Thread: The Division

Deleted
    It's okay, lets just be angry together or something.

I'm actually slightly pissed about it right now because you can trust absolutely *nothing* in this game anymore. Everything is so vague or just flat out wrong.

Why don't they mention the different Firearms modifiers anywhere and why doesn't it say that Assault Rifles deal 25% more headshot damage than SMGs.

LMGs do even more... that's actually important to know, because the DPS sheet doesn't show it at all, which means that they arn't as weak as we thought.
    100% Headshot damage is actually alot, especially with higher critdamage and critchance numbers.
    You might even be able to reliably trigger the "headshot damage bonus on supression for 10 seconds" talent with LMGs and buff them even further (if that talent even works...)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-03-29 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or the "weapon damage" Scope blueprint for like 120 PxC that will never create a scope with weapon damage.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Ah yes, that one... in Massive's world, Weapon damage = Optimal range.

Deleted
    To be fair, most of these problems are just caused by people going tunnel vision on their DPS stat. It's just bad. Obviously communication of the way the DPS value works would be helpful, even though the community has figured it out themselves. If I stack accuracy gear and attachments, my dps is around 280k yet ill do a lot less dmg then I would be if my sheet DPS said 220k with real attachments. There is no real way to do this, making the algorithm more complication to factor in things like DMR increased headshots and the such is just to bothersome. They would have to take your overall headshot % and use that to factor into dps, there would be so many things that go into making this number accurate it wouldn't be worth the effort. They just need to change the number as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    To be fair, most of these problems are just caused by people going tunnel vision on their DPS stat. It's just bad. Obviously communication of the way the DPS value works would be helpful, even though the community has figured it out themselves. If I stack accuracy gear and attachments, my dps is around 280k yet ill do a lot less dmg then I would be if my sheet DPS said 220k with real attachments. There is no real way to do this, making the algorithm more complication to factor in things like DMR increased headshots and the such is just to bothersome. They would have to take your overall headshot % and use that to factor into dps, there would be so many things that go into making this number accurate it wouldn't be worth the effort. They just need to change the number as a whole.
    I agree, and I would add that feedback to the division's subreddit if I were you. The devs check it out apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    This got me laughing.

Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Ya, I mentioned it earlier already. I'm actually going through my inventory, testing some stuff.

Remember that weapon talent that clears status effects on kill? Did they even think about how you can achieve that?
    The only status effects that allow you to shoot while being affected are teargas-related and bleed effects.
    If you are blinded you can't see and hit shit, if you burn, you can't shoot, if you are shocked you can't do anything.

Not to mention that there is a mask talent that will heal you for 2% HP each second as long as you are affected by status effects (so why would I want to remove these weak effects?)... well, the mask talent is bugged of course, it doesn't matter whether you are affected by something or not, you only need to trigger it once and it will heal you no matter what.

The 13% Cooldown decrease on healing skills (chest talent) either doesn't work or doesn't show in skill tooltips.

Some player talents will stop working randomly, take the "2% dmg boost for ever meter you ran during a cover to cover move" for example... sometimes it works, sometimes it's broken and won't. (I'm aware of the fact that it only works while in combat )
    The 40% AoE heal if you use a medkit-talent actually works on yourself too, so your medkits are 40% stronger.
    The cooldown reduce on heal talent works with the healing station, b-r-o-k-e-n.
    Yep, that's my biggest issue of the game at the moment. There are just too many broken things. The actual gameplay is fun but broken mechanics can make it unfun, especially when many of the people who go Rogue in the DZ are gaining huge advantages by exploiting them.

Managed to grind a good amount of DZ ranks today. Server we got on had like nobody in DZ05-06 and the boss areas actually respawned at a very good rate. Gained like four DZ levels in ~3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, sure enough, spent all my HE Division Tech that I got on the grind to Rank 50, didn't get a single usable item.

Oh well.
    Yep, I pointed that out earlier in the thread to someone else, and then another person acted like I was wrong and it was just an opinion. HE DT is a huge bottleneck when what little you have of it is wasted on shit rolls. And then you have to go farm more of it (which is boring and time consuming) just to waste it all again on more shit rolls. If you're one of the lucky 1% that is able to get a god roll on a piece of gear or weapon, then congrats. But for most people, it's just a huge fucking waste of time.

Not an opinion when it generally applies to 99% of the population. That's what we consider fact folks.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-03-30 at 04:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I ask for a bit of progression advice? I've crafted the Vector, have a HE chest (forgot the names) with +12,5% dmg done and 10% dmg taken, and HE kneepads with I think +elite dmg. My (purple) mag is +77% size. What would be a smart thing (in terms of crafting) to pursue next?

