7+ Year Old Account
    They're going to have Diablo style mission type things in the world for you to do, we know at least that. I still have my fingers crossed for daily quest hubs like from mop.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There are several plans and practically just grinding for legendaries will keep you out there but tbh noone knows since we have no endgame testing yet and all the endgame plans are very vague
    Personally I think, that they will scrap whole endgame due to movie release and yet again they will release expansion with cut content. My thoughts on engame are Challenge Modes, Legiondary farming and Class missions just for professions.

But if I´m wrong, Legion will be released somewhere in August as a result of testing those things, what we haven´t seen yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draculla View Post
    Personally I think, that they will scrap whole endgame due to movie release and yet again they will release expansion with cut content. My thoughts on engame are Challenge Modes, Legiondary farming and Class missions just for professions.

But if I´m wrong, Legion will be released somewhere in August as a result of testing those things, what we haven´t seen yet.
    The endgame for legion is done pretty much once the questing zones are done.

Bounties literally re-use content with new rewards and rep tied to them, the only new content that will be added to the game at this point is the class campaign halls.

Pretty much everything else is a different form of something ingame ex: Challenge modes are dungeons tuned, different raid difficulties are the raids tuned differently, adventure mode is literally questing mobs grouped up into a UI that rewards things.

The end-game is literally the bread and butter of the xpac.

You could add the new CM type to warlords and still add adventure mode, the only thing different really is artifacts.

The class order hall missions will also be new I suppose...

But in reality most of the end-game is already built in, they just need UI's, lol.

Artifacts are mostly finished, profession quests are mostly finished, a lot of the class order hall campaigns are in (some not though), they've started adding class order hall talent UI (which really isn't much work, and will require us to grind class order hall resources, can be obtained from whatever they decide including aventure mode)...

Like seriously almost all the "new" content is in the game, the end-game is literally re-using it. Oh and Suramar, that's it.

Azsuna Suramar Class order hall mission table/campaigns finished, and the UI for adventure mode tested/finished....And tada! All the new content is in!

Blizzard kinda took a bare bones approach to the xpac, getting in what they know a usual xpac would have, threw in an extra big feature like artifact weps, replicated garrisons into a far better looking system, and then re-used the rest of their content in new ways not done before.

The illusion of content is real this expansion.

To think testing all this re-used content is going to take another 6 months is just foolish, i'm not upset, i'm happy they're finding ways to re-use things in a new matter that saves them time and offers true mmo content (grinding). It's a truly smart move on their part, do the bare minimum and make it last much longer (granted id say artifact weapons puts it over bare minimum, really, it's shaping up to be more like MoP in terms of content which is good)

10+ Year Old Account

Well do you want Legion to come out in late July?
    Could have 7.0 as more stuff added later on and have Mardum, and the other zones added with Saramur.
    Then the other zone Thal'something will be added on later as well. Well hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Well do you want Legion to come out in late July?
    I would rather wait till September 21, than have another WoD.

Like wait 2 months longer during Summer is better than suffer 2 years without the content.

I would rather wait till September 21, than have another WoD.

Like wait 2 months longer during Summer is better than suffer 2 years without the content.
    Dear god STOP Wod wasn't rushed and it wasn't the players fault for being "impatient" I don't want to have a fucking 15 month content gap 6.2 is 9 months old. Malganis went from a very high pop realm to LOW. They need something on live servers soon

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I don't really understand why people think that it's going to take more than three months to balance classes and get them functioning properly. Yes, it can get time to get some numbers right and make everybody happy depending on how much they value the community's input, but it's really not going to take as long as some of you think it will.
    because we're still not yet at the balancing classes stage??

Does blizz work today?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Does blizz work today?
    Yes, its not federal holiday, but March 31 is state holiday in California (Blizzard HQ)

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/cesar-chavez-day

So if there´s any build, they should push it till till Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    because we're still not yet at the balancing classes stage??
    What stage are we at then ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Stage of Prunning /Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    The endgame for legion is done pretty much once the questing zones are done.

Bounties literally re-use content with new rewards and rep tied to them, the only new content that will be added to the game at this point is the class campaign halls.
    They will use a system not yet in place in alpha (the bounty system). So while they will reuse content, the system which actually is needed for it to be reused is nowhere near complete, and it will require some time to get ironed out.

Pretty much everything else is a different form of something ingame ex: Challenge modes are dungeons tuned,
    Let's exclude the entire access and reward structure, neither of which is in place, yet include some new parts specifically designed for challenge modes.

different raid difficulties are the raids tuned differently,
    Yep.

adventure mode is literally questing mobs grouped up into a UI that rewards things.
    By that argument garrisons would've been done with UI design, and not needed any backend stuff to work.

