So, Arms warrior and mobility (Legion PvP)

Given that Blizzard wants to focus more on class fantasy, I'm assuming they have plans to give Arms warriors mobility tools in