Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Well, I don't think any state but NM is getting Gary Johnson ads. No media coverage + that means he'll probably get <2%.
    From what im reading he's doing pretty well. double digit polling

I don't know whose winning but I know the American people are losing.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    From what im reading he's doing pretty well. double digit polling
    Huh, just looked it up. 11% in a Clinton v Trump battle, not bad. Though this part is what I'm talking about: "3-in-4 (76%) don’t know enough about him to form an opinion".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Huh, just looked it up. 11% in a Clinton v Trump battle, not bad. Though this part is what I'm talking about: "3-in-4 (76%) don’t know enough about him to form an opinion".
    He isn't the nominee for libertarian part yet and McAfee is making a Trump like push through the media.

https://www.lp.org/candidates/presid...andidates-2016
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    I don't know whose winning but I know the American people are losing.
    We're not losing this is entertaining as it gets.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Trump and Hilary

Check back in November for the winner.
    clinton will most likely be forced to drop out due to legal issues pending and sanders will get the nod.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    clinton will most likely be forced to drop out due to legal issues pending and sanders will get the nod.
    That bitch is going to jail.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

If I was to put odds on it, I'd say right now it's 55% chance Clinton, 30% chance Trump 10% chance Sanders and 5% chance another Republican.

Clinton wins if she doesn't get indicted and doesn't lose the popular vote to Sanders but get the nomination anyway because of Superdelegates, convincing lots of Bernie supporters to skip the election or vote 3rd party, and/or the Republicans hijack the nomination from Trump via shenanigans, pissing off so many Republicans and Trump supporters that they can't get people out on election day.

Trump wins if he wins the Republican nomination fair and square, the party ultimately gets behind him, and either of the above happen.

Sanders wins if controversy brings Clinton down before the DNC or if he does well enough in the popular vote that the Super delegates change loyalties.

Some other Republican wins if Trump wins the Republican nomination, a Republican runs on a 3rd party ticket ultimately backed by the Republican party and wins enough states to block the Clinton and Trump from getting 270 electoral votes and forcing the nomination to go to the House of Representatives, which is currently dominated by Republicans OR if Cruz somehow beats Trump AND Hillary has controversy that hurts her badly.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Lol so much misinformation it's hilarious. Hillary would be a great president. There is no evidence of her breaking the law (yet), and her history and experience are perfectly aligned with democrat/liberal ideas.
    Sorry but her anti-progressive stances, pro-interventionist military "diplomacy", pro-censorship stances, pro-TPP stance, ignorance of past social issues and difficulties, support of private prisons, defunding of social programs, support of the war on drugs, and so on and so forth. I honestly haven't found much in her list of past achievements that are solidly democratic, left, or progressive in nature.

She's a hell of a republican candidate though.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I honestly haven't found much in her list of past achievements that are solidly democratic, left, or progressive in nature.

She's a hell of a republican candidate though.
    But if you listen to her long enough, she'll tell you anything you want to hear. Isn't that great?

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    But if you listen to her long enough, she'll tell you anything you want to hear. Isn't that great?
    I guess so, but I'd rather have a president I can trust and a hooker paid to tell me what I want to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    Latest Poll Averages from RCP:
    Polls don't give the whole picture these days.

How many people show up, and vote is more telling.

Democrat turnout: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ote_count.html
    Republican Turnout: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ote_count.html

Clinton: 8,924,920
    Sanders: 6,398,420

---
    Trump: 7,811,245
    Cruz: 5,732,220
    Kasich: 2,805,211
    Rubio: 3,435,009

Total Republicans: 19,783,685
    Total Democrats: 15,323,340

Now the thing is not all the Democrats will vote for Clinton, it's why Sanders is so popular in Democrat states. Many have stated they would rather vote for Trump. While no self respecting Republican would actually vote for Clinton. However almost 100% of Clinton supporters would vote for Sanders. Sure the Republicans are fragmented, but they are unified in their hate for Women, Gays, Minorities, and Immigrants. They may complain about Trump not being socially respectable, but he is right down the Party line on it's issues, he's just saying the uncomfortable truths about right wing politics out-loud, which is why he is popular.

