Page 35 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I guess we will forget about this attack the next day like with the bombing in Turkey.
    Turkey is killing the people that did that attack
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Not happening.

First Trump's ceiling is extremely defined by now. Most of what he says and would do is extremely unacceptable to many moderates, the vast majority of democrats and a plurality of republicans.

Secondly the election is 8 months away and what happens now will have no bearing as to what happens then.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The know-nothing crypto-fascist know-nothing Trump brigade will be out in full force across the internet and on cable news for the next few days, but that's the extent of it.
    Hope you're right, I definitely don't want fuel to be added to that particular fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's a shitty deal, I cannot deny that. But what is the alternative? What is it that people really want to do? I see a lot of fear and anger, but I see no solutions. Any some are actually thinking about just blowing every Muslim up. Oh, they're not speaking it, but the anger tells them that killing Muslims is okay. Going down that road will throw us all back a century in development, even the west.
    Dont have to blow them all up. Just dont let them in to your country. They can stay in their own countries and blow their own people up

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I bet a Terrorist droped his ID so we know it was a moslem .
    Oh please, this is dishonest. There were reports of arabic shouting from the shooters before explosions. Not to mention nowadays who else is going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    I really cant understand the mentality of these people who can commit such crimes. It is beyond comprehension. What purpose would it serve to kill innocent people? for what? why? they are a bunch of twisted psychopaths!

If Europe really wants a solution, it should do one thing:
    Deal with Saudi Arabia and Qatar... once and for all... for good....
    Really makes you think, if this is a response to western military, they'd attack the military.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    leadership, not the army per se.
    (of course, good leadership is more important...)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalit...hority_Order_2

This doesn´t sound like they kept anyone, at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Other countries in the region that we had nothing to do with on the level of Iran fell into deep problems of their own.

For example, say the Shah was overthrown. There is no guarantee Iran wouldn't have gone the way of their near-neighbor Pakistan, and experienced bouts of deeply flawed democracy and bouts of military rule. It could have gone the way of their neighbor Afghanistan and been invaded by the Soviets instead in the 1980s (certainly, it would have been more valuable to them). The rise of the Ayatollahs could have happened anyway, as it was also an expression of rising religiosity across the entire Muslim world that came due to the failure of Nasserism to deliver the promised economic and political results (and the Saudi plan to undermine Nasserite Pan-Arabism by promoting Islamic fundamentalism in general, although the Saudis are of course, Sunnis. )
    unless memory fails me, Pakistan is Sunni and is not religious (state).
    sure sunshine and roses is doubtful, but with no intervention, you probably would have had Pakistan - an overall OK country.

It's just too tidy, the theory that if Iran's democratic goverment was never over thrown, that today we'd have a Democratic Iran as an ally of us, and of Israel and a positive force in the region.
    define positive? - Iran is on the other side of SA and its geopolitical position will essentially always ensure that - and the US and SA are buddies - I doubt a 100% democratic Iran would be a positive for the region as far as the US is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That highly depends on who is your teacher. I was religious when i was young, and we never learned or heard anything of that kind in religion class. I do think it has more to do with education than with religion.
    In many of those regions the teachers are the religious leaders, there is no distinction.
    It is true, education is an important factor. But saying religion isn't is rather naive tbh.

I guess its "how serious" someone takes it, but if there is a set moral guide it does not help.
    Personally my beef is mostly towards the primitive abrahamic religions, they seem to be the most violent prone.
    You have many other areas in the world with low education, and non abrahamic religious belief, and you have none of this issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    I just wonder how long until the EU gets sick of it and rally's under their own EU-Trump
    Random guess, sometime in the early 2030s
    Trump is seen as a moron by most here, won't happen in this era.

Oh, yeah, i agree with you, i think undereducation is cancer and bad for society, religion is doing within a well educated society more good than harm in an undereducated society however it´s vicarious to education by people who aren´t the best teachers in the world.
    Your hatred of America warps your narrative.

Osama bin Ladin was exiled from Saudi Arabia for being too religious. His dream was to bring back the Caliphate, but how do you do that? He wound up fighting infidels in Afghanistan and he gained some converts.

But he needed more converts. He picked the largest and toughest group of infidels, the Americans and launched a massive surprise terrorist attack. This victory made Osama seem strong, God was on his side, and many converts flocked to his side, all of a sudden his dream of the Caliphate was made tangible.

ISIS is a continuance of Osama's dream, they've actually recreated the Caliphate.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalit...hority_Order_2

This doesn´t sound like they kept anyone, at all.
    Isis leadership is old IRG is what i meant.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Privs View Post
    Do you deny that a world without religion would be less violent? Do you believe that people are so incapable of forming their own morals that only religion keeps society from turning to anarchy?
    Only way for that to be possible is to deny people the right for free thought. And even without religion, there is going to continue to be jealously and greed in mankind. Lets face it, man is a violent creature. You fight terrorism and radicalism by calling it what it is and standing against it by actions of defeating it. Not the free thought, but the tendency of some to want to harm others should not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Really makes you think, if this is a response to western military, they'd attack the military.
    They are attacking western ideas. There is no compromise with them.

Ask any Greek, Serb, or Jew, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Oh please, this is dishonest. There were reports of arabic shouting from the shooters before explosions. Not to mention nowadays who else is going to be?
    Shinto extremists! Disgruntled PETA volunteers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Your hatred of America warps your narrative.

Osama bin Ladin was exiled from Saudi Arabia for being too religious. His dream was to bring back the Caliphate, but how do you do that? He wound up fighting infidels in Afghanistan and he gained some converts.

But he needed more converts. He picked the largest and toughest group of infidels, the Americans and launched a massive surprise terrorist attack. This victory made Osama seem strong, God was on his side, and many converts flocked to his side, all of a sudden his dream of the Caliphate was made tangible.

ISIS is a continuance of Osama's dream, they've actually recreated the Caliphate.
    Al Qaeda was never about building a Caliphate. That's why IS split from them, because that's pretty much the basis of what they disagreed over and they've been fighting each other over that point since.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Only way for that to be possible is to deny people the right for free thought. And even without religion, there is going to continue to be jealously and greed in mankind. Lets face it, man is a violent creature. You fight terrorism and radicalism by calling it what it is and standing against it by actions of defeating it. Not the free thought, but the tendency of some to want to harm others should not be tolerated.
    Alright, not claiming its even possible or desired to rid a world of religion. But you completely avoided the questions I asked.

Deleted
    How very sad thoughts go out to those affected by it

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, not claiming its even possible or desired to rid a world of religion. But you completely avoided the questions I asked.
    More wars have been fought over raw nationalism, than religion.

Sad situation. Sorry for the loss of human life! Belgium you are in our hearts!

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you deny that a world without religion would be less violent? Do you believe that people are so incapable of forming their own morals that only religion keeps society from turning to anarchy?
    Hmm... the morals would´ve needed to be universally accepted by everyone. That however has nothing to do with violence, since moral neither includes nor excludes violence. It really depends on what the society percieves as morally acceptable. So a world without religion would be less violent or more violent, can´t really say for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.