Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    The lady is truly disconnected to not know the ROTC exists on the campus

https://und.edu/rotc/
    You think ''camo'' is ''uniform'' ? (It is obviously to some degree, that's a given....)

BTW, what I said this. As a Canadian, I'm actually pretty neutral toward guns, since as a law abiding urban dwelller, I will never touch one or have one waved in my face. I'm not ''afraid'' of them. I just don't live in a culture in which it's normal to pack heat when going to the bodega (hint : which means pretty much every culture in the world)

However, unlike some posters, I'm not mortally afraid that there are several global conspiracies to remove my freedom, that this non-white guy next to me in the bus might be a terror bomber, that there are threats worldwide and that we need to elect clowns for the sole purpose of their pouty mouth.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-03-24 at 05:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    You think ''camo'' is ''uniform'' ? (It is obviously to some degree, that's a given....)
    Yes, it is. BDU's are standard working uniform in all branchs of ht US Armed Forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    people like this woman is why you should vote for Trump
    Agreed here, the worst part about it is that she's a professor so you know some of her bullshit is probably getting through to her students.

Bitch, fat bull. Communist. You look so tough by saying this to someone that you never heard of. So manly. But you are not tough enough, you have not added the obligatory comments about she is fat and lesbian. Everyone know you are not a real man if you don't label woman you never heard off (but you have to hate because they said something against Trump or guns) like that ! You are slacking off.
    Well I don't know about lesbian but all the other words appear to be valid IMO.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    The lady is truly disconnected to not know the ROTC exists on the campus

https://und.edu/rotc/
    and if school shootings didnt happen so often, that would be enough.

Yeah, we know the drill : all parts of the US constitution except the one about guns are for sissies.

- - - Updated - - -

They said ''camo'' in the OP.
    From the school's website.

If that with the fake guns is frightening on a campus where something like that is expected to be seen she is just a grandstanding idiot.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    and if school shootings didnt happen so often, that would be enough.
    Except she was told explicitly what it was and still chooses to ignore it and thinks calling 911 everyday is a productive use of her time.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Except she was told explicitly what it was and still chooses to ignore it and thinks calling 911 everyday is a productive use of her time.
    And more importantly the police officers time.

Yes, it is. BDU's are standard working uniform in all branchs of ht US Armed Forces.

What we call uniforme in French might means ''dress uniform''. I concede the point. But I don't concede that camo gear means automatically ''army'', hello Oregon LARPers.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think they bring their own guns from home because the article says they had to bring guns to the training from undisclosed location, so it is a reasonably assumption that the students have to care for their own equipment. if they were issued guns specifically for this exercise, it would make more sense to issue them at the training but ofc thats just a assumption.

since you say the guns are filled with cement, ill assume we are talking about a real gun that at a glance at a distance cannot be easily distinguished from a actual operational.

so basically we have some guys in camo with real guns (that you cant tell from 10+meters away are filled with cement) walking around. I can buy camo and a similar gun. how are you gonna tell the difference especially if i imitate their gait?
    Undisclosed location is the ROTC units 'armory', they don't use random peoples guns. ROTC units are know, so this lady has been living under a rock at UND or was new and didn't somehow realize all the students walking around in military uniforms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    From the school's website.

If that with the fake guns is frightening on a campus where something like that is expected to be seen she is just a grandstanding idiot.
    it's a civilian school i don't think it's very routine there.

seriously just put your guns in a bag when carrying them trough civvies, who you shouldn't expect to know better.

Deleted
    Why play war on US soil when there's never been a modern time invasion into the United States, nor will there ever be one? What are these drills going to accomplish? Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Why play war on US soil when there's never been a modern time invasion into the United States, nor will there ever be one? What are these drills going to accomplish? Nothing.
    If you think ROTC programs are just people playing war, you're truly ignorant.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    Undisclosed location is the ROTC units 'armory', they don't use random peoples guns. ROTC units are know, so this lady has been living under a rock at UND or was new and didn't somehow realize all the students walking around in military uniforms.
    again that would be sufficient if school shootings didn't happen so often.

Answer, there is nothing peculiar about training officer reserves at university, but I'm a bit lost about why posters who constantly use terrorists attacks as ''proof'' of imminent social collapse are aghast that someone panicked upon seeing camoed man entering an university....

- - - Updated - - -

Or, Brussels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    If you think ROTC programs are just people playing war, you're truly ignorant.
    So these drills that they're doing... They aren't militaristic drills? They're not playing war? What kind of drills are they doing, exactly?

it's a civilian school i don't think it's very routine there.

seriously just put your guns in a bag when carrying them trough civvies, who you shouldn't expect to know better.
    So you have never been to a school with any sort of a ROTC program then. If you did you would know exactly what the replica weapons look like and how they would be dressed and act. These young men and women aren't dressed like bandits lurking in the shadows with weapons draw ready to fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Answer, there is nothing peculiar about training officer reserves at university, but I'm a bit lost about why posters who constantly use terrorists attacks as ''proof'' of imminent social collapse are aghast that someone panicked upon seeing camoed man entering an university....

- - - Updated - - -

Or, Brussels.
    Did you go to the Bill O'reilly school of spin?

So these drills that they're doing... They aren't militaristic drills? They're not playing war? What kind of drills are they doing, exactly?
    I have actually taken an ROTC class during high school (wasn't my choice, was just dumb enough to not select an elective). Trust me, it has little to do with "playing war". It's simply a program that introduces the discipline and marching methods that are core for the military. You also get an idea of ranking structure, learn the phonetic alphabet, and so on. It's simply a way to introduce a bit of what military life would be like, with little reference to actual combat.

I have zero intention of joining the armed services, but won't call the ROTC course a complete waste of time IMO. Still hated that course though .

OT: Yea that teacher is a little off the deep end. I highly doubt those rifles are loaded as they are simply used for marching practice within ROTC. There is no target shooting nor three-volley solute being done in ROTC, especially at public school grounds.

If they are loaded, then there is the issue that can be rightfully complained about.
    Last edited by kail; 2016-03-24 at 05:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So you have never been to a school with any sort of a ROTC program then. If you did you would know exactly what the replica weapons look like and how they would be dressed and act. These young men and women aren't dressed like bandits lurking in the shadows with weapons draw ready to fight.
    Oh im sure that they all act appropriately and proper.

Im also sure one could buy a similar looking/exact same outfit, similar looking/exact same real gun (someone said earlier they use real guns filled with cement), practise military gait/mannerisms for a afternoon and walk around campus all day without anyone being the wiser one's not supposed to be there. (or at least go unnoticed long enough to get to where one wanted to schoot people).

the public is understandably on edge about school shootings so it seems reasonable to react to that as the military by limiting the amount of (real looking) guns you carry around in civilian schools/areas.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-03-24 at 05:40 AM.

inb4 professor arrested for abusing 911 calls.