Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    God damn some people are just.....wow.

*ahem*
    Excellent refutation of my argument, good sir/madam. +1 internets to you.
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My new housemate is one. It is frustrating as hell. Everything is Racist or Sexist to her. Uggggh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallius View Post
    Excellent refutation of my argument, good sir/madam. +1 internets to you.
    What argument? All I see is some pretty silly chest thumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, there is a 100% chance that this post is nothing but you claiming credit for shit you're at best a nameless follower of and have no influence in, like a 14 year old who just discovered /b/ bragging about how they are Anonymous.
    My being is influence enough. I promise you I walk the walk.
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

I think misinformation on both sides stems from social media/mass communications. Same reason why so many people joined ISIS compared to al-qaeda, the internet has too much importance in people's lives and they think that the info they hear from random people/youtube videos has a shred of truth. Sure mainstream media can be controlled but it's a lot less likely to have dumb shit come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, so many people don't seem to have a problem with people working on and advancing social injustices, so I welcome some SJWs.

But that is just me, with the cynicism displayed on these forum at every turn, you can be sure the current generation would NOT have partaken in the french revolution or in anything that does what it can to overthrow blatant injustices. They apparently rather think that the families and corporations that own half the land and half the money did it by "working" hard and everyone who is poor deserves to be poor.
    Well we are already at wealth inequality past that of the french revolution so I guess you have a point. I don't see anyone's heads just lying around.

That being said, SJWs aren't people who really fight for rights or advancing social justices. They are the type of people who gang up on an artist because they didn't draw their favorite cartoon character fat enough and encourage her to commit suicide because "fat rights" and other such ridiculous things.

Personally, I believe that extreme hostility doesn't help much in advancing social justices. There are plenty of people who can change the world without having to resort to violence, bullying, harassment, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Same. I promise you I am actually a super big deal. Don't question it. I just am. A bigger deal than you in fact, by at least a factor of infinity + 1.
    Wait, wait, this is the part where I also jot down sarcastic quips and link humorous gifs as a rebuttal to your meany words in a sad attempt to garner peer approval, right? Pass.

Wait, wait, this is the part where I also jot down sarcastic quips and link humorous gifs as a rebuttal to your meany words in a sad attempt to garner peer approval, right? Pass.
    I believe protocol requires you cite your bench weight.

I believe protocol requires you cite your bench weight.
    Currently, ~350lbs. You PC, bro?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    And what exactly are "mens issues"? Do you people seriously still not comprehend how some groups are treated differently than others if they are not perceived as part of the "majority"?

- - - Updated - - -

Would you label the people who fought for womens right to vote "SJWs"? What about those who fought for civil rights in the 60s? Again those who use the term "SJWs" are usually part of the problem and tragically oblivious to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes people who have different opinions than you exist.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you explain overwhelming support of gay marrge by straight people in the United States? Did Endus force them to support it? People fighting for the betterment of society have existed for as long as society has. It has nothing to do with the internet other than the fact the internet has made it possible to communicate these issues more effectively and gain support.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I just can't take people seriously who claim Tumblr has anything to do with "SJWs". The site is built on image sharing not discussion.
    Supporting gay marraige and letting people get on with their lives is not being an SJW.

Being an SJW is screaming at the top of your lungs how nobody supports gay marraige and then accusing everyone around you that they are homophobic.

Mac usuall. Its kind of standard in my industry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    Supporting gay marraige and letting people get on with their lives is not being an SJW.

Being an SJW is screaming at the top of your lungs how nobody supports gay marraige and then accusing everyone around you that they are homophobic.
    So basically an SJW is defined by how much they hurt your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post

Nailed it. I fully support most common sense "leftist" ideals, but where once I called myself a Liberal, now I must say, "I am a Liberal*" and must explain the asterix. If being a liberal now means associating with regressive authoritarians, than, no thanks. "Classical Liberal" has a nice ring to it.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Man you're going to be really mad when your company designs a new diversity quota and they hire a woman to take your place because when they ask who to can the consensus is "that obnoxious guy screaming out gamergate and meninism all day long." Though of course, the irony will be delicious. Turns out being alpha doesn't help you in a world where the density of your muscles doesn't determine policy. Judging by the rant is sounds to me like you're the special snowflake trying desperately to insulate yourself from an evolving industry. All the pre-workout in the world won't save you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I honestly have not. I also live near several colleges and universities. Where can I find them outside of Tumblr?
    Austin Texas is full of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Finith View Post
    Man you're going to be really mad when your company designs a new diversity quota and they hire a woman to take your place because when they ask who to can the consensus is "that obnoxious guy screaming out gamergate and meninism all day long." Though of course, the irony will be delicious. Turns out being alpha doesn't help you in a world where the density of your muscles doesn't determine policy. Judging by the rant is sounds to me like you're the special snowflake trying desperately to insulate yourself from an evolving industry. All the pre-workout in the world won't save you.
    "Save me"?! Hahaha! From what, exactly? And are you really saying diversity quotas are a good thing? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Austin Texas is full of em.
    Man, what the hell happened to Austin?! It use to have such a bitchin' metal scene and then, over the last 5 or 6 years - poof! Now it's nothing but ironic scarfs and horn-rimmed glasses.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sister has gone so far to claim my dad is part of why everyone suffers because of his white male privilidge abd oart of the patriarchy

So yes yes I have

Deleted
    Mac usuall. Its kind of standard in my industry.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically an SJW is defined by how much they hurt your feelings.
    An SJW is defined as an irrational person that ignores all facts and logic to push agenda that doesnt need pushing.

A crazy person hell bent on finding solutions to problems that do not exist.

Claiming the World is xxxxxxist and throwing wild accusations at anyone who dare talk to them.

Alot like you.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Save me"?! Hahaha! From what, exactly? And are you really saying diversity quotas are a good thing? Really?
    I would have thought the sarcasm was obvious, I was trying to sound as superfluous as you did. I think the regressive left is a problem, I also think inundating people whose opinions you don't like with harassment and death threats is a bad idea, so why exactly you would be proud to be "gamergate" baffles me. Those imbeciles are guilty of the very thing they wish to push back against. Again, the irony is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    My sister has gone so far to claim my dad is part of why everyone suffers because of his white male privilidge abd oart of the patriarchy

So yes yes I have
    The cringe is real, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh! Are they SJWs? I must be really out of touch we used to call them people.
    We call idiots, idiots as well, but that doesn't change the fact that idiots are people too..