 0 haste and 13.45sec brew recharge. Using Light Brewing, that translates to 1.5 Brews in 8sec, or if you want to put it this way, one new Brew charge every 5.333sec. So you recharge Brew faster than the duration of IsB, i.e., you can have a 100% uptime and still have Brews left over to purify, assuming the current numbers stay as they are. And there is also our new set bonus, one of which makes TP give you another second of Brew recharge.

TBH, I expect this to change before Legion goes live, but right now, we drown in Brew. Enough to have a 100% uptime on IsB and still be able to purify. As a side-note: I hope they nerf the duration of IsB if (when? ) they are going to nerf things. I like to idea of drinking a lot of brews to trigger some passives (talents, artifact traits) that grant dodge chance or movement speed.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    As a side-note: I hope they nerf the duration of IsB if (when? ) they are going to nerf things. I like to idea of drinking a lot of brews to trigger some passives (talents, artifact traits) that grant dodge chance or movement speed.
    This seems actually quite good of an idea. It can also balance the difference between IsB and PB without nerfing the burst reduction power of IsB.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a side-note: I hope they nerf the duration of IsB if (when? ) they are going to nerf things. I like to idea of drinking a lot of brews to trigger some passives (talents, artifact traits) that grant dodge chance or movement speed.
    I'm the other way around. I don't want have to keep constant track of clicking a million defensive things, I'd rather have a longer duration on ISB and more free time to use on my offensive abilities. Don't feel like playing another WotLK Feral.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-03-23 at 09:19 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I think brews having such a high uptime and stagger being basically a catch all for mitigating things will help it not feel super micro-managey. Remains to be seen though since I think having a bit more to track/do/watch in the spec would help it but that's certainly a per person feel thing and won't really be knowable till live because my mind's vision of how things will play is probably totally off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'm the other way around. I don't want have to keep constant track of clicking a million defensive things, I'd rather have a longer duration on ISB and more free time to use on my offensive abilities. Don't feel like playing another WotLK Feral.
    They our out of GCD so outside of more fingering buttons it shouldn't affect much. Would be nice to have more usage on them since the offensive rotation is kind of neutered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    They our out of GCD so outside of more fingering buttons it shouldn't affect much. Would be nice to have more usage on them since the offensive rotation is kind of neutered anyway.
    i dont think it will change and 100% uptime is intended.
    as far as i know all the other tanks can have 100% uptime on their AM
    i.e. paladin with 12 sec recharge 4.5 sec duration 3 charges with chances of getting more charges random (or am i mistaken?)

7+ Year Old Account
    how long does ironskin brew last i totaly forgot was it 6 or 3 seconds ?

7+ Year Old Account
    6sec baseline, +0.5sec per level in an artifact trait (max. 3 from leveling, up to another 3 from "relics" you can slot into your artifact if I'm not mistaken)

6sec baseline, +0.5sec per level in an artifact trait (max. 3 from leveling, up to another 3 from "relics" you can slot into your artifact if I'm not mistaken)
    wouldnt that be max 1.5, max 3 if you use relics?

Deleted
    3 from artifact, 3 from relics means 6*0.5=3