Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titans seem to rise fully formed and aware, with their power determined by their development as a worldsoul. A newborn Azeroth may not need much time to get up to speed with her powers, she might be able to take Sargeras from the word go.
    Maybe we. We don't know. That was my only point :P

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I'm not sure why you go "Azeroth awakens, story ends" when there are plenty of places it can go between it awakening and the storyline ending. Furthermore, even if all the Void Lords are defeated (Which seems ridiculous since we know nothing about them), that doesn't suddenly mean all problems are gone.

Even assuming that all of that would happen (Which is a gigantic stretch), there are other villainous forces besides the Void Lords in this universe.
    What would be the point exactly? The entire story is focused from wc1 -> wow about fighting off those who wanted to destroy the planet. Continuing the story after that point is nothing but addiction.

People are never able to criticize stupid ideas? Got it.
    Properly voiced criticism is fine. Your whining and insulting, however, isn't criticism.

I'm not sure why you go "Azeroth awakens, story ends" when there are plenty of places it can go between it awakening and the storyline ending. Furthermore, even if all the Void Lords are defeated (Which seems ridiculous since we know nothing about them), that doesn't suddenly mean all problems are gone.

Even assuming that all of that would happen (Which is a gigantic stretch), there are other villainous forces besides the Void Lords in this universe.
    Um, it's basically the great big climax of everything from all the stories in the game. I mean you technically could, but everyone with a brain, that it's basically over, nothing will ever top it, and it should have ended then and there.

Idk how you don't grasp this.

I called this last week. We literally are Azeroth.

Kosak fucking stinks. Why they hired this webcomic-writing dunce to stomp the lore into the dirt after Wrath I'll never be able to guess. Probably a sheer lack of ideas. Good thing we had Fargo and his le simply ebin xd outlook on writing to deliver us gold like Uldum. Welcome To The Machine is one thing, but, you know, this Uldum horse has been so beaten that its material is now freestanding quarks, so fill in the blanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Does that mean that anything they said in the past regarding some Lore facts could be bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Um, it's basically the great big climax of everything from all the stories in the game. I mean you technically could, but everyone with a brain, that it's basically over, nothing will ever top it, and it should have ended then and there.

Idk how you don't grasp this.
    It's only the cosmic storyline's conclusion. Not "everything."

But, ok. I guess I don't "grasp" something because you don't agree. All you're doing is just ignoring any other storylines going on to say that "the story is over!" when/if Azeroth awakens.

It's funny, like with the people complaining I thought the idea was fucking stupid that it's always "whining" when its stuff they don't agree with.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Calling for people to be fired is pretty silly. I don't think that was me (If it was that was stupid), I just don't think he should be heading the entire narrative division of Warcraft based on other things he's said and done and stuff like this.

They need some kind of person with an actual storytelling/writing background to keep control. Metzen KIND OF was that, even though he had no actual background in it, but with him having left for Overwatch, it seems like multiple people are throwing ideas into the mix, a lot of which are just out of left field.
    But Metzen is the boss's boss, so he can push folks like kosak and afrasiabi around to mold his vision. Opinions aside, he definitely was in control.
    Focusing only on this gaffe, the problem is with a trigger-happy post and not so much his qualifications as a lead.

In which Dave Kosak destroys the far-reaching consequences of the ideas that were JUST introduced in Chronicle Volume 1:

And with a dose of absolute cringey 4th grade writing to boot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._story/d1asbba

Just fuck it man. This lore is ruined beyond repair.

Edit: Four minutes ago, Kosak then commented this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._story/d1ay8en

This is the man responsible for the lore of this game. This is the man. I don't even know what's going on anymore with the lore writers.
    So I guess Twitter isn't canon either? I mean he flat out said his own Redit post wasn't canon. These guys are ridiculous.

I've said for a while but people like Aquamonkey and Friendlyimmolation stone me for saying it: The devs don't know their own lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Kosak fucking stinks. Why they hired this webcomic-writing dunce to stomp the lore into the dirt after Wrath I'll never be able to guess. Probably a sheer lack of ideas. Good thing we had Fargo and his le simply ebin xd outlook on writing to deliver us gold like Uldum. Welcome To The Machine is one thing, but, you know, this Uldum horse has been so beaten that its material is now freestanding quarks, so fill in the blanks.
    The story has been developed long long before WoW was ever created. You are just playing out the extended story, if you go back and replay wc2 and wc3 there are lots of things that appear which you probably ignored on your first play through that allude to why we are where we are right now. If that says anything, its that the story was always going to get worse as they tried to make it bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilllogicz View Post
    I called this last week. We literally are Azeroth.
    Also means that Elune is not Azeroth or she's simply the ghost of Azeroth if his rantings are to be accepted, but we'll see if this was all just ranting or what.