I'm at work so am not able to name all the items, sowwy :-P
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    Who even said that HE DT isn't the bottleneck? I can't remember reading anything like that.

I remember that people said (myself included) that you will most likely get decent gear if you have ~30-45 lying around, which isn't a huge number by the time you are lvl 50, even if you arn't specifically looking for it.
    It's not really about luck, it's about crafting for the right slots.

Gloves and Chests are the only items you need from DZ right now and as I mentioned, maybe the first, maybe the third Chest roll will already be alot better than any purple item you have.

Can I ask for a bit of progression advice? I've crafted the Vector, have a HE chest (forgot the names) with +12,5% dmg done and 10% dmg taken, and HE kneepads with I think +elite dmg. My (purple) mag is +77% size. What would be a smart thing (in terms of crafting) to pursue next?

I'm at work so am not able to name all the items, sowwy :-P
    - use DT to craft gloves, go for elite damage + critdamage +critchance, you want that +13% crit talent the most. Remember that you can reroll one stat and that stuff like +SMG damage if you use SMGs or +AR damage if you use ARs is okay too (so +SMG, Critdamage, elitedamage is nice too). Since you have a decent chest already, use *all* of your DT for this slot until you have a decent one.
    - Buy the 3 stats holster in the BoO (very good rolls) and reroll skillhaste to mod slot (has a good talent too)
    - Get a mask with either 2 Mod slots + armor damage OR 1 mod slot + 11% elite damage + armor damage (talents are all "bad", one is broken and thus OP right now, but I wouldn't rely on something like that)
    - Backpack with +armor and something pulse/smartcover related (Talents are "meh" too)
    - get yellow gear mods with +crit chance or if you really need it with +armor
    - get the yellow weapon mods

done.

After that it's all about better rolls...

Kneepads should have a Mod, Elite damage, Armor Damage and Scavenging for example... if you can roll something pulse/smartcover related on it, it's even better. (the best Kneepad talent would be +25% scavenging bonus, but it doesn't matter at all)

Pro tip: Don't hesitate to look for purple weapon mods from vendors for now. The right combination of stats is more important if you are gearing up.
    Purple Scope with Headshot Damage + Crit instead of a yellow one with Headshotdamage and Accuracy for example.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-03-30 at 06:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    - use DT to craft gloves, go for elite damage + critdamage +critchance, you want that +13% crit talent the most. Remember that you can reroll one stat and that stuff like +SMG damage if you use SMGs or +AR damage if you use ARs is okay too (so +SMG, Critdamage, elitedamage is nice too). Since you have a decent chest already, use *all* of your DT for this slot until you have a decent one.
    - Buy the 3 stats holster in the BoO (very good rolls) and reroll skillhaste to mod slot (has a good talent too)
    - Get a mask with either 2 Mod slots + armor damage OR 1 mod slot + 11% elite damage + armor damage (talents are all "bad", one is broken and thus OP right now, but I wouldn't rely on something like that)
    - Backpack with +armor and something pulse/smartcover related (Talents are "meh" too)
    - get yellow gear mods with +crit chance or if you really need it with +armor
    - get the yellow weapon mods

done.

After that it's all about better rolls...

Kneepads should have a Mod, Elite damage, Armor Damage and Scavenging for example... if you can roll something pulse/smartcover related on it, it's even better. (the best Kneepad talent would be +25% scavenging bonus, but it doesn't matter at all)

Pro tip: Don't hesitate to look for purple weapon mods from vendors for now. The right combination of stats is more important if you are gearing up.
    Purple Scope with Headshot Damage + Crit instead of a yellow one with Headshotdamage and Accuracy for example.
    Awesome, thanks a lot :-) Gives me something to aim for, pun intended :-D
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekha View Post
    Awesome, thanks a lot :-) Gives me something to aim for, pun intended :-D
    Oh and I wouldn't go for Electronics stuff, I got the blueprints just so I can craft some stuff if they buff/change it, but I'd rather go for +flat skillpower if you want skills to be stronger.

You can roll +~1300ish on every gear mod slot and you can have (even though it's unlikely because you'd need a chest with 3 mod slots) 9 mod slots

in addition to ~+4k from the mask and +~6k frome th backpack and a "trifecta" holster, you are able to reach ~33-38k (somewhere around that, can't remember the more common numbers) skillpower already, without a single Electronics item.
    Most skills are already capped with that amount, in case you didn't even know about the fact that skills can cap out on what they do.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-03-30 at 07:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power Plant is todays daily, yay.

Makes me feel like a pro at least, the amount of times I was last man standing with the pug I got...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Yep, I pointed that out earlier in the thread to someone else, and then another person acted like I was wrong and it was just an opinion. HE DT is a huge bottleneck when what little you have of it is wasted on shit rolls. And then you have to go farm more of it (which is boring and time consuming) just to waste it all again on more shit rolls. If you're one of the lucky 1% that is able to get a god roll on a piece of gear or weapon, then congrats. But for most people, it's just a huge fucking waste of time.

