Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    revan is one of the most favorite characters of the guy who was in charge of clone wars, and now rebels, and who is part of the council disney put together for star wars canon.

theyre making eu stuff canon bit by bit via cherry picking, its only a matter of time before revan becomes canon.
    I personally prefer that Revan didnt become canon then, becuase they planned on making him a sith ghost.
    Which would be against his entire arc in the Kotor games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it's a print money machine for disney.
    What I don't understand is how Lucasfilm only cost Disney $4 billion. Or Marvel, for that matter. How was Pixar (at $9 billion) valued higher than Lucasfilm and Marvel combined ($4 billion each).

I mean, shit, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has garnered over $9 billion in the box office alone since Iron Man came out in 2008 (12 total movies). And with the current slate of movies planned (another 14 through 2020), they'll almost certainly at least double that.

And that's just box office.

And that's just Marvel.

On a side note, what's Disney stock going for now?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    What I don't understand is how Lucasfilm only cost Disney $4 billion. Or Marvel, for that matter. How was Pixar (at $9 billion) valued higher than Lucasfilm and Marvel combined ($4 billion each).

I mean, shit, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has garnered over $9 billion in the box office alone since Iron Man came out in 2008 (12 total movies). And with the current slate of movies planned (another 14 through 2020), they'll almost certainly at least double that.

And that's just box office.

And that's just Marvel.

On a side note, what's Disney stock going for now?
    It's doing really great long term, but has taken a big dip due to subscribership in ESPN and other TV services dropping through the floor. While that trend has no end in sight, Disney's IP acquisitions have managed to smooth their profits and it's speculated that the shorter turn over on the Starwars and Disney IP will result in a steady climb. Some investors feel that the rapid turn around will dilute merchandise sales and fan interest, but that hasn't materialized yet.

So, while it's taking a dip at the moment from the failings of TV, it's supposed to be a good time to buy stock.

Pixar was steady quality and plenty of money, Marvel seemed like they were doing pretty bad on their own.

Lucasfilm was valued at more I'd imagine, but he just wanted it in someone elses hands to run with.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Lucasfilm was valued at more I'd imagine, but he just wanted it in someone elses hands to run with.
    And then, of course, Lucas donated that $4 billion straight to charity, so maybe he didn't push the deal too much.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

4 billion is a ton of money for an ip which pretty much boils down to an idea. Plus when you look at the money earned at the box office you have to figure production costs and advertising. Also nothing is a guarantee. One big flop can really destroy profit margins and investor confidence which is a huge part of the business. So their is always a gamble involved. Although Disney seems to be the ip revivers these days since they are willing to inject money and talent into things they see potential in. But another huge part of the deal is Lucus likely wanted to see his baby go to a good home knowing he couldn't be there for it forever. Disney has that proven track record. So end of the day it was win win for everyone. Sure he got a little pissy with some of the stuff because it was his baby and always will feel like his baby, but end of the day he will be satisfied although grumpy at times. After all he was always a man with great movie vision. Just questionable actor direction and a little personal vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    I personally prefer that Revan didnt become canon then, becuase they planned on making him a sith ghost.
    Which would be against his entire arc in the Kotor games.
    maybe im misremembering but im pretty sure in the episode there ws going to be a light side, a dark side, and revan who wouldve been in the middle of it all and they werent going to be real ghosts but representations of the force but lucas didnt like the idea of someone being in the middle so they scrapped him and did the force siblings thing in the force father episode
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    maybe im misremembering but im pretty sure in the episode there ws going to be a light side, a dark side, and revan who wouldve been in the middle of it all and they werent going to be real ghosts but representations of the force but lucas didnt like the idea of someone being in the middle so they scrapped him and did the force siblings thing in the force father episode
    Not really.
    In wookiepedia it says he would be a sith ghost with Bane.
    And that he would still be aligned with the Dark Side, something that would be dissapointing for me.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan#Behind_the_scenes