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    But Metzen is the boss's boss, so he can push folks like kosak and afrasiabi around to mold his vision. Opinions aside, he definitely was in control.
    Focusing only on this gaffe, the problem is with a trigger-happy post and not so much his qualifications as a lead.
    Metzen most certainly is the final say on these things, but from occasions like him no longer showing up to lore panels at Blizzcon to other people always, now, being the ones to discuss questions about Warcraft's story, to Metzen "joining" the Overwatch team (Which is an odd statement for them to have made sense he's supposed to be the entire company's creative director), it very much appears that Metzen has given reigns of the other franchises to people and is focusing on Overwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Also means that Elune is not Azeroth or she's simply the ghost of Azeroth if his rantings are to be accepted, but we'll see if this was all just ranting or what.
    Elune was never the name of the world-soul. Chronicle call it 'Azeroth' several times. And even though people saw this and still pretended that somehow Elune was the name of the world-soul, we now have Kosak directly calling the world-soul "Azeroth." I'm not sure what else people need to realize that.

But I'm sure the debate will still rage on and people will still try claiming "Elune" is the world-soul's name.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has not bought Chronicle yet, please tell me in a nutshell is going on? Did someone retcon something in WarCraft lore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Their wording mentioned 'neutralizing' the Void Lords - maybe by locking them out of the universe, rather than destroying them entirely (if such a thing is even possible). Azeroth could be powerful enough to create some kind of ward on the Void, preventing it from harming the material realm.

I actually don't get the sense though that the Void Lords are as powerful as the Titans - they can't leave their realm except for a short time, and they were unable to corrupt the active living Titans. They were forced to target nascent Titans during their formation, when they were vulnerable. Even collectively, the Void Lords might not be powerful enough to fight even one Titan.
    I had a similar impression in that the real threat of the Void Lords wasn't their personal power, so to speak, but more their insidiousness and their ability to corrupt possibly more powerful beings such as nascent Titans and the like. Unsure how the Pantheon or Sargeras and his Legion planned on combating what seems be an essentially carcinogenic and sentient wavelength of energy - like modern chemotherapy their approach seems to be to scorch the host (e.g. the physical universe) until the corruption has nowhere to manifest. Perhaps a new creation drawn-up with a natural immunity to the Void would be the endgame, but given that Sargeras is completely insane at this point it's probably a non-issue.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It's only the cosmic storyline's conclusion. Not "everything."

But, ok. I guess I don't "grasp" something because you don't agree. All you're doing is just ignoring any other storylines going on to say that "the story is over!" when/if Azeroth awakens.

It's funny, like with the people complaining I thought the idea was fucking stupid that it's always "whining" when its stuff they don't agree with.
    I'm not ignoring anything. Seriously. whatever. But we'll never see the story of Azeroth waking up, because of what i said, you don't have to agree, but it is what it is regardless.

You guys realise that if Azeroth woke up that would be the end of the Warcraft franchise right? So obviously it won't actually happen. Just like we will never kill Sargeras.

It's like being disappointed Luke Skywalker doesn't ever destroy the Dark Side of the Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

But...but... what if he (Azeroth) turned into a she because, first Aman'thul plucked a weed that was growing on his dong and damaged it, and then the NE caused a major explosion on the same place?

Edit:
    So I guess Twitter isn't canon either? I mean he flat out said his own Redit post wasn't canon. These guys are ridiculous.

I've said for a while but people like Aquamonkey and Friendlyimmolation stone me for saying it: The devs don't know their own lore.
    I doubt he is going to rule out Twitter posts, since those were their answers to specific questions. All in all, I wouldn't even read too much into his backtracking post other than "I screwed up, that didn't happen just now". Kosak probably didn't even think that his second post might have implied all reddit (and possibly other media platform) posts from Blizz employee could be non-canon.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-03-23 at 10:01 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    As someone who has not bought Chronicle yet, please tell me in a nutshell is going on? Did someone retcon something in WarCraft lore?
    A story writer revealed something we already knew but hadn't been spelled out word for word, people got mad because it shattered the illusion that something grand was going to eventuate. Writer retracted his comment, which you can take from it what you will, but basically is just him trying to appease the mouth foaming.

You have to feel powerful when you write a random comment on reddit and a thousand nerds lose their shit.