Poll: GO AWAY LFR!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    This used to be called "something to aspire to"
    Its a video game. If you want to play it competitively then fill your boots. I have nothing against folk who play them for a challenge. Most people play them to have a fun. Kill some time when you don't have anything that is actually important to do. That is why LFR and Mythic are in the game. Let people play it the way they want. Wanting to remove content you dislike but can avoid is pretty cunty. Funny how 97%ish of the player base don't farm Mythic every week but we don't have constant REMOVE THE MYTHIC threads. It is almost like most people don't care what total stangers do in a video game. Curious don't you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Its a video game. If you want to play it competitively then fill your boots. I have nothing against folk who play them for a challenge. Most people play them to have a fun. Kill some time when you don't have anything that is actually important to do. That is why LFR and Mythic are in the game. Let people play it the way they want. Wanting to remove content you dislike but can avoid is pretty cunty. Funny how 97%ish of the player base don't farm Mythic every week but we don't have constant REMOVE THE MYTHIC threads. It is almost like most people don't care what total stangers do in a video game. Curious don't you think.
    What you are describing is a single player game where what you like and enjoy doesn't impact other people, and contrary to what people on here seem to think, it DOES impact the way we like to play, and maybe not constant, but there are "Remove mythic raiding" threads and "Give us mythic gear without doing mythic raiding" threads............right Glorious?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Kinda the point, most people with LFR will not keep trying...........they "beat the game"
    Yeah no shit, as if they have a reason to try, you know you don't want those scrubs in your group.

- - - Updated - - -

What you are describing is a single player game where what you like and enjoy doesn't impact other people, and contrary to what people on here seem to think, it DOES impact the way we like to play, and maybe not constant, but there are "Remove mythic raiding" threads and "Give us mythic gear without doing mythic raiding" threads............right Glorious?
    It's almost like you don't think people are outside raids... It's an mmo, and you waste your time in a group of 20 ffs, call of duty is more of an mmo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Yeah no shit, as if they have a reason to try, you know you don't want those scrubs in your group.

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost like you don't think people are outside raids... It's an mmo, and you waste your time in a group of 20 ffs, call of duty is more of an mmo!
    I am not just talking raids loud mouth, I am also talking about easy as hell leveling, dungeons, "world bosses" etc.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Exactly what he said, but for an MMORPG? A lot, if you "beat the game" you are more likely to just leave which is bad for the company and bad for guilds who are looking for people, even if it isn't to raid.
    But you don't beat the game unless you beat it on the highest difficulty.

You don't claim to have beat civ on Chieften, or Prince. It's Deity when you can finally claim you've beaten it.
    SF games you don't claim to have won the single player mode on difficulty level 1, you say you beaten it on the highest level
    In resident evil, you don't claim to have won on easy levels. It's the hardest ones you say you've done it on.

etc etc etc etc

1980s, 90s, 2000s, early 2010s this was true. You start at lowest level and only claim to have done it when done at highest level. What is it about 2014 onwards that somehow the whole "Well done it on lowest level, done now." suddenly come in to play?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    When has raiding not been competitive? It always has and always will be. LFR is in a real bad state than compared to cata and even then I still disliked it. If you keep thinking the raiding should be easy and offer good loot without anything outside of raiding, WOW will not last another 3 expansions. The ilevel increase also closes the gap on the challenge of the raid. You could say in 1 month of the game the release of LFR is a nerf to normal or Heroic

I am not just talking raids loud mouth, I am also talking about easy as hell leveling, dungeons, "world bosses" etc.
    Because leveling 1-60 was hardcore man, omg strat 45, someone get this guy a medal!! Corpse run bosses, soo 1337 bro!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    1980s, 90s, 2000s, early 2010s this was true. You start at lowest level and only claim to have done it when done at highest level. What is it about 2014 onwards that somehow the whole "Well done it on lowest level, done now." suddenly come in to play?
    About the time you realize you have already done this crap the last 9 years.

- - - Updated - - -

When has raiding not been competitive? It always has and always will be. LFR is in a real bad state than compared to cata and even then I still disliked it. If you keep thinking the raiding should be easy and offer good loot without anything outside of raiding, WOW will not last another 3 expansions. The ilevel increase also closes the gap on the challenge of the raid. You could say in 1 month of the game the release of LFR is a nerf to normal or Heroic
    It's been competitive, but more than likely way past your commitment level.

Deleted

It's been competitive, but more than likely way past your commitment level.
    I used to work 12 hours shifts and whey were not consistent so in WOTLK I did make time for raiding whenever I could, commitments don't mean much, you either can raid or can't, there's no inbetween. If I couldn't raid I still would not enjoy LFR because I liked the game the way it was before, not now

I used to work 12 hours shifts and whey were not consistent so in WOTLK I did make time for raiding whenever I could, commitments don't mean much, you either can raid or can't, there's no inbetween. If I couldn't raid I still would not enjoy LFR because I liked the game the way it was before, not now
    I'm not sure where you are going with this reply, but you not wanting to do LFR has nothing to do with everyone else even though you worked 12 hours shits.

