10+ Year Old Account

Since yesterdays patch i can't see any whispers anymore.

Basicly the patch made more bugs for me then anything else.
    I can't see any whispers if i get whispers and i hear from alot of guildies that it isnt just me.

Any way to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I hear it's only an issue if you use the Prat chat addon. There might be an update, but if not someone posted how to fix it yourself.

\services\chatsections.lua line 354
    _G.BNet_GetPresenceID(arg2) to _G.BNet_GetBNetIDAccount(arg2)

\modules\PlayerNames.lua line 1357
    BNGetToonInfo to BNGetGameAccountInfo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    I hear it's only an issue if you use the Prat chat addon. There might be an update, but if not someone posted how to fix it yourself.

Prat? No clue what that is.

And what do i have to do with that code you just wrote?

OT: I updated all addons, it aint that.

They changed how the game client handles identity from a per character basis to a per account basis. I'd check for addon updates again in case anything you're using that does anything with chat got fixed since you last updated.

No idea why they changed it, though my tinfoil hat thinks it may mean character friends will become account wide or turn into bnet friends.

Prat is a chat addon. Other chat replacement addons are having similar issues. I believe ElvUI's chat addon is having the same issue.

Rule of thumb: If your chat is non-stock, find out what addon you're using to modify it and look for an update. You may have to run an Alpha version or edit some code yourself unless you're willing to disable the addon for a little while.

Simply updating your addons to the latest Release version may not be sufficient. The author may not have submitted a Release version, or the approval to have it posted may be delaying it's release.

Awesome. This worked. Thanks for posting Caladia!!!

Yeah, in my case the Chatter addon needed to be updated. I don't auto update addons but the author fixed the issue in the latest update. It may not be a chat addon specifically but something that's filtering names, something like altoholic maybe? An RP addon? I'd try to check for updates again on any of these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    Prat is a chat addon. Other chat replacement addons are having similar issues. I believe ElvUI's chat addon is having the same issue.

Rule of thumb: If your chat is non-stock, find out what addon you're using to modify it and look for an update. You may have to run an Alpha version or edit some code yourself unless you're willing to disable the addon for a little while.

Simply updating your addons to the latest Release version may not be sufficient. The author may not have submitted a Release version, or the approval to have it posted may be delaying it's release.
    I use elvui, that might be it! How to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I use elvui, that might be it! How to fix it?
    I don't use Prat, but I do use ElvUI and haven't had any issues. I also use WIM (WoW Instant Messenger) to manage my whispers which is probably why I haven't noticed it. If you're just using ElvUI might need to wait for them to get around to patching it. In which it hasn't happened yet from looking at the change log, but should be soon I'd imagine.

Try this in game :

/disableaddons

This forceably disables all addons then reloads your UI. If the issue disappears after doing that then it's one of your addons.

Also make sure Display Lua errors is turned on in ESC -> Interface -> Help. If any addons come up with a Lua error then seek updates based on that info.
    Last edited by bluspacecow; 2016-03-25 at 03:33 AM.

I'm missing a lot of Bnet messages are others I know, even when Bnet is up. I'm assuming that's patch related as some of the people don't use addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    Try this in game :

/disableaddons

This forceably disables all addons then reloads your UI. If the issue disappears after doing that then it's one of your addons.

Also make sure Display Lua errors is turned on in ESC -> Interface -> Help. If any addons come up with a Lua error then seek updates based on that info.
    I got elvui and it says i have over 5 errors, how do i fix it? Igot no clue at all at these things :x

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I got elvui and it says i have over 5 errors, how do i fix it? Igot no clue at all at these things :x
    Means ElvUi has issues in it's code it needs to be updated for.

So you should go update it.

If it still comes up after updating drag your WTF folder out of the wow folder. If it then stops the rebuild your UI. If it still occurs then post the error report to the author's addon page.

This is why you should never turn Display Lua errors off - it's like your UI is bleeding but you've turned off the very thing that can tell you where the issue lies.

Worse.Option.Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post

Worked like a charm.