Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Hehe, well I'm just extremely organized in my head and a very, very quick typist. I also know how to find things pretty easily.

Also it's fun for me. If I want to reply to something, and recall or read something in passing that I want to use to help my point, I'll look for more information on it and learn even more about some detail, maybe from a different angle.

Three years ago, I knew a fraction of the amount about Russian politics that I do now, for example. To me, using forums as an avenue to expand knowledge is a worthy end unto itself.
    Although sadly, the moderation of this forum has gone downhill due to much more lax policing of conspiracy, racism, reactionary insulting and straight up shit posting. Might have to consider somewhere new now that MMOC gen OT has become more akin to stormfront as a right wing echo chamber. We have trolls and shit tier posters approaching 6k posts over a half year period telling other people they don't have lives.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Be like me, live in a late primary state that always goes blue, so no matter what you think you don't have to make a meaningful decision anyway!
    I live in Oregon. This'll be the first time in 30 years that Oregon's primary even matters! In both races!
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post
    Strongly agree. This forum has become a cesspit of SJW's. I would really like to speak about Physics or other high IQ subjects, considering a video game forum should have a large amount of geeks, but its all just people with BA's from some crap universities, trying to show off the latest words they learned, like that's a sign of intelligence, lol.

And you can't speak to them about the game either, because they find LFR hard :S
    Opposite direction actually, you post one thing that the pack of wolves deems to be "SJW" and you get assaulted by our resident 20 anti-SJW's within a few minutes denouncing you as a feminazi sarkezianist commie leftie welfare baby.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    How about the statistical probability of epidemiological issues following rejection of vaccine schedules by "wholesome parents" ?
    You could have just said 'why parents not giving their children vaccines is bad for public health.'

I mean this in a nice way, if you have to use words that you hope some people will not understand in a desperate attempt to sound intelligent, you are not intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, I will always try to change my beliefs to factually informed and true as often as needed. I'm always open to learning something new and sometimes that will force me to knowledge that I was wrong. It helps if there is actually information provided, and I usually stop reading a post if I can see "SJW" more than once per 4 lines of text or the word "cuck" at all. Experience has taught me that there's usually nothing to learn there, but hey, maybe I'll be wrong about that some day.

People like Skroe are fantastic at providing information that I wouldn't normally be aware of.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Although sadly, the moderation of this forum has gone downhill due to much more lax policing of conspiracy, racism, reactionary insulting and straight up shit posting. Might have to consider somewhere new now that MMOC gen OT has become more akin to stormfront as a right wing echo chamber. We have trolls and shit tier posters approaching 6k posts over a half year period telling other people they don't have lives.
    The amount of right-wing posting of individual incidents to try to paint a picture sometimes makes me think there might be a few paid posters. I knew an actual right-wing paid poster on a different forum. When he left the job he admitted it to everybody. Nobody has the time and patience to constantly scour small town newspapers for incidents that support their worldview like that. :P
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's kind of why they made the edit button.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I have come to realize that people are far stupider than I had originally feared.

Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.
    Do as Dr. King would and judge him by the content of his prose, and not the grammatical deficiencies thereof.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

It'll crest when Trump loses. This happens every Presidential election year, in most forums.

I'm of the opinion that most people are actually very moderate and measured. I do think however that from time to time, for everybody, they'll encounter an idea or a political figure that kind of takes them on an extremist tangent.

How many people are calling themselves "Social Democrats" now because of Bernie Sanders? Some days it seems like a quarter my facebook. But we've seen this before. My prediction? By September when the sting of Sanders' loss wears off, people will suddenly identify less and less with that.

And the same thing with all things Trump. Trump has brought out some very ignorant, empirically wrong, and deeply misguided beliefs out of people. I think thought that many of his supporters have temporarily lost moderation of themselves and their feelings because he's created an atmosphere that engages a lack of control.

We all feel very powerful, exciting things. And sometimes we call get ugly thoughts in our heads. It's natural. You know, on 9/11, when I was 18, for a while there I was ready for the US to drop the biggest honkin nuke we had on Mecca and make it look like Venus. It was entirely unreasonable. It just REALLY got me going.

In short, I really think that if somebody like Hillary Clinton... no let me change that. If someone boring and entirely undramatic... won the presidency, we'll collectively wake up after the Holidays and be like "well that was some bender we were on... the last 18 months..."

7+ Year Old Account
    It took a while but I learned (outside of a select few) this forum is really just about rape news, bad news, wow bashing, or Sweden.

So i use it only for WoW stuff now, as intended. And there isn't much opinion to be changed in WoW, I've swapped from a DK main back to a Monk main recently, but that's really it lol.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It'll crest when Trump loses. This happens every Presidential election year, in most forums.

I'm of the opinion that most people are actually very moderate and measured. I do think however that from time to time, for everybody, they'll encounter an idea or a political figure that kind of takes them on an extremist tangent.

How many people are calling themselves "Social Democrats" now because of Bernie Sanders? Some days it seems like a quarter my facebook. But we've seen this before. My prediction? By September when the sting of Sanders' loss wears off, people will suddenly identify less and less with that.

And the same thing with all things Trump. Trump has brought out some very ignorant, empirically wrong, and deeply misguided beliefs out of people. I think thought that many of his supporters have temporarily lost moderation of themselves and their feelings because he's created an atmosphere that engages a lack of control.

We all feel very powerful, exciting things. And sometimes we call get ugly thoughts in our heads. It's natural. You know, on 9/11, when I was 18, for a while there I was ready for the US to drop the biggest honkin nuke we had on Mecca and make it look like Venus. It was entirely unreasonable. It just REALLY got me going.

In short, I really think that if somebody like Hillary Clinton... no let me change that. If someone boring and entirely undramatic... won the presidency, we'll collectively wake up after the Holidays and be like "well that was some bender we were on... the last 18 months..."
    See Skroe, this is why you're my favorite conservative poster. Pretty smart, even if I often disagree with you.

Only thing I can think of is it gave me an insider view of gun culture and my anti-gun stance has lightened. Although there was no singular post that did that, it was just further evidence I got to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post
    You could have just said 'why parents not giving their children vaccines is bad for public health.'

I mean this in a nice way, if you have to use words that you hope some people will not understand in a desperate attempt to sound intelligent, you are not intelligent.
    Which word is hard to understand exactly? Statistics? Probability? Epidemiology?

Yet you get to bitch and moan about moderation without consequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Yet you get to bitch and moan about moderation without consequence.
    Would you rather people get B& for daring to mention their opinion of moderation strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yes, all the time.
    Pretty much.

The whole "liberal echo chamber vs right wing echo chamber" arguments are starting to get a little farcical.

These forums would be a lot less full if either were correct so basically as soon as you argue one or the other, you're wrong.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-03-24 at 03:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Would you rather people get B& for daring to mention their opinion of moderation strategy?
    Frankly the worst problem is the trolling. People have 50K posts of trolling yet are still here. Anyways I will stop with he moderation talk, I only brought it up because Endus' favorite superhero mentioned it.
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Frankly the worst problem is the trolling. People have 50K posts of trolling yet are still here. Anyways I will stop with he moderation talk, I only brought it up because Endus' favorite superhero mentioned it.
    I think you're verging on a conspiracy. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I think you're verging on a conspiracy. ; )
    Wrong thread to pull that card, this isnt a Hillary Clinton thread.