Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm interested in getting a founders pack, I only played a bit back in November but I just want to make sure this game isn't going to end up P2W like buying gear and stuff? I'm fine with XP boosts and all that jazz.

I'm all hyped up. Sadly I won't have much time tomorrow, but I'll catch you online if I can

Supposedly no P2W elements in the shop. ($10 won't break your balls though, even if they break their promise).

Deleted
    I'm interested too but at the same time.... do I even have enough time for this game? Seems like, in contrast to KToS, they rely more on openfield grinding, which is extremely slow. (they reduced the amount of dungeons you can run each day, didn't they?)
    10€/$ won't hurt me, but at the same time, wasting it is still wasting it :/

I'm pretty sure by the time they release F2P servers, I don't want to "join" anymore

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I'm interested too but at the same time.... do I even have enough time for this game? Seems like, in contrast to KToS, they rely more on openfield grinding, which is extremely slow. (they reduced the amount of dungeons you can run each day, didn't they?)
    10€/$ won't hurt me, but at the same time, wasting it is still wasting it :/

I'm pretty sure by the time they release F2P servers, I don't want to "join" anymore
    I see your points, but imho it doesn't matter how much time it takes to reach the "end" because it's not a race against anything.

Also: if you can farm in party. Grouping up is immensely more rewarding in terms of XP.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Yeah it is... it just doesn't look like a game I could play "on my own" ... and I don't think I'm able to convince my gaming-buddies to start this one with me.
    Grinding has to be done with friends, because repetiveness goes away if you trash-talk and do stupid shit.

But man... I want to fill empty bars... and advance my character.... shi~~~t. The game is more or less all about class/skill building for me.

Cant wait got my funders waiting for the game to go live, me and some of my WoW guild buddyw ill be leveling together.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Also just a little tip; It seems the patchnotes have finally been worked into the skill calculator. For example the Linker's "Hangmans Knot" is now a bind of 3 seconds at skill level 10, 2 at level 5. (Which is a pretty hefty nerf)

Hello, Saviors.

We regretfully bring you the news that due to some technical difficulties that occurred while trying to get our servers up, the launch is getting delayed a bit. It seems that the recovery process would take about 4 hours, but we will open the servers as soon as the issues get resolved.
    Once the server issue is fixed, we'll release the open announcement and remove this notice.

Again, please accept our apologies for the unfortunate event. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Sincerely,
    IMC Staff
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-03-29 at 06:33 AM.

@KrayZee: agree completely - playing with friends is 10000% better, especially in a grindy game like ToS.

For the rest, the delay isn't an issue since i'll be able to log in tonight at best XD

EDIT: i need to recheck my build and see if some core skill i have chosen has changed dramatically.

The patchnotes;
    Greetings, Saviors.

Here are the patch details that will be applied when we first start our service on Steam.

The following changes have been made:

[General Contents]

Obtain rate for free TP increased to 1 TP per 4 hours
    Prices for items in the TP shop have been changed
    Check the in-game shop for more details
    Normal Missions and Instanced Dungeons can be entered twice
    Legwyn Family Dungeon Monster Silver Drop Rate Reduced
    Reward rate adjusted for the Collapsed Legwyn Family Mansion Gimmick mysterious box
    Complete the Mysterious Box of the Collapsed Legwyn Family Mansion Gimmick
    Reduced silver drop rate for the Prisoned Tree Monster
    Cat Ear Item
    No longer obtainable as an item
    Treasure chests now drop it as a recipe
    Obtainable from treasure chests in the Absemta Reservoir region
    Recipe - Cat Ear crafting ingredients have been changed
    51 Chupaluka Fur items
    Team name is unique across all servers.
    You may not have the same Team name on multiple servers.

