Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by molvtv View Post
    My brother gets so angry about people using adblock, he's totally brainwashed by his favorite youtubers.
    yeah and those youtubers are bitching about there $0.0000001 per click they get, i hate youtubers who preach to people saying turn adblock off, and since youtube is owned by google i doubt the ads come from reputable sources, these youtubers fail to realise that the greatest threat to a persons pc nowadays is malware and ransomware, nobody writes or sends viruses anymore cos its alot easier just to embed a little code in a so called harmless advert to infect someone

but youtubers who just bitch like wah wah i want my money and shit obviously dnt deserve it and should do research before saying anything bad about adblockers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moomoocow83 View Post
    yeah and those youtubers are bitching about there $0.0000001 per click they get, i hate youtubers who preach to people saying turn adblock off, and since youtube is owned by google i doubt the ads come from reputable sources, these youtubers fail to realise that the greatest threat to a persons pc nowadays is malware and ransomware, nobody writes or sends viruses anymore cos its alot easier just to embed a little code in a so called harmless advert to infect someone

but youtubers who just bitch like wah wah i want my money and shit obviously dnt deserve it and should do research before saying anything bad about adblockers
    No one gets viruses from youtube who has extremely basic knowledge about online security. If you are so clueless you aren't safe on youtube you will be safe nowhere and adblock won't help you that much.

Youtubers deserve to get paid for their content same as you and everyone else does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    I turned off my adblock because of a few websites I frequented that were blocking me or something along the lines. Then i found my browser constantly slowing down, almost freezing sometimes, the amount of ads just pumped at you is silly. I'd whitelist mmo champ if it wasn't one of the worst culprits when it comes to bombarding your PC with brute force advertisements.
    This is by far the worst website I've ever encountered for that. Not a fan of adblock in general but in this case its use is appropriate till it is sorted out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    No one gets viruses from youtube who has extremely basic knowledge about online security. If you are so clueless you aren't safe on youtube you will be safe nowhere and adblock won't help you that much.

Youtubers deserve to get paid for their content same as you and everyone else does.

- - - Updated - - -

This is by far the worst website I've ever encountered for that. Not a fan of adblock in general but in this case its use is appropriate till it is sorted out.
    alot of youtubes content is complete garbage

Deleted
    alot of youtubes content is complete garbage
    Then don't watch it. If you do watch it, then you should support the creators by whitelisting ads.

You know, back in the mists of time (the early nineties), we actually had to pay for things if we wanted to watch them. Now you can't watch a few seconds of an ad. What are you going to do when content creators just get fed up with you and paywall everything? I suspect you will complain about that a lot more.

Sure, maybe they do. However I will never turn off Adblock for them or anyone else. I do not risk my computer's security nor do I want to sit through some stupid advertisement. I think that youtube person will be just fine without my fraction of a cent for viewing. If I felt I wanted to support a content creator then have a donation button so I can send them my fraction of a penny for my view so I do not have to suffer through 30-90 seconds of bullshit ads.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, back in the mists of time (the early nineties), we actually had to pay for things if we wanted to watch them. .
    You act like mute buttons on TVs or changing the channel wasn't a thing during advertisements. And in the early days of the internets the ads were of the popup variety, guess what people used to stop those from happening? People that didn't want to get bombarded by ads or potential security risks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Sure, maybe they do. However I will never turn off Adblock for them or anyone else. I do not risk my computer's security nor do I want to sit through some stupid advertisement. I think that youtube person will be just fine without my fraction of a cent for viewing. If I felt I wanted to support a content creator then have a donation button so I can send them my fraction of a penny for my view so I do not have to suffer through 30-90 seconds of bullshit ads.

- - - Updated - - -

You act like mute buttons on TVs or changing the channel wasn't a thing during advertisements. And in the early days of the internets the ads were of the popup variety, guess what people used to stop those from happening? People that didn't want to get bombarded by ads or potential security risks.
    As stated above, if you are being exposed to security risks by youtube, then you definitely shouldn't be on the web at all. Or going outside. You really have to be so dumb to get a virus through youtube it is virtually certain your computer is infected by multiple sources already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Making videos does not entitle one to compensation. Nor is any user obligated to subject their device to content they disapprove of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Making videos does not entitle one to compensation. Nor is any user obligated to subject their device to content they disapprove of.
    Yeah I get it. You don't think you should have to watch ads or pay for stuff and content creators should work for free. Guess what, they won't. The consequence of that is that you don't get free content. If that's the situation you want, fine, just don't whine about it when you get cut out of the loop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I get it. You don't think you should have to watch ads or pay for stuff and content creators should work for free. Guess what, they won't. The consequence of that is that you don't get free content. If that's the situation you want, fine, just don't whine about it when you get cut out of the loop.
    Sure, if you operate under the assumption that just because someone "creates" something, someone else should compensate them for it, which is pretty infantile on its face. But if someone wants to make money off of their "content", they can put it behind a pay wall and so the users can decide whether or not it's worth paying for. No one asked them to make videos. They created them and uploaded them of their own accord. The onus of "compensation" is on them, not the user. And those relying on advertisements as a primary means of income are doing it wrong anyhow.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-03-25 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -
    no youtubers dnt deserve money its not a given right that youtubers should make money, if you wanna make money get a job doing youtube is not a real job at all

Deleted
    Sure, if you operate under the assumption that just because someone "creates" something, someone else should compensate them for it, which is pretty infantile on its face. But if someone wants to make money off of their "content", they can put it behind a pay wall and so the users can decide whether or not it's worth paying for. No one asked them to make videos. They created them and uploaded them of their own accord. The onus of "compensation" is on them, not the user. And those relying on advertisements as a primary means of income is doing it wrong anyhow.
    I didn't operate under any assumption, I wrote what I wrote.

And please spare me the bullshit about what income model content creators should or should not use. It has been something people much smarter than you have been trying to figure out for years and I doubt you have the slightest idea what works or doesn't. If you did, you'd be working for google and being paid 7 figures.

- - - Updated - - -

no youtubers dnt deserve money its not a given right that youtubers should make money, if you wanna make money get a job doing youtube is not a real job at all
    If you view their content, then you should support than content or it will not continue to be created. It is a simple point that is really not very difficult to understand.

If you don't watch it, fine. Just don't leech off it and be surprised when you end up being paywalled.

Deleted

And please spare me the bullshit about what income model content creators should or should not use. It has been something people much smarter than you have been trying to figure out for years and I doubt you have the slightest idea what works or doesn't. If you did, you'd be working for google and being paid 7 figures.

- - - Updated - - -

If you view their content, then you should support than content or it will not continue to be created. It is a simple point that is really not very difficult to understand.

If you don't watch it, fine. Just don't leech off it and be surprised when you end up being paywalled.
    what gives u the right saying i should support them i do what the hell i want with my money i dnt care if there contents good or not

I use ad block, but I don't mind adds. I only use it because sometimes the ad freezes or makes it hard to navigate the site. If the adds were done responsibly and did not interfere, I wouldn't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    This site with its obnoxious adds that include LOUD video ads randomly starting whenever I opened a new tab is the reason why I started using addblocker.

That was 4 or 5 years ago and I'm never going back.
    This is the exact reason i started, my shift puts me home at the early hours of the day (late hours if you must) so my browsing is done with headphones on, first time i ever ran into one of those adds scared the living christ out of me. Had adblock installed within the next ten minutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    You clearly have the impression that because someone uploads their videos to youtube, that automatically makes them entitled to compensation for their "work".

And please spare me the bullshit about what income model content creators should or should not use.
    Frankly, I don't give a shit what income model they use. Nor do I give a shit if the one they do use fails. Ultimately, I decide what content gets pushed to my device, regardless of the opinions of pretentious content creators.

It has been something people much smarter than you have been trying to figure out for years and I doubt you have the slightest idea what works or doesn't. If you did, you'd be working for google and being paid 7 figures.
    If these content creators are so "smart", why aren't they working for google?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blocked ads:
    21 on this page
    984992 in total

I don't visit a lot of ad heavy sites as well.

This site was the main reason for installing ADBlock. The obnoxious audio ads that repeat themselves. So I couldn't have multiple tabs open without my ears getting murdered.

Deleted
    You clearly have the impression that because someone uploads their videos to youtube, that automatically makes them entitled to compensation for their "work".

Frankly, I don't give a shit what income model they use. Nor do I give a shit if the one they do use fails. Ultimately, I decide what content gets pushed to my device, regardless of the opinions of pretentious content creators.

If these content creators are so "smart", why aren't they working for google?
    You want to be a parasite, fine. I'm not interested in further communication with you.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that Youtube is free to upload content on is what makes it popular. This popularity is what gives rise to "professional youtubers". So, in essence, they take advantage of a free platform, with a free audience to make money. Now the need to spend money to improve their channel and content is the price they pay to keep their publicity increasing.

The very idea that you consider the audience leeching but not the uploaders is laughable. I'd say both are leeching from each other.

7+ Year Old Account
    You want to be a parasite, fine.
    Interesting analogy, considering that youtube is the host and that uploaders are the ones "feeding" on it. Anyhow, there is another alternative. I can merely cancel any video with an advertisement, which not only denies the creator of the thousandth of a cent they might receive, but also deny them the "view". /shrug

I'm not interested in further communication with you.
    Yay?

Watched a 1 hour program on Hulu and at the end, my adblock counter was at over 100 blocked items for that page.