Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Multiplayer - Whyyyyyyyyyy. Nobody played it in Doom 3, and nobody will play it in Doom 4.

Other than that, I mostly liked what I saw of the totally 100% legit in-game footage trailer. Not sure how I feel about melee kills (if the AI is as stupid as it was in Doom 3 then 90% of the game will be just melee killing them all for one hit kills), but they did have some fantastic animations.
    Not going to say I was in the Closed Alpha due to NDA but.....I am going to play the hell out of the Multiplayer

Also

Reminds me of old quake arena
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Please say that's not an official image...
    Dunno, but that's the closest thing i imagine when i think of Doom in 3D. The art style and colors are really similar to the classic and i'm reaaaaally ok with that. <.<
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Dunno, but that's the closest thing i imagine when i think of Doom in 3D. The art style and colors are really similar to the classic and i'm reaaaaally ok with that. <.<
    Except for the Masterchief looking armor, the bright green/orange colors on the armor, and the pink and whatever light blue camo skin on the gun.

I'm trying not to projectile vomic everywhere looking at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for the Masterchief looking armor, the bright green/orange colors on the armor, and the pink and whatever light blue camo skin on the gun.

I'm trying not to projectile vomic everywhere looking at it.
    It is custom armor. I agree that the one picked out here looks pretty ugly.

Also, Masterchief looks like the Doomguy, not the other way around. This is a common mistake for people who didn't play video games in the mid 90's.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2016-03-24 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    It is custom armor. I agree that the one picked out here looks pretty ugly.

Also, Masterchief looks like the Doomguy, not the other way around. This is a common mistake for people who didn't play video games in the mid 90's.
    Oh, I played the hell out of it.

I just remember it more like this

Or even this

In any case, despite them apparently taking away the worst of the shit brown filter I still hold very little hope for this game from the gameplay perspective.

They keep repeating on how fast it is, how fast things move and bla bla bla yet it's just slightly faster than your average console game and no where near actual fast paced PC games. And I tell you why, inaccurate as fuck thumbsticks. Those will never keep up with the speed & accuracy requirements of actually fast paced game.

There's just ton of gripes about the game. Indicated arena style levels, Doom never was about such level layout, it was later Serious Sam's cliche. Kill animations that keep taking you out of action rather than fueling it. Watching chainsaw usage makes me just cringe. At least they improved the demon aesthetics at least somewhat
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    The multiplayer is fun, i played it.

There are a few more elements now to it with the demon you can posses, they seem to be turning doom more into Quake MP.

Still awaiting next alpha/beta test.

OMG that BFG and I love how they only showed it just for a moment lol.

God I hope this is better then Doom 3. I hated Doom 3 due to its lack of ammo and just the layout overall.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I played the hell out of it.

I just remember it more like this

Looks like the Halo guy too me. It is just older 90's space armor which evolves over time. If you look at the halo guy in 1 and compare it too number 5 you see a huge evolution. Honestly, Microsoft should of given the Masterchief a different color from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

In any case, despite them apparently taking away the worst of the shit brown filter I still hold very little hope for this game from the gameplay perspective.

They keep repeating on how fast it is, how fast things move and bla bla bla yet it's just slightly faster than your average console game and no where near actual fast paced PC games. And I tell you why, inaccurate as fuck thumbsticks. Those will never keep up with the speed & accuracy requirements of actually fast paced game.

There's just ton of gripes about the game. Indicated arena style levels, Doom never was about such level layout, it was later Serious Sam's cliche. Kill animations that keep taking you out of action rather than fueling it. Watching chainsaw usage makes me just cringe. At least they improved the demon aesthetics at least somewhat
    The brown filter was the lighting in the first place so there wasn't really a filter there. However they did make the monsters more colorful. As far as speed, I have played 60+ hours of the Alpha and I can tell you that it is a LOT faster than pretty much every game I have played since Quake Live. Any faster and it would look stupid.