[Skill Related]

Highlander
    Skyliner
    15 sec cooldown time after using the skill 3 times instead of the original cooldown time
    Barbarian
    Stomping Kick
    AoE attack ratio changed to match with what is written in the tooltip
    Doppelsoeldner
    Cyclone
    Skill sustain time changed from 2 sec + lv * 0.5 sec to 2.5 sec + lv * 0.3 sec
    Ranger
    Steady Aim
    Skill sustain time decreased from 15 sec to 10 sec
    Linker
    Physical Link
    Physical Link cooldown time increased from 20 sec to 22 sec
    Joint Penalty
    Joint Penalty cooldown time increased from 15 sec to 22 sec
    Hangman's Knot
    Hangman's Knot cooldown time increased from 10 sec to 15 sec
    Changed the Trap debuff time for monsters targeted with Hangman's Knot from the original lv * sec to 1 sec + lv * 0.2 sec
    Elementalist
    Frost Cloud
    AoE attack ratio for Frost Cloud changed to be base 10 + skill lv
    Sadhu
    Astral Body Explosion
    10 + AoE attack ratio applied for Astral Body Explosion

We realize that there are many different views on what is deemed balanced and what is not. These decisions have been made based off of information we obtained through our service in Korea. We will be making further observations from our Steam service and there will be more balance adjustments further down the line.

Sincerely,
    IMC Staff
    Slightly uncomfortable with the phrasing of the cash shop changes...
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-03-29 at 07:19 AM.

Well, nothing new for me

Side note: if anyone is willing to join the "cold and vespian doing stuff and talking about ToS" discord channel and for some reason the link in sing doesn't work, PM me here and i'll send you a new link.

Deleted
    The first negative review on steam. What do you people that played it think about it?
    I was quite interested in this game, but the review makes a couple of points that make me question whether the game is for me:

- 80 classes, but the earlier classes are much weaker than the later classes, reducing the 'freedom of choice'
    - very linear progression. Everyone has to do exactly the same content in order to level up and get through the game. No 'free-roam'.
    - Waiting for spawns with many other people

What do you think of these points. The replies to that review on steam are hardly what I would call intelligent, so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks

Hey... does anyone know a good summoner build ? (so mage base class).

Cheers

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    The first negative review on steam. What do you people that played it think about it?
    I was quite interested in this game, but the review makes a couple of points that make me question whether the game is for me:

- 80 classes, but the earlier classes are much weaker than the later classes, reducing the 'freedom of choice'
    - very linear progression. Everyone has to do exactly the same content in order to level up and get through the game. No 'free-roam'.

What do you think of these points. The replies to that review on steam are hardly what I would call intelligent, so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks
    There aren't actually 80 classes in the game right now I think, 4*9 maybe, right now and yeah, choice is limited, though I don't understand what is meant by "earlier classes are much weaker". This is not entirely true ,since earlier classes offer unique utility. In fact, that's mostly the point of it, making combinations. But, on the other hand yeah, early classes are much weaker in comparison, though the point of it, I guess, is the fact that you'll have many large-ish cooldowns, which you can fill with older less powerful abilities. And obviously they still scale with your MATK.

You are limited to a certain path, because from Wizard, you get 3 follow-up choices, then you get a few more, until you unlocked all choices. Early game, that means you'll see many of the same classes running around, but later on they'll start to diversify. Most of them will flow into pre-calculated cookiecutter builds, which will inevitably happen, but there's many more options to explore. That said, I have yet to decide a build and it's a few hours away from founders-launch.

The game is linear. Too linear in my opinion and it's a dangerous type of linearity. That said, the so-called "choice"in iRO, wasn't actually choice either. Did you not farm Toy Factory for 10 levels? Did you not pick a good leveling spot on grasshoppers? Choice is relative, even in a so-called open world game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    There aren't actually 80 classes in the game right now I think, 4*9 maybe, right now and yeah, choice is limited, though I don't understand what is meant by "earlier classes are much weaker". This is not entirely true ,since earlier classes offer unique utility. In fact, that's mostly the point of it, making combinations. But, on the other hand yeah, early classes are much weaker in comparison, though the point of it, I guess, is the fact that you'll have many large-ish cooldowns, which you can fill with older less powerful abilities. And obviously they still scale with your MATK.

You are limited to a certain path, because from Wizard, you get 3 follow-up choices, then you get a few more, until you unlocked all choices. Early game, that means you'll see many of the same classes running around, but later on they'll start to diversify. Most of them will flow into pre-calculated cookiecutter builds, which will inevitably happen, but there's many more options to explore. That said, I have yet to decide a build and it's a few hours away from founders-launch.

