10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Unrelated question, but was Metzen the one behind the story for WoD? Or was somebody else?
    Metzen is involved in every major story, even if ppl keep spewing the he only works on OW bullshit. Hes the one that says ''this is what will come next'' in every franchise so yes he was involved. His title - ''Senior Vice President, Story and Franchise Development of Blizzard''

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    No, it was Kosak.
    Wrong. Infact, Alex Afrasiabi is more in line with the story, he is the Creative Director.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2016-03-24 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    No, it was Kosak.
    Kosak's role in Warcraft's story is overrated. On the end of the day, he's more or less the guy who writes quests with the support of other people. Metzen is the ultimate authority when it comes to handle and approve the main storyline's direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Kosak's role in Warcraft's story is overrated. On the end of the day, he's more or less the guy who writes quests with the support of other people. Metzen is the ultimate authority when it comes to handle and approve the main storyline's direction.
    It's true that he doesn't work alone (obviously), but unfortunately he is the one that always takes all the blame for the story. People seem to hate him.
    Personally i don't hate him, i mean i find it ridiculous to actually hate someone because you don't find him good at his job. But i think that Blizzard can do better overall, to hire better writers etc.
    I had the impression that Metzen wasn't involved that much after Cataclysm, it seems i'm wrong about that.
    Last edited by Graden; 2016-03-24 at 09:09 PM.

It's true that he doesn't work alone (obviously), but unfortunately he is the one that always takes all the blame for the story. People seem to hate him.
    Personally i don't hate him, i mean i find it ridiculous to actually hate someone because you don't find him good at his job. But i think that Blizzard can do better overall, to hire better writers etc.
    I had the impression that Metzen wasn't involved that much after Cataclysm, it seems i'm wrong about that.
    I think they should hire a professional writer to come up with the basic ideas, with Metzen, Kosak and the like next to him so that their style isn't completely lost, and then hand them to the lore team to build the rest of the world around them.

They probably wrote Chronicles like that, because it seems much more focused and less scatterbrained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I think they should hire a professional writer to come up with the basic ideas, with Metzen, Kosak and the like next to him so that their style isn't completely lost, and then hand them to the lore team to build the rest of the world around them.

They probably wrote Chronicles like that, because it seems much more focused and less scatterbrained.
    All the people credited for writing it, are Blizzard writers Metzen, Matt Burns, Robert Brooks. Also too much stuff in one basket usually leads to a mess, I'm not completely sure I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus94 View Post
    Durotan shots comparison.
    In the newst one, the shoulders and chest really look real. Details and sweat are perfect.

http://i.imgur.com/FbnRHp1.gif

http://i.imgur.com/mcaU4Yb.gif
    Not sure if it's because it's a closer shot, but his lips seem to be moving more as well.

Deleted
    I was re-watching the leaked ComicCon video and thinking at how damn good the music sounds there.
    Does anybody know if that's actually Ramind Djawadi's score? Because as far as I know, he had already composed a big part of the score before the ComicCon released that footage, so it could definitely be his music.

It really sounds like a Warcraft score.
    Warcraft videogames (especially Warcraft III cinematics and WoW trailer) had memorable soundtracks, so I hope the movies have a good music too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    All the people credited for writing it, are Blizzard writers Metzen, Matt Burns, Robert Brooks. Also too much stuff in one basket usually leads to a mess, I'm not completely sure I agree.
    Isn't that the problem we have at the moment? That our only basket is Metzen?

If it were up to me, I'd have one writer per race and let their arguments make the history of Azeroth. But Blizzard won't hire 12 people just to write better stuff than Metzen does, so one professional would have to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how people see that Durotan shot that we got today for example, and say the movie has bad CG. Like what the actual fuck? You can even see his body hair, and the tinyest detail. Some shots are funky only due to lighting, but bad CGI arguments automaticly lead me to roll my eyes honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how people see that Durotan shot that we got today for example, and say the movie has bad CG. Like what the actual fuck? You can even see his body hair, and the tinyest detail. Some shots are funky only due to lighting, but bad CGI arguments automaticly lead me to roll my eyes honestly.
    People that want to hate the movie, will hate it no matter what. Just ignore them.
    The CGI looks amazing, i'm sure it'll look superior on big screen.
    Last edited by Graden; 2016-03-24 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus94 View Post
    I was re-watching the leaked ComicCon video and thinking at how damn good the music sounds there.
    Does anybody know if that's actually Ramind Djawadi's score? Because as far as I know, he had already composed a big part of the score before the ComicCon released that footage, so it could definitely be his music.

It really sounds like a Warcraft score.
    Warcraft videogames (especially Warcraft III cinematics and WoW trailer) had memorable soundtracks, so I hope the movies have a good music too.
    Yeah, the music in the SDCC leak was perfect, it's the kind of music that you immediatelly associate with Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    Yeah, the music in the SDCC leak was perfect, it's the kind of music that you immediatelly associate with Warcraft.
    I remember that just after the 2nd time I had watched that video I already had that theme stuck in my head. So epic.

THIS is what bad CGI is IMO and a lot agrees:
    http://c.fastcompany.net/multisite_f...hecgimummy.gif

Deleted
    I don't even care about the body hair and such. It's the motions and emotions in his expressions. The motion capture on his face is amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    I don't even care about the body hair and such. It's the motions and emotions in his face. The motion capture on his face is amazing.
    Now that you said that... I really can see Toby Kebbell's face here

To me it has always been clear to me that this is Toby Kebbell. You can clearly see his face in Durotan. The same thing also goes for Orgrim, even though we haven't seen too much of him yet, but in those shots we have, IMO you can see Rob Kazinsky. They have done very well capturing the actually actors faces!

Now on the other hand, how are they doing the voices? Is it really their own voices, just low pitched to match that of an orc? And I have also been thinking, will they do the same with that Blizzcon recording of "For the Horde"? XD

Deleted
    if ogrim takes controll of the orcs in this movie and move against the human for battle then yells for the horde and all orcs says for the horde, im gonna lose my shit it the cinema, gonna get so pumped

10+ Year Old Account
    Rob Kazinsky pretty much confirmed he would be Warchief by the end of it, so that's pretty much what's gonna happen. I'm looking forward to seeing him when he changes to green, that first image of him was intimidating.

Rob Kazinsky pretty much confirmed he would be Warchief by the end of it, so that's pretty much what's gonna happen. I'm looking forward to seeing him when he changes to green, that first image of him was intimidating.
    Orgrim? Didn't that first happen during the Second War?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Orgrim? Didn't that first happen during the Second War?
    It's likely he'll kill Blackhand and order the retreat to Blackrock Mountain, allowing the humans to evacuate to Lordaeron. Not Durotan enough to make peace, but not Blackhand enough to slaughter civilians.