Also you don't have to do glory kills. I believe there will be a option to turn them off under settings.

Looks like the Halo guy too me. It is just older 90's space armor which evolves over time. If you look at the halo guy in 1 and compare it too number 5 you see a huge evolution. Honestly, Microsoft should of given the Masterchief a different color from the start.
    Wut, the closest similarity is that they're both green.

And then you totally ignored the Doom 3 version of the armor which bears far more resemblance to the original Doom armor than Halo ever has.

Also you don't have to do glory kills. I believe there will be a option to turn them off under settings.
    Well, that's good because i fear they would get old fast.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wut, the closest similarity is that they're both green.

And then you totally ignored the Doom 3 version of the armor which bears far more resemblance to the original Doom armor than Halo ever has.
    That is your opinion. I always felt that when I first saw the Halo guy, I thought (as did many other people) that it was rip off from the doom guy. Now we go full circle and everyone thinks the new doom is a rip off of the halo guy. I find it quite hilarious.

The new doom is trying to bring back the classic style gameplay. Doom 3 had pretty much nothing too do with Classic other than the names of the weapons/monsters and hell. It was more of a survival horror game that tried to be "Realistic" and scientific. The new Doom scratches that and inherits pseudo science, heavy metal style demons, and big fucking guns. That is why I ignore Doom 3 since it wasn't really Doom in the first place.

There's only 1 thing i do not like in all the videos i have seen and that was a comment about only being able to carry two weapons in multiplayer games, it was an old video if i recall and i really hope that is not the case.

Besides that it looks great.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    There's only 1 thing i do not like in all the videos i have seen and that was a comment about only being able to carry two weapons in multiplayer games, it was an old video if i recall and i really hope that is not the case.

Sooooo....you have to pick and choose the weapons that best suit your play style or the maps themselves. Big deal, that makes it more strategic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post

It is called Loadouts and currently just for Team Deathmatch and Clan Arena style. I am indifferent about it but it would still be cool to collect weapons from the dead. There are also power weapons found in the maps too.

The brown filter was the lighting in the first place so there wasn't really a filter there.
    Except it was present in about every single screenshot.

As far as speed, I have played 60+ hours of the Alpha and I can tell you that it is a LOT faster than pretty much every game I have played since Quake Live. Any faster and it would look stupid.
    Unless the alpha footage I've seen lies outrageously (not the marketing one at that), this is either bullshit or you've not really ever played any fast paced shooters outside of name-calling Quake Live

The chainsaw is through and through canned animation with no interrupts. How do you turn that off in the options?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

While it may be faster than most modern FPS games, which isn't a difficult feat, it is nowhere near where it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, the game looks more like Quake 3 than Doom 2 to me. I suppose it could take the place of the old arena-style FPS games, since there is shortage of those nowadays - but it hardly has a chance to become a true Doom/Doom 2 spiritual successor.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Unless the alpha footage I've seen lies outrageously (not the marketing one at that), this is either bullshit or you've not really ever played any fast paced shooters outside of name-calling Quake Live
    It's really not very fast at all compared to previous ID games (ignoring Doom 3). As I said earlier, it's a slowed down version of Quake 3 as far as multiplayer is concerned and the locked in loadouts are just 'meh'. Clearly a console orientated design ethic from the speed the game plays at to how many weapons you're allowed to have, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't know, the game looks more like Quake 3 than Doom 2 to me. I suppose it could take the place of the old arena-style FPS games, since there is shortage of those nowadays - but it hardly has a chance to become a true Doom/Doom 2 spiritual successor.
    The multiplayer side of it is pretty much 100% Quake 3/Arena inspired (Except slower and no run/sprint button (no I won't let that go)). The single player side does feel a lot like the old Dooms though.

Analog sticks are fine. Just because your bad at them doesnt mean everyone else is. You should check out console fps tourney videos if you think they are inaccurate as fuck. They require more skill and practice to master and thats why pcmasterracefanbois get butthurt.