The game is linear. Too linear in my opinion and it's a dangerous type of linearity. That said, the so-called "choice"in iRO, wasn't actually choice either. Did you not farm Toy Factory for 10 levels? Did you not pick a good leveling spot on grasshoppers? Choice is relative, even in a so-called open world game.
    Thanks for the response. I've never played RO so I can't compare it unfortunately. I've only played WoW, TERA, RIFT, EVE and GW2 as far as MMO's go. Do you think this game would be fun as a two player coop with no intention of getting in to 'endgame'? Was thinking of picking this up for me and my GF to quest through together.

Thanks for the response. I've never played RO so I can't compare it unfortunately. I've only played WoW, TERA, RIFT, EVE and GW2 as far as MMO's go. Do you think this game would be fun as a two player coop with no intention of getting in to 'endgame'? Was thinking of picking this up for me and my GF to quest through together.
    I think so, but who can say for sure. Just keep in mind that;
    > Regardless of its cute character, it's still a grinder (though has party bonuses that far outweigh solo-play (to my detriment)).
    > It ís linear.
    > End-Game is irrelevant to me personally and I don't think there are open pvp areas, so it'll be you against the environment.
    > Start now (few h) for ~2x$10 or start next month, for free.

To me it embodies a part of the spirit of RO, which is why I want to play. Without that sentiment, you'll have to objectively form your opinion on it. The first few levels will be easy and you'll get a grasp of what it is. Don't play for the story, because that's on par with a random Chinese mobile cash-shop 'RPG' :P

One advice that I can give you:
    Grinding becomes easier when you have more abilities. Taking Wizard C1 and C2 (becoming a wizard and then again choosing wizard) will be a painful experience, because you literally only gain one extra spell, that does nothing for you DPS-wise. So pre-plan a build you think you like, but try to mix it up as early as you can. Unless you desperately want Wizard C3. In that case, make sure one of you can deal damage
    http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/

All of that is less relevant if you take a class that has a high auto-attack output.

- - - Updated - - -

Also;

I'm going to pick Orsha as my home server I think. Klaipeda sounds like a sexually transmitted disease.;
    Klaipeda
    Orsha
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-03-29 at 08:32 AM.

I'm going to pick Orsha as my home server I think. Klaipeda sounds like a sexually transmitted disease.;
    Klaipeda
    Orsha
    So you're going to play with BR? I choose Klaipedia for that reason XD

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks
    Well, this is an old school RO-like grinder pretty much. Farming and more farming to level up and unlock more classes - that's it. That's the reason i like it, i liked the beta and decided for the early access.

I have no other reason really, long time grinder that i can jump in and out without worrying much about it. If people pretended it to be like a modern MMO, well they're wrong

EDIT: i mean, lots of negative reviews are "doesn't load" "delay" "nope". I can agree with people talking about the questline being too linear and such, i can partially agree with some combo being useless (i mean that these combo exist but i hope they're going to be fixed) i agree totally that trading in this game completely sucks even if you pay with the premium token.

But when people talk about "lots of grinding" and "competing with others for mob spawns" well, i don't think they looked at the right game.

If i have fun, it's fine for me. Couldn't care less about how many people play it.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-03-29 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Hello community!

so i've been googling my rear end off and i havent been able to find anything regarding what makes this mmo unique (well the visuals for starters).

Can someone please tell me the main features that set it apart from the rest?
    The main unique features/selling points.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    So you're going to play with BR? I choose Klaipedia for that reason XD
    Wait what? That one is BR? Goddamn...STD it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    Hello community!

so i've been googling my rear end off and i havent been able to find anything regarding what makes this mmo unique (well the visuals for starters).

Can someone please tell me the main features that set it apart from the rest?
    The main unique features/selling points.

Thanks!
    Nostalgia. Heavy grind. Art style. Class system.

Anyway all completely personal. You can wait until 29th of april so it's f2p and you're not missing anything without spending a dime.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait what? That one is BR? Goddamn...STD it is.
    hehe linky linky

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I like STD, I like it, it's fine, I'm cool. ..

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in. I wasn't allowed to make my family name Vespianus, because anus, so Vespianer :P

Meet Oyxopolis Vespianer.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-03-29 at 10:02 AM.