The end-game is literally the bread and butter of the xpac.
    Yep, and the only thing we've seen so far are a handfull of heroic encounters.

But in reality most of the end-game is already built in, they just need UI's, lol.
    You can't say that, because without an UI you have no way to determine wether the underlying systems are in any form functional/implemented or not. And there sure is a hell of "UI" stuff used in Legion Endgame.

Artifacts are mostly finished,
    The odd part is, the talent tree/gem like progression have been working for several months now. The only feature which not neccesarily uses old, already implemented structures, i.e. alterating your artifact style, still is not implemented completely.

profession quests are mostly finished,
    Without level 110 in, you have no way to determine wether it's even fully implemented or functional.

a lot of the class order hall campaigns are in (some not though),
    That's something I guess.

they've started adding class order hall talent UI (which really isn't much work, and will require us to grind class order hall resources, can be obtained from whatever they decide including aventure mode)...
    It's a revision of the garrison UI, yet within four months of alpha it is still not completely functional. Yet you believe the entirely new, still not enabled (or more likely: implemented) UI elements and their underlying features to work from the get-go?

Like seriously almost all the "new" content is in the game, the end-game is literally re-using it. Oh and Suramar, that's it.
    Up to this date, mostly old, already established features have been tested. Most of the new system we have no clue about how far progressed they actually are.

To think testing all this re-used content is going to take another 6 months is just foolish, i'm not upset, i'm happy they're finding ways to re-use things in a new matter that saves them time and offers true mmo content (grinding). It's a truly smart move on their part, do the bare minimum and make it last much longer (granted id say artifact weapons puts it over bare minimum, really, it's shaping up to be more like MoP in terms of content which is good)
    It reuses art-assets, but that gives no indication whatsoever on how far progressed they actually are with the systems employed when reusing them, most of which are entirely new for this expansion. You really should check what "UI" actually means, it's most definitely not done with someone drawing it up.

I can admit that legion is bringing lots of Improvement. But That doesnt change me being worried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, its not federal holiday, but March 31 is state holiday in California (Blizzard HQ)

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/cesar-chavez-day

So if there´s any build, they should push it till till Thursday.
    I very very very very highly doubt anyone at Blizz is taking Cesar Chavez Day off work.

We are not at balancing yet, close, but not yet, we have some placeholder abilities and class iterations left.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    I very very very very highly doubt anyone at Blizz is taking Cesar Chavez Day off work.
    https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/about/holidays

Thursday, March 31 - Cesar Chavez Day
    All offices closed.

Deleted
    https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/about/holidays

Thursday, March 31 - Cesar Chavez Day
    All offices closed.

am i understanding this site wrong or do they have to take the day off, forced by goverment ??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Up to this date, mostly old, already established features have been tested. Most of the new system we have no clue about how far progressed they actually are.

It reuses art-assets, but that gives no indication whatsoever on how far progressed they actually are with the systems employed when reusing them, most of which are entirely new for this expansion. You really should check what "UI" actually means, it's most definitely not done with someone drawing it up.
    You can't argue with Vynestra he's the one that claims Legion alpha is already "feature complete" although there is zero evidence in support of this claim and a metric shit ton against it (hello whole challenge mode system for example). He thinks he's smart cause "7.0.3 flagging!!!!111" although that means nothing anymore since Blizzard has clearly changed their whole alpha/beta approach with Legion.

I'm sure he will respond with his typical ad hominem "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT FEATURE COMPLETE MEANS" "I'M A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER MYSELF THEREFORE I'M RIGHT ABOUT BLIZZARD'S INTERNAL WAY OF HANDLING ALTHOUGH I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT YADA YADA YADA!!!!111"

Some people just like to lie to themselves cause they can't live with the fact that their next fix is still 4+ months away.

Zones still missing? Class specs missing? Aritficate abilities not yet final? This is not balancing stage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    I'm sure he will respond with his typical ad hominem "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT FEATURE COMPLETE MEANS" "I'M A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER MYSELF THEREFORE I'M RIGHT ABOUT BLIZZARD'S INTERNAL WAY OF HANDLING ALTHOUGH I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT YADA YADA YADA!!!!111"

Some people just like to lie to themselves cause they can't live with the fact that their next fix is still 4+ months away.

well i'm a software developer myself and i can say in this special case:
    blizzard never did anything like normal software developing^^
    everytime they work on a game, they do it in their own extreamly special way....

Very unpredictable ^^