Clinton can't win unless the Republicans can get Cruz or Kasich the Nomination. Basically, voter turnout will sink her in every state accept the always a Democrat states. And I'm not sure that she can win California in a Presidential Race against Trump. See 1980 & 1984 election results. If Sanders won the Democrats, he would beat Trump, although he would have a hostile house for his term, and I think he'd only be a 4 year President. Trump gets in he's 8 years, and a global war. Clinton, if she got in she would stay for 8, and would be constantly unpopular, but she would get the most done, only because the money who pays her also pays Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Clinton, if she got in she would stay for 8, and would be constantly unpopular, but she would get the most done, only because the money who pays her also pays Republicans.
    Can anyone tell me what Hillary really intends to get done, other than getting elected?

We know she isn't going to undertake actual political or economic reform. She isn't going to fight for a minimum wage increase or closing tax loop holes, free college or health care reform.

What is the platform she's actually campaigning on, other than political "I'll do less damage than a Republican" pragmatism, if that's what you can even call it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Can anyone tell me what Hillary really intends to get done, other than getting elected?

We know she isn't going to undertake actual political or economic reform. She isn't going to fight for a minimum wage increase or closing tax loop holes, free college or health care reform.

What is the platform she's actually campaigning on, other than political "I'll do less damage than a Republican" pragmatism, if that's what you can even call it?
    Maintain the current system, one or two seemingly meaningful gestures towards minorities, which cause more problems than help, not legalize Marijuana, not end the War on Drugs, lower the Defense budget, while having them remain busy doing the Oil industries bidding. Basically same as every other Modern Democrat president so far. Trump on the other hand will start a war, do nothing socially, make some cuts in Government programs that help society, while giving the Rich more tax loop holes which help him a lot. Cruz will try and overturn the 1st amendment, and change the constitution into a Theocratic system. Sanders will try and improve the nation, but will face opposition from the powers that be at every turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary is almost a certainty, provided nothing comes from the server investigation.

The republicans path to the White House wasnt good to begin with what with the electoral map the way it is, even more so when you consider they get waxed in African American, Hispanic, Asian, LGBT, and to a lesser extent women's votes. Couple all that with Trump, easily the most derisive GOP nominee in modern history and well I think the GOP defeat could shape up into biggest beat down in a generation.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Hillary is almost a certainty, provided nothing comes from the server investigation.
    I doubt she could win California, I live in LA, the one place she has any popularity, and I bet she wouldn't win LA County, yet alone the state. Out west with white Liberals, and nonconformists she is seen as just like all the Republicans. We don't want her in office.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt she could win California, I live in LA, the one place she has any popularity, and I bet she wouldn't win LA County, yet alone the state. Out west with white Liberals, and nonconformists she is seen as just like all the Republicans. We don't want her in office.
    I get she's generally unlikable, is basically the poster child for political expediency, and represents the establishment. But compared to Trump or Cruz, she'll win in a landslide.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    You should read Mein Trumph then.
    coming soon to a bookstore near you!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I get she's generally unlikable, is basically the poster child for political expediency, and represents the establishment. But compared to Trump or Cruz, she'll win in a landslide.
    Cruz yes, he's just like her, but even less liked. Against Trump, not a chance. He's on a popularity wave, and could win against most at this point. Only Sanders could beat him, by being honest, and nice. And even then I'd say it would be a close race. Clinton's only hope is if the Republicans force Cruz to be the nomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cruz yes, he's just like her, but even less liked. Against Trump, not a chance. He's on a popularity wave, and could win against most at this point. Only Sanders could beat him, by being honest, and nice. And even then I'd say it would be a close race. Clinton's only hope is if the Republicans force Cruz to be the nomination.
    I believe you're grossly over estimating Trumps appeal to anyone beside high school educated white men. I mean, of course he has some fans that are black, Hispanic, etc... But those voting blocs aren't exact flocking to him. Not to mention the GOP is eating itself alive and will likely hemorrhage voters to the Dems, even if it's Hillary.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect