Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Did the stat squish ruin 80-84 twinking?

I know, people hate twinks. But hear me out.

Last expansion, I had a set of characters at either 80 or 84, using the ridiculously OP BoE blues that MoP provided. I used to run random dungeons (Cata only), typically as a tank, and I had so much fun with it. They were cake runs, and so easy that a lot of times I could tank in Fury spec on my war. It was probably the most fun I've ever had in this game.

All of these chars were on one account, one I haven't activated at all this expansion. Like the title says, I'm wondering if the stat squish ruined the OPness of the MoP BoP blues. If not, I would resub this account in a heartbeat, but if they have, I'm just going to delete the characters and permanently close the account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    It did I believe. the difference in items is only 1-5 stats per item.

I'm sad that this is no longer a thing. Although I'll also add that it was definitely overpowered and cancer to play against if you were not someone that had the MOP 80-84 blues.

I had a level 84 destro warlock that would 1 shot two people with havoc->chaos bolt. Very fun, probably frustrating for the other faction. So overall, I'm not upset. The indirect nerf is OK in my books
    Last edited by Darmstadt; 2016-03-27 at 01:08 AM.

To be honest from 80-90 you annihilate anything that comes in your path ofc instances are a different question altogether. Other than that there really is no change from my opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmstadt View Post
    It did I believe. the difference in items is only 1-5 stats per item.

I'm sad that this is no longer a thing. Although I'll also add that it was definitely overpowered definitely cancer to play against if you were not someone that had the MOP 80-84 blues.

I had a level 84 destro warlock that would 1 shot two people with havoc->chaos bolt. Very fun, probably frustrating for the other faction. So overall, I'm not upset. The indirect nerf is OK in my books
    Blah. That's unfortunate. Thanks.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It was probably the most fun I've ever had in this game.
    That's kind of sad.

If you grab full heirlooms you are generally always OP either way during leveling
    You could get the same extreme result at 91 or so however, grab fully upgraded crafted gear which is wearable at 91, weapon and whatever pieces make you super strong, and get a similar feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    That's kind of sad.
    Why? Because I managed to find something outside of the norm to enjoy this game that you didn't think of? If you're thinking I'm talking about enjoying flexing a giant e-peen, you're wrong. I enjoyed it because not having to focus so hard on playing allowed me to joke around in chat, and I actually made a lot of friends doing so. Some of them actually made twinks themselves, and all we did all day was run Cata instances and have a blast. We weren't doing it for the gear, so no ninja looting drama, we weren't doing it for the exp, so no complaints about the grind. We just had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you grab full heirlooms you are generally always OP either way during leveling
    You could get the same extreme result at 91 or so however, grab fully upgraded crafted gear which is wearable at 91, weapon and whatever pieces make you super strong, and get a similar feeling.
    Yeah, but you can only wear three pieces of crafted gear. I thought about it, but the power level wouldn't be the same as it was in MoP. That, and I don't know the MoP instances (which I assume is what I'd be running) well enough to want to deal with them, Since I have never set foot in any of them.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2016-03-26 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, there was actually people twinking at 84?

Oh well, I have abused that market and gotten my gold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wait, there was actually people twinking at 84?

Oh well, I have abused that market and gotten my gold.
    Heh. I figure I came out about even. I spent a lot to get the pieces I needed, but I also sold a ton as well, having leveled 13 characters through it.

And I don't really know if twinking at that level was really a thing, it's just something I decided to do. I never did PvP with it (I had exp shut off, I've never once seen a queue for that at ANY level actually pop), I just ran instances like I mentioned.

Deleted
    I soloed cata dungeons on a 84 paladin

Last expansion, I had a set of characters at either 80 or 84, using the ridiculously OP BoE blues that MoP provided. I used to run random dungeons (Cata only), typically as a tank, and I had so much fun with it. They were cake runs, and so easy that a lot of times I could tank in Fury spec on my war. It was probably the most fun I've ever had in this game.

All of these chars were on one account, one I haven't activated at all this expansion. Like the title says, I'm wondering if the stat squish ruined the OPness of the MoP BoP blues. If not, I would resub this account in a heartbeat, but if they have, I'm just going to delete the characters and permanently close the account.
    Like PvP, Twinking is for just for sad losers in need of an ego fluff.

And like PvP, Twinking do no matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The closest thing you can get now is lvl 91 with crafted gear and mythic SoO. I have even heard of people twinking at lvl 98 or 99.

Another thing is that your high ilvl gear will boost the hidden legacy buff in instances (Cata content and below), so you should still be able to solo dungeons (and even raids in some cases) in twink gear, but it will take a little longer since your damage output isn't as high.
    Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6GB) | Corsair Vengeance 8GB

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It ruined more than that.

Did you know one of the best weapons for a 60 rogue twink is some level 31 vendor purchased white item? It's almost stronger than thunderfury for fuck sake.

