Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Sure you can see her butt, but she's showing her back to the person she just whipped, like "you are so weak I can show you my back without fear of any feeble attack you may attemp". It's a victory pose. When you walk down the street is everyone in front of you making a sexual pose at you? Give me a break.
    If everyones pants have ridden up their crack like that then yeah, it would be pretty sexual.

The real problem is not the pose itself really.
    It's 'meh' and is not important at all. It doesn't bring any 'character' into Tracer and if it is replaced with something more fitting and FUN I don't mind.
    The actual problem is two fold.
    First, Blizzard actually showed, that bad PR that could have been escalated out of this by specific media is a weapon to be reckoned with, which will encourage more people getting offended over something and demanding it's removal, and, quite probably, harming the artistic direction of the product in the process. Yes, removal of the pose doesn't mean anything. But the precedent it creates may lead to more removals and cuts that may b, actually important.
    Second, it creates a problem withing the fanbase itself, when such minor things as a pose subjectively not fitting a character, gets more developer attention, than actual problems in Blizzard products.
    I have to admit, Overwatch devs were far more vocal and attentive to the community than, for example, WoW's (I'm looking at you Holy Paladin designers), but still, they are one company, though different teams, and this incident makes it look like bad PR is much more important to them, than the actual gameplay issues, and no, I'm not talking about the pose right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttonmasher View Post
    No.
    People have a full right to be annoyed and bitch about SJWs because they ruin way too many things for everyone that nobody asked for.
    And the anti-SJW tards ruin forums everywhere, so it's lose lose really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    Fucking hell your pathetic.

One character as a minor pose changed and your boycott the game lol?

It's not like every "sexy" character has been removed. But a digital ass crack get's taken away so you're going to throw the toys out the pram lol.

Sorry if the removal of the anime ass triggered you.
    Nope, its just a silver lining going throught all of their games currently. Starting with HotS, going to WoW and now Overwatch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    While I don't care about the butt or about how sexy the pose is, it is a very weird pose. What hero stands with their back to the 'audience' and sticks out his/her bum like that? It's not a normal pose, no man or woman stands like that after a killing spree, it's just not a victory pose.
    A lot of games covers have the hero with their backs towards you. It's symbolises they are ready for battle.

Deleted
    I hope the the person quoted in the Blizzzard post doesn't realise what spunk means over in the UK, because complaining about the sexuality of a character and then saying she is 95% spunk doesn't really work...

For those that don't know, spunk is a slang word for male cum.

Quote Originally Posted by waterdust View Post
    A lot of games covers have the hero with their backs towards you. It's symbolises they are ready for battle.
    Most of them dont have wedgies though

https://twitter.com/cidsa/status/714618768698253313 Topkek.

By the way, I am triggered as fuck by shirthless Hanzo. Gross sexualization of men.

I think they should remove her ass entirely. You know, from the model itself.

But what if she stands with the front towards the camera? Someone must knit that chick a large digital sweater! PRONTO!

Quote Originally Posted by ARhaine View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydii76-1l5w
    Just watch TotalBiscuit's video, it sums it up pretty well.

That video is hilarious.

That aside I think it's pretty cheesy to first implement a clearly sexual pose...and then scrap it again...and that we only see that kind of discussion when it comes to female characters(oh wait, big booties/boobs in spandex are sexistic...but dudes in tight muscle shirts or that show half of their muscled chest naked...that's just normal). Let's face it, many of those characters have been created from a very sexual Barbie/Ken point of view...one pose more or less won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    To be fair, she does look like a cat on heat presenting herself, the pose is unnatural and is more sexualized than her character is portrayed as. The pose would be fine for a 'sexy' character, which im certain there will be, but not for a 'cute' character. that pose is pure fan service imo, so based solely on that im fine with it being changed
    Yes, but google for tracer and you will find a 100 pictures of her that look like Angelina Jolie when trying to seduce some guy in a movie. Her whole art is sexualized...from her super long legs to the way she is bending her hip to the side or back(so the upper chest jumps into your face). She is always more japanese anime college girl out for sex than "innocent teenager".
    Last edited by Pacster; 2016-03-29 at 11:03 AM.

I miss Kaplan in the WoW team, he was always very enthusiastic.

Deleted
    SJWs have ruined the world and helped nobody in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttonmasher View Post
    Still doesn't justify a SJWs actions to censor something they don't like.
    I don't play the game. I don't give a shit one way or another, but in principle of it being removed BECAUSE a SJW said so, I absolutely abhor it. This has nothing to do with the actual subject of the content being removed or not, it's who did it and why.
    Two things can be true. An "sjw" can find fault with an art choice AND the dev team can be dissatisfied with the same pose enough to have alternates already available and under consideration. If you get stuck on "abhor" solely because of the "sjw"'s view, thats really being just as close-minded as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelric70 View Post
    Two things can be true. An "sjw" can find fault with an art choice AND the dev team can be dissatisfied with the same pose enough to have alternates already available and under consideration. If you get stuck on "abhor" solely because of the "sjw"'s view, thats really being just as close-minded as they are.
    Except when all of the human character have exactly the same pose, but they chose to alienate that one specific character, even when the one that you expect to be called sexist in the 1st place, isn't the one.

Honest? If you get offended by this you better get off the internet. Because boy... the constant terror you live in someone could show an uncovered upper arm must turn you into a wreck.

This has nothing todo with anything besides you actively seeking out any chance to be offended about something for some retarded reason. Period. I mean yea, the pose isn't exactly... its very much garbage but making a ruckus over it makes you a tool.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2016-03-29 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revakrogue View Post
    Next up is asking them to remove McCree smoking because it's a bad influence for someone else's kid.
    They already did that to Tychus in HotS

It's like...

Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't really understand why everything has be some kind of vast conspiracy - I actually agree with Blizzard's statement on this particular controversy and I don't think there's a greater sense of capitulation to the shadowy SJW world-cabal on the developer's part. Tracer's former "sexy" pose didn't bother me in the slightest, I just accepted it as a flash of flirty sexiness on the part of a spunky individual - but that aside, I can agree that the pose doesn't thematically fit the rest of the characterization of Tracer in general. I don't understand why someone would be offended by the pose in and of itself - for sexy it's rather tame, and I don't agree with the forum OP who thought it objectifying or somehow lessening the character itself. It just doesn't fit, and there are a variety of other poses that can demonstrate sexiness or flirting that better fit Tracer's portrayal everywhere else.

I take the developers at their word that this was a point of contention even before complaints were leveled, and I can understand their position in re-doing it given that additional context. I just don't think there's an agenda at play here on Blizzard's part - whether there is one on the OP's I can't rightly say (nor does it really matter overly). The OP was either correct, or arrived at correct via the wrong path, but their criticism resonated with what the developers were already feeling and led to the result desired.

This is just stupid as hell.
    How many poses does each character have? 4, right? THEN USE ONE OF THE OTHER 3!

Seriously, it's like people complaining that shop in-game items exist. Nobody's forcing you to use it, especially if all they sell are vanity items that have no influance on the game other then look; so if you're complaining that it exists at all it means you're nothing but a weak willed twonk who easily falls to temptation.

So if you don't like staring at a woman's sexy butt, change it do that it doesn't show the sexy butt, instead to whining to devs and complaining you're offended by it.

Also, who the hell buys a game that's rated 13+, for an 8 yer old kid? It's the parents that are to blame.
    It's like that BS complaint about wanting PG-13 version of Deadpool for a little kid.