Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Time to remove the 50 max toons per account restriction?

Time to remove the 50 max toons per account restriction?

Is it time that blizz removed this restriction seeing how they are adding another class?

I have 46 toons on my account and i know with DH it will prolly go to 49

Yeah i know i have serious OCD when it comes to leveling but why should i have to have this artificial cap? It makes no sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    nah keep it at 50. if u have fifty 100's you should have to stick to those 50 and dedicate yourself to them.
    Hi

Delete one to free a slot. You probably don't play the 50 of them.

yeah. you dont need nearly as many. They could restrict it to 20 to save server resources.

Deleted
    Just delete some of them, isn't it all about the journey to 100 for you and not actuall 100 chars?

and I thought I was an altaholic.

Deleted
    I would love to see that. I rerolled quiet a lot and also have many "fun chars". Dunno how many max level chars I had to delete in the last few years

Deleted
    I have friends who constantly level and delete. Just do that.

Or - seek professional help.

If you really play all 50 you should seek help because that would be hardcore addiction. If you just like leveling and don't do anything with the characters after they hit max level, you can just delete one and start it with a new race or look again.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

The only restriction I can see them removing is the 10 (11 in legion) per realm limit, but keep the 50 account. That would be the one that would make the most sense to me anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy second account, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    The only restriction I can see them removing is the 10 (11 in legion) per realm limit, but keep the 50 account. That would be the one that would make the most sense to me anyway.
    It's actually 11 at the moment, it will be 12 in Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    According to rumors, Legion increases 50 cap so this thread is moot.
    According to rumors, Illidan in legion will shit rainbow sprinkles

I say keep it because if you have over 50 you need serious help.

People who have that many characters must really, really enjoy their leveling. But at that point I think it wouldn't do any harm to start deleting some of those toons.

I'd have more use for an increased limit of characters per realm. The limitiation is kind of annoying.

Whats the point in making 50 characters? I think this number is too many already and I hope it is lowered someday... You can make 10 alliance on a server and 10 horde on another and lets say another 10 if you cant afford a transfer... but that's just it if your're a hardcore leveler.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    yeah. you dont need nearly as many. They could restrict it to 20 to save server resources.
    20 would not work, since there are 12 classes, to have one of everything, you would need 24 characters. 12 classes, two factions. I think the 50 number works fine.

I would rather have more slots per realm than more slots overall.

If you have 50 toons you are actively using, I would suggest getting another account.

You should be pulling in enough gold with all those toons to get a token a month for each account and still have more than enough gold for other stuff.

Who the hell has 50 characters anyways? Only reason i can see someone having 50 characters is because they're reserving names, which is stupid because most of the time they don't even use the name nor the character anyways. The only other reason is that you're selling gold...If it was down to me id narrow the character limit down to 20...