7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    When you enter the solution and your email on buffed you get
    "Du nimmst an der Verlosung teil! Im Gewinnfall schicken wir Dir den Beta-Key per E-Mail am Samstag, den 30.04.2016 zu."
    -> you get your key on april the 30th .... so much for beta hype this week
    who cares, at least you get a chance for beta.

Formerly known as Arafal

Well that's effectively killed all hype

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Well that's effectively killed all hype
    No. We will most likely get a new build today. HYPUUU

Deleted
    Gamestar.de posted they will draw the winners after the 03.04.16 and contact the winners.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagree View Post
    Your "I should get in because I would treat Blizzard better" post aside, alpha and beta tests have become advertisements in the past decade BECAUSE of people who are so very very eager to play the games early, regardless of how shitty they always are in alphas.

Look at how much some "free to play" games make on "early access" - it's the same idea, people far too excited to play the game that they'll even PAY EXTRA to pay during a TESTING PHASE.

And let's not pretend that the "I didn't get in, I would test every bug" crowd is any better. You're just trying to find a moral high-point over those having fun in the alpha.
    I'm stating to why I play beta's extensively and that's to find broken content, so it doesn't annoy me when the expansion is on live servers. And looking at the length of the alpha, if blizzard would actively look, oh this guy played 1500 hours on alpha and submitted 40 bugs, and got everyone in with that criteria, not only would blizzard gain more time internally but it would eventually also reduce the length of beta's themselves.

If Blizzard had a paid entry for testing, I would buy it, because there's nothing that annoys me more than bugs that could have been prevented and exposed before launch by a more hardcore testing audience. Yes I know blizzard already pays people to do this kind of stuff, but imagine, a 1000 public testers on top of that, it would only be beneficial to the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    I'm stating to why I play beta's extensively and that's to find broken content, so it doesn't annoy me when the expansion is on live servers. And looking at the length of the alpha, if blizzard would actively look, oh this guy played 1500 hours on alpha and submitted 40 bugs, and got everyone in with that criteria, not only would blizzard gain more time internally but it would eventually also reduce the length of beta's themselves.

If Blizzard had a paid entry for testing, I would buy it, because there's nothing that annoys me more than bugs that could have been prevented and exposed before launch by a more hardcore testing audience. Yes I know blizzard already pays people to do this kind of stuff, but imagine, a 1000 public testers on top of that, it would only be beneficial to the product.
    You did read my previous post about fanboys being safe money, yes? Clearly a lot of effort is being focused on advertisement (and it's nothing new). You're safe money for Blizzard, so they'll focus on others. You could even argue that the whole pruning thing is the same idea - focusing on attracting people with different interests, making classes more recognisable from a viewer's standpoint and more accessible for a new player.

In other words, old fans are uninteresting for Blizzard, especially those who do not sway in their "loyalty".

Right, beta is for reportig bugs. Sure.

Tell that to all these bugs that made it into live WoD despite being reported multiple times during the alpha/beta process.

It is advertisment. Sometimes it is stresstests, but mostly advertisement. If you think that you can report a bug in that alpha and expect it to be fixed within the next couple of builds then you are going to have a hard time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    30-04-2016

1 month till beta bois
    If you remember how unstable WoD alpha/beta servers became every time a contest ended and a few hundred testers entered the beta that same day, it always caused a lot of server stability issues, with them constantly going down and up and sometimes they wouldn't even come up automatically.

Thinking about that, they are probably staggering the keys, ie this group gets them next week, that group the week after, etc.

I also don't think blizzard would themselves start hyping up beta key giveaways when the beta isn't gonna happen for another 7 weeks.

So TLDR: Either a placeholder date as in on or before 30th of April, or staggered key release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Right, beta is for reportig bugs. Sure.

Tell that to all these bugs that made it into live WoD despite being reported multiple times during the alpha/beta process.

It is advertisment. Sometimes it is stresstests, but mostly advertisement. If you think that you can report a bug in that alpha and expect it to be fixed within the next couple of builds then you are going to have a hard time.
    Every WoD bug has been reported, well in advance, just never reacted on by blizzard.

If you can still see the WoD beta forums, or can find them, you'll see, that's it's always been reported by at least 1 player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Every WoD bug has been reported, well in advance, just never reacted on by blizzard.

If you can still see the WoD beta forums, or can find them, you'll see, that's it's always been reported by at least 1 player.
    Way to miss the point, dude.

The point of a Beta really isn't the submitted feedback on bugs, that is at best an added bonus.
    Blizzard learn far more from the internal statistics generated by thousands of people playing the game with no supervision than they do even from those dedicated people who report every bug that they see.

Deleted
    30-04-2016

1 month till beta bois
    It was asked in Buffedforum. They told us that they dont know when Beta starts and dont have the keys yet.
    30.04.16 is the "safe date" they hope they will get the keys, but its very possible that they will get them earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Delina View Post
    It was asked in Buffedforum. They told us that they dont know when Beta starts and dont have the keys yet.
    30.04.16 is the "safe date" they will get the keys for sure, but its very possible that they will get them earlier
    Is it confirmed to be the "safe date" and not a wild guess? Do we know it won't be later?

Deleted
    edited my post. Sorry they only hope

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The point of a Beta really isn't the submitted feedback on bugs, that is at best an added bonus.
    Blizzard learn far more from the internal statistics generated by thousands of people playing the game with no supervision than they do even from those dedicated people who report every bug that they see.
    That would hold true, but there's not even thousands of people playing the alpha, during peak times there's maybe 200-300 players per realm, and that's a fairly oversized estimate, if I ask my friend to do a /who specifically per level, he never gets more than 10-15 per level. I mean the WoD alpha was much bigger than this, there were so many more keys given out, and the beta was around a thousand keys per website, per week.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it confirmed to be the "safe date" and not a wild guess? Do we know it won't be later?
    It will be well before that. They aren't going to start making websites do contests, to only send keys like 2 months after those contests finished.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's says on the page from the buffed.de quiz that they don't know when they will receive the keys. They will send them when they receive them. The given date is just a placeholder.

What did you need to do on gamestar.de?

30-04-2016

1 month till beta bois
    No, 1 month till buffed.de sends out the keys. Pretty big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They are specifically using beta to ask for feedback right now - so yes it is for submitted feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    They are specifically using beta to ask for feedback right now - so yes it is for submitted feedback.
    Nah, when they have to specifically ask people to report bugs and feedback, that's how you know that it isn't normally the intention.

Currently they want feedback because they don't know what to do that will please the most people.

Nah, when they have to specifically ask people to report bugs and feedback, that's how you know that it isn't normally the intention.

Currently they want feedback because they don't know what to do that will please the most people.
    Yes, they ask for class feedback because they... don't want class feedback.

You can argue this for raid testing, but not really for class feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Yes, they ask for class feedback because they... don't want class feedback.

You can argue this for raid testing, but not really for class feedback.
    Did you... read the post? I don't know what you're arguing against, but it isn't my post.