Exactly what he said, but for an MMORPG? A lot, if you "beat the game" you are more likely to just leave which is bad for the company and bad for guilds who are looking for people, even if it isn't to raid.
    Why would that be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    And as far as I'm aware you don't get better rewards for higher difficulties
    Can't speak for Witcher 3, I haven't played it, but most games used to stop at a certain point when done on "super easy no skill required infinite ammo god mode," and to actually finish the game completely required at least normal difficulty.

On to the other points people are now talking about. Some people like a challenge in their life, whether it's mythic raiding, limited ammo, less health, to real world issues like trying to cure cancer or solving a difficult math problem (no, i did not compare WoW to curing cancer, re-read last sentence if you think that). Some people like to take the easy way and coast thru things with very minimal effort. There's nothing wrong with either approach, people are hard wired differently. A man asked when climbing Mt Everest "Why did you go up there to die?" to which he replied "I didn't, I went up there to live!" to which the average guy sitting on his couch at home replied "Fuck that, Friends is on."
    People aspire in life to different things, and people are rewarded differently for their deeds. The guy sitting on his couch spent quality time with his family or if single maybe just really liked that episode, where as the guy on the mountain had a very unique life experience that he could share with his friends in stories and rhetoric.
    In WoW, it's no different. Some people want to be the guy on the couch and clear LFR and maybe a little normal and heroic. Some people want to be the guy climbing Everest with Mythic. Both have different rewards and feelings left by them and both fit your lifestyle.
    To the main forum question, no, LFR should not be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because leveling 1-60 was hardcore man, omg strat 45, someone get this guy a medal!! Corpse run bosses, soo 1337 bro!.
    At least you couldn't reach max level in 2 days max play, get completely geared in less than a week and then sit there going "I'm bored, Blizzard sucks", it actually took TIME to level and TIME to gear up back then.

Deleted
    I'm not sure where you are going with this reply, but you not wanting to do LFR has nothing to do with everyone else even though you worked 12 hours shits.
    What I'm trying to say is I never used to care so much about raiding before, I loved it yes, but it's not the only thing that's meant to be worth doing with blizz shoving it down everyone's throat

At least you couldn't reach max level in 2 days max play, get completely geared in less than a week and then sit there going "I'm bored, Blizzard sucks", it actually took TIME to level and TIME to gear up back then.
    Because: "Dude, you should come play wow with me! I mean it's going to take you like a year to get level 110, but dude! Totally worth it!!!"

"Ding 110"

"Hey man, sorry quit playing like 6 months ago, game is boring.."

"..."

I think Blizzard would have quit announcing sub numbers years ago if that were the case.

- - - Updated - - -

What I'm trying to say is I never used to care so much about raiding before, I loved it yes, but it's not the only thing that's meant to be worth doing with blizz shoving it down everyone's throat
    I used to love raiding, it really isn't that exciting anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because: "Dude, you should come play wow with me! I mean it's going to take you like a year to get level 110, but dude! Totally worth it!!!"

"Ding 110"

"Hey man, sorry quit playing like 6 months ago, game is boring.."

"..."

I think Blizzard would have quit announcing sub numbers years ago if that were the case.
    Yeah cuz you know, the subs weren't GROWING when things took longer right? And they didn't start DROPPING as things got easier right? Get your head out of your ass man, people were kept BUSY back then and weren't bored off their ass after a week.

look at it like this, you are playing a game, the difficulty is too much for you, you will turn it down, now you did it, are you going to turn it back up again? not really... Then, you beat the game! congrats, it was a fun game, now lets do it again on the hard setting i couldn't do before? Hmmm nah, *just stop here*
    Some may, some not. How do you, or anyone, knows how others play video games?

Yeah cuz you know, the subs weren't GROWING when things took longer right? And they didn't start DROPPING as things got easier right? Get your head out of your ass man, people were kept BUSY back then and weren't bored off their ass after a week.
    So wait, you are comparing a new mmo, vs that very same mmo 11 years later?

Corpse looting, perma-death, hour long corpse runs, and loss of experience on death used to be popular too, any game that tries it now fails. You act like games are just now starting to cater to casuals, when it's been happening for many, many years.

10+ Year Old Account
    So wait, you are comparing a new mmo, vs that very same mmo 11 years later?

Corpse looting, perma-death, hour long corpse runs, and loss of experience on death used to be popular too, any game that tries it now fails. You act like games are just now starting to cater to casuals, when it's been happening for many, many years.
    Final Fantasy seems to be doing well and it takes a long time, hell right about now I think it is doing better than WoW (and yes I play both)

Deleted
    Final Fantasy seems to be doing well and it takes a long time, hell right about now I think it is doing better than WoW (and yes I play both)
    It's a very good game. Crafting is complex and fun for me, but I still prefer WoW's smoothness of gameplay and combat. If it had that my relationship with wow would probably be over. Even their lfr will wipe you

Let's wait and see how well FF is doing in 2023..

Takes a long time, nothing to do with being hard, or not, it's a time sink, that is all.

Early WoW people were super helpful, had a fucking metric ton patience, and most people were all still learning. As time went on, the game was more demanding with rep, gear, mats, farming, gold, raiding, instance, and so on. In the end everyone looks out for #1 only, guild hop to 730+ then make an account on mmo-c to bash LFR.