And even if the half-half part is true, I still would haev preffered a full light side, since it was said that the light dside is the balanced nature of the Force.
    Last edited by Romano; 2016-02-18 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    Not really.
    In wookiepedia it says he would be a sith ghost with Bane.
    And that he would still be aligned with the Dark Side, something that would be dissapointing for me.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan#Behind_the_scenes

And even if the half-half part is true, I still would haev preffered a full light side, since it was said that the light dside is the balanced anture of the Force.
    i was partly right,

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Son/Legends

the son was just a representation of the dark side of the force, so it wouldnt be a real ghost, just a representation of revan when he was part of the dark side
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Slashfilm: "Confirmed: ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’ Begins Immediately After ‘The Force Awakens’ Ends"

Exactly two weeks ago, production on Star Wars: Episode VIII began across the pond. An video accompanied the announcement with some footage from the set, showing a couple characters in a scene that looked very familiar to the final shot of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Many wondered if this meant that the film would be the first Star Wars movie where a large chunk of time hadn’t passed in between movies, and now we have our answer.

Daisy Ridley hit the red carpet at the 88th Academy Awards last night, and she stopped to have a quick chat with MTV about production on Star Wars: Episode VIII. The aforementioned announcement showed Ridley in the scene with Mark Hamill where she meets him on a mysterious island and holds out his old lightsaber for him to take. In the brief conversation, she confirmed what many had suspected about the scene in question:

"Me and Mark [Hamill] have been rehearsing a lot, and it’s really amazing. When we went back to Skellig to do the opening of VIII, it was so crazy doing the same scene with a different crew of people. He’s amazing to rehearse with, and I’m very excited to be doing the rest of the stuff."

As Ridley says, they’re doing the same scene with a different crew of people, which means we’re picking up right where The Force Awakens left off.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Deleted
    I heard this too and I'm on board with it, despite it breaking the trend.

Since i have idea where to put it.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/chewie-...ail&soc_trk=ma

Han shot first
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode VII will soon be out on BluRay and quality rips are now finally starting to show up on torrent sites around the interwebs. Maybe some of those people who seemed to have faulty memory about what actually happened and didn't happen in this film will finally get the chance to re-watch it and see for themselves.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Deleted
    I hear there's a deleted shower scene in starkiller base which shows Kylo Ren's 8-pack. I heard that guy's ripped.

Episode VII will soon be out on BluRay and quality rips are now finally starting to show up on torrent sites around the interwebs. Maybe some of those people who seemed to have faulty memory about what actually happened and didn't happen in this film will finally get the chance to re-watch it and see for themselves.
    And I'll finally get a chance to watch it in NOT-fucking-3D, which was the only thing my, one, crappy local theatre would show it in.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    And I'll finally get a chance to watch it in NOT-fucking-3D, which was the only thing my, one, crappy local theatre would show it in.
    Don't you love how they're forcing that 3D shit down your throat.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

As someone who likes Star Wars(movies/books) but not a hardcore fan like some, I enjoyed the movie as i did the rest. Although I can definitely see why people think they made Rey an OP character out of the gate. Her first time shooting reminded me of The Walking Dead where even the little kids were getting head shots like nothing. Her using the Jedi mind tricks to escape seemed to come outta left field for me. Rey knowing multiple languages seem plausible since shes a scavenger on a planet with alot of different species but arent Wookies kinda rare? So her understanding Chewy seemed weird to me. Her pilot skills seemed alittle ridiculous but I'll chalk that up to her being a scavenger, if she can work/take apart ships, im sure she'd be skilled in piloting. Had I not have known, I would have thought the Rey/Ren fight scene was between two barely trained amateur force users. There's no way Rey should have won against Kylo Ren, no matter how potentially strong she can get. That would have been like Anakin beating Kenobi when they first found him on Tatooine. Still enjoyed it though.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Is there something special you think about, or you only like to making sweeping accusations?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Don't you love how they're forcing that 3D shit down your throat.
    Pretty dumb, especially since disabled people with 1 eye for example can't can watch movies in 3D.

Deleted
    Gotta admit the hype didn't live up to the expectations. Many of the scenes seemed like repeat scenes from the original movies. SPOILER: I mean like blowing up the deathstar AGAIN?