Just look at this guy's weapons: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Death/simple

Honestly they should never have done it, there were better ways to fix technical issues without ruining low level content.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-03-26 at 01:31 PM.

who cares..........................

infracted, please actually contribute when you post.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-03-27 at 03:25 AM.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dechno View Post
    The closest thing you can get now is lvl 91 with crafted gear and mythic SoO. I have even heard of people twinking at lvl 98 or 99.

Another thing is that your high ilvl gear will boost the hidden legacy buff in instances (Cata content and below), so you should still be able to solo dungeons (and even raids in some cases) in twink gear, but it will take a little longer since your damage output isn't as high.
    ilvl doesn't affect any buff character level does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It ruined more than that.

Did you know one of the best weapons for a 60 rogue twink is some level 31 vendor purchased white item? It's almost stronger than thunderfury for fuck sake.

Just look at this guy's weapons: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Death/simple

Honestly they should never have done it, there were better ways to fix technical issues without ruining low level content.
    Uh...what? I dunno what that guy's doing, but there's plenty of weapons with better stats than that at level 60. Even if it was purely for the faster speed to proc enchants/poisons more often, there are faster swords with over double the damage range.

Why delete the characters if you are closing the account? If you are worried they changed things then you should realize they might change things again. I can't say how things were changed for that level range but I do know the strength of certain items have been scaled down at different rates then others. I know for a few of my alts that were not at the MoP cap i used older gear then what they had equiped because the currently equpied gear was now weaker then the lower item level stuff. This seems to happen to gear at the low or high of expansion level caps.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I miss twinking at 70 honestly. Even though rogues and DKs were pretty OP it was still fun despite that. I remember in wrath when there were so many 70 twinks it was so fun, I was in a guild with a lot of them and they'd actually go back and do the 70 raids as a guild and pvp together, that was probably one of the best times I've had on the game.

OT: Hardly knew people twinked at that level, but yeah it's definitely ruined by now. Most of the twinking days are over at this point

10+ Year Old Account

Al right, uhm... This is going to be a long post, just saying.

I'm a full-time 70 twink guild master on the live servers if that helps putting confidence in what I say. Anyway, let's get on with it.

Gear in general, whether MoP, TBC, WotLK, Cata or otherwise, is all indeed more streamlined. The difference won't be big, but Blizzard did know that. In fact, they fixed that as well.

I'll cover the PvE aspect first.
    An item's Item Level now affects your average dps and mitigation. This is calculated by average item level. Unfortunately I only know the base item level for 70 and 60 twinks. Anyway, here's the formula:

(avg ilvl)-(base ilvl)= x% Damage Mitigation
    (x)+((1/3)*x)= y% More damage done

This caps at a 95% damage mitigation, and the respective damage done.

This allows items from higher tiers and expansions to be generally better in PvE up to a certain extent. Personally not a fan of this, but such is the way of things. An example on how strong this is, I shall link you towards my main: The trinket (Bottled Tornado) is an item level 400, boosting my avg ilvl by up to 20 points. Don't mind the off-hand. Titan's Grip only counts your main hand towards the avg item level

Now for the PvP aspect.

Indeed, item level and higher level expansion gear won't be too strong any more. All gear is neutralised to a general same item level. This allows lower level gear to be stronger in PvP than some current or out-of-content gear. A good example would be a guild member of mine's armour set as he mains PvP in the bracket, opposed to me maining PvE. Note how Searing Words and the Aquamarine ring are used for his set. (Mind you, he is not close to PvP BiS, but he's on his way.)

PvP now in general allows for a lot of testing with old and new gear to find an absolute strongest level, but also allows people to find their own playstyle. Only sad part is, you can only queue with others who stopped their exp at said level bracket. Which of course is a serious shame, but those were restrictions invented from the outcry of levelers meetings twinks in BGs and having no chance. Granted, a bit unfair, but the restriction was a severe and I mean absolutely severe lobotomy to our community.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I miss twinking at 70 honestly. Even though rogues and DKs were pretty OP it was still fun despite that. I remember in wrath when there were so many 70 twinks it was so fun, I was in a guild with a lot of them and they'd actually go back and do the 70 raids as a guild and pvp together, that was probably one of the best times I've had on the game.

OT: Hardly knew people twinked at that level, but yeah it's definitely ruined by now. Most of the twinking days are over at this point
    Twinking at 70 is very much still a breathing thing. However I can't speak for the US servers, I can speak for the EU servers. There's a horde PvP-maining guild in Stormscale and an Alliance PvE-maining guild on AD (my guild).

If you're interested to find out more, just make a character on xpoff.com
    This is a site where twinks gather. The most active bracket by far is 20 twinking and 19 twinking (Because Free to Play). Also 29 twinking is doing decently enough. You can find out about most of the twinking there.

I don't want to bother you with a recruit message right now as it'd be an inappropriate timing but if you are interested (and play on EU) then please by all means send me a message
    Last edited by Shinela; 2016-03-26 at 06:33 PM.
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Uh...what? I dunno what that guy's doing, but there's plenty of weapons with better stats than that at level 60. Even if it was purely for the faster speed to proc enchants/poisons more often, there are faster swords with over double the damage range.
    Look at how the pure damage compares to thunderfury though. That's how close those two weapons are.