Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally I can't wait for June 22nd to roll around and we have zero announcement of 7.0 PTR/beta

Its going to be a glorious day.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Worried about your stock in Activision / Blizzard? Or the health of the company because you are employed there? Or the well-being of the families who are now totally about to lose their jobs?

What is about WoW subs that keeps you guys so concerned?
    Nothing, you just made a silly remark and I replied in kind.

What is it about guys talking about subs that makes you write these empty "why you care" posts again and again?

(PS: OMG, don't answer, that's a rhetorical.)

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Do we really need another topic on that subject?
    yes because alpha is alpha and beta is beta - just cant just take a cat and claim its a dog just cause you like it better this way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    numbers can be manipulated, just like words. talk to an accountant.
    oy oy its not manipulation its called creative accounting ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Blizzard haven't earned nor deserve any kind of trust on release windows right now.
    They have delivered every expansion "on or before" its release date. Release dates are the only things set in stone, some dev saying "we plan for yearly expansions" is not the same thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler on the Roof View Post
    ... and still no beta. Assuming beta launches at the earliest in April, and beta always takes at least 6 months, that means the game will launch in October 2016. They will even miss the release date they announced. That's 23 months of Warlords of Draenor with only 1 content patch, and 2 raid tiers over the whole expansion. That's no content for 16 months. Jesus fuck. Blizzard done fucked up this time for real.
    Another fun way to look at it, if you go back to the SoO patch that would be over 3 years with 2 patches. I do think and hope the beta goes a bit faster then it has in the past. They are further along on several things then they normally would be while in the alpha stage. Hang ups on specs and weapons is a major factor in them not being able to flip the switch to beta yet. So while they work on getting caught up there they are getting ahead in other areas. Or at least that is the hope. Then again I can't say I am too excited for Legion, but at least it isn't WoD I guess.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    I've been on Alpha since the year started. Leveled five toons to max level. Have the rest of the slots filled with toons halfway there. There isn't anything to test at this point that wouldn't already be reported five dozen times. A lot of the quests are still bugged, some mobs are persistently evading. Only 3 zones are open. One talent specialization still isn't available. Damage is pretty out of whack for classes, so it's hard to make any sweeping statements on balance.

The beta won't last 6 months. The game is already in beta. It's called alpha, but it's the strangest alpha ever. It's a public alpha without NDAs, and it has raid and dungeon and arena testing, making it seem like a beta. Yet it doesn't have all the zones or all the classes, and even the most basic things have bugs in them, making it seem like an alpha.

My estimation on the release date is mid/late July if they rush it. Mid/late August on a standard speed, and mid/late September if they take their time. I don't see any other alternatives, based on the current state of the game. If you want to take a summer vacation in June or July, there's very little chance Legion is out yet, so enjoy the good weather.
    As mentioned multiple times, by multiple people: Blizzard focuses on class/spec feedback right now and won't release more content until this matter stabilizes.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    They have delivered every expansion "on or before" its release date. Release dates are the only things set in stone, some dev saying "we plan for yearly expansions" is not the same thing at all.
    Only when release dates are put up a month or so ahead of time. Even the blue statments about September say it is a target and a peppering of other lines and phrases leaving the door open for them to finish earlier then that or later if need be. As always when people see things from Blizzard and they say they want to do something by a date or are shooting for something they take it as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yes because alpha is alpha and beta is beta - just cant just take a cat and claim its a dog just cause you like it better this way

- - - Updated - - -

oy oy its not manipulation its called creative accounting ^^
    What if I decide to name my dog "Cat"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Personally I can't wait for June 22nd to roll around and we have zero announcement of 7.0 PTR/beta

Its going to be a glorious day.
    What are you even doing here? You obviously don't enjoy the game and don't find the company trustworthy/respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    What if I decide to name my dog "Cat"?
    People would find it weird, same as they find Blizzard's use of the term "beta" (and "alpha") weird.

Im glad theyre taking their time. Itll be better for the game in every aspect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Im glad theyre taking their time. Itll be better for the game in every aspect.
    That's what people said for Warlords of Draenor.

That's what people said for Warlords of Draenor.
    except wod was rushed since its alpha. its nowhere near the case this time.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    People would find it weird, same as they find Blizzard's use of the term "beta" (and "alpha") weird.
    Even more so if you always called your dog, dog, then just switched it's name a few years into it's life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    As mentioned multiple times, by multiple people: Blizzard focuses on class/spec feedback right now and won't release more content until this matter stabilizes.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Yeah they are holding back the 3 missing zones cause they want to focus on class feedback...

MMOC comedy gold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Even more so if you always called your dog, dog, then just switched it's name a few years into it's life.
    Which is why no sane person would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Fixed for you buddy. And I don't care what has to be "sacrificed", I want Legion out now. Don't give me the spiel, if Blizzard can't put out content in a timely manner *cough one year drought*, nobody can. And of course while all those indie Steam games and such - even that animu FF game - pump out content like it's nobody's business.
    As much as I respect and enjoy FF, their latest expansion was released 9 months ago and it brought:

3 jobs
    1 raid
    A few dungeons
    1 race
    Flying mounts
    Level cap increase

Jobs in FFXIV aren't as deep as WoW's classes, it's mitigated by ability to use abilities of different jobs. Abilities are much simpler mechanically as well and, while I didn't raid, judging by YT video, the raid bosses are somewhere between TBC and original Naxx mechanic-wise. This is comparable to the change between TBC and WLK - no big updates to mechanics. New race doesn't mean new starting zones either.

Another thing is, FF is a relatively new game, without 11 years of legacy code getting in the way and the speed at which they release content means that the devs will get burnt out really fast.

Not trying to justify Blizzard's recent failures, but you chose wrong games to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Alpha is further along the development line than previous alphas. Beta won't follow the 6month pattern this time.
    Says who? It feels like letting people into the alpha was so that people wouldn't lose interest in the game when they realized how far from beta they were. The funny part is that they said beta would be weeks after Blizzcon, it's been a while since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    This current Alpha is nothing like the previous ones. How many times does need repeating before it penetrates your thick skulls?

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Yeah they are holding back the 3 missing zones cause they want to focus on class feedback...

MMOC comedy gold
    Turn on your brain... Done? Ok.

If Blizzard released 3 zones now, or even one, people would rush there to check it out. This will cause a) shift of focus from classes/specs to the new zone b) way less content for more widely available beta/alpha.

(...) Assuming beta launches at the earliest in April, and beta always takes at least 6 months
    Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming Assuming

Sorry, had to do it.