Not an opinion when it generally applies to 99% of the population. That's what we consider fact folks.
    Probably what I was arguing a few pages back, and I wasn't arguing saying it doesn't need to change, the developers themselves have said changes to the system are coming soon, so it's pretty clear it's a problem. I was just arguing the system as a whole is fine, it just needs more stability. Currently the boxes are lootable every 2 hours, but they aren't a personal loot box, if anyone in the server loots it, you have to wait the entire 2 hours to loot it again.

So you have now a problem where people are constantly logging in and out to find a new DZ server, so that they can then do the DZ Tech route and then spend the next 30 minutes finding a new servers. If the boxes were personal loot, you could just do the route every couple hours yourself which alone nets you a decent amount of tech. I honestly think this is what they'll do, it'll keep it rare enough that DZ Rank 50 gear is still hard to get, but farming the actual tech isn't as random as it is now.

I did the whole server bouncing bullshit for days...it's not fun at all.

On a side note, getting HE stamina gear mods with crit is proving a lot more difficult then firearms were >.>
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-03-30 at 11:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After nearly 90h of playtime, i still having a blast. Some things are broken, but it's far from "gamebreaking". The game is new, so there are bugs. Nothing special.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    After nearly 90h of playtime, i still having a blast. Some things are broken, but it's far from "gamebreaking". The game is new, so there are bugs. Nothing special.
    There are most definitely things that need to be fixed. But all in all, the game is playable, and enjoyable. My gaming crew and I have been having a blast!

I just want them to fix the UI. Having no true read out of your stats is very annoying.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I'm having a hard time enjoying myself thoroughly when playing alone. Is this the sad fact of this game, or am I missing something?

I don't really understand the DZ either. I've been everywhere, but alone it feels like all you can do is scavenge for DT and hope you can leech some boss kills when coming across a group of players that is killing one.

- Also, how the hell does gear progression work? I'm full HE except for my pistol, from crafting and challenge mode missions. Where do I get to step it up from there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I'm having a hard time enjoying myself thoroughly when playing alone. Is this the sad fact of this game, or am I missing something?

I don't really understand the DZ either. I've been everywhere, but alone it feels like all you can do is scavenge for DT and hope you can leech some boss kills when coming across a group of players that is killing one.

- Also, how the hell does gear progression work? I'm full HE except for my pistol, from crafting and challenge mode missions. Where do I get to step it up from there?
    It seems to be there is a transition curve that is difficult for solo players to get through. You get to 30 through story missions, and you are in a mix of Blue gear, and Purples. You can from here go and start doing Hard Modes to fill out in all purple gear, all while browsing vendors to see if there are any items that are upgrades. This could be pretty difficult, but you should be able to do it. Once you are in all purples...now what? You will have a very difficult time in Challenge Modes since your stats likely won't meet the minimum requirements. And if you go into DZ01-DZ02, you will do exactly what you are doing. Piggy backing other players, and collecting what DT you can get.

All in all, playing solo is tedious, and kinda boring. Ubisoft said that this game is solo friendly, but I kinda disagree. Solo end game is pretty rough, while group end game can be a cake walk.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It seems to be there is a transition curve that is difficult for solo players to get through. You get to 30 through story missions, and you are in a mix of Blue gear, and Purples. You can from here go and start doing Hard Modes to fill out in all purple gear, all while browsing vendors to see if there are any items that are upgrades. This could be pretty difficult, but you should be able to do it. Once you are in all purples...now what? You will have a very difficult time in Challenge Modes since your stats likely won't meet the minimum requirements. And if you go into DZ01-DZ02, you will do exactly what you are doing. Piggy backing other players, and collecting what DT you can get.

All in all, playing solo is tedious, and kinda boring. Ubisoft said that this game is solo friendly, but I kinda disagree. Solo end game is pretty rough, while group end game can be a cake walk.
    Yeah I'm done with story mode, and hard modes. I just really need to know what I should or could be focussing on to get better gear than what I currently have (which is HE from challenge modes, and crafted HE weapons).

Is there any gear progression after you get HE gear? Is there like some sort of tier system in place that you can look at to see which territory you should be roaming for upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Yeah I'm done with story mode, and hard modes. I just really need to know what I should or could be focussing on to get better gear than what I currently have (which is HE from challenge modes, and crafted HE weapons).

Is there any gear progression after you get HE gear? Is there like some sort of tier system in place that you can look at to see which territory you should be roaming for upgrades?
    Not really. Alot of it is grind DZ or CM sadly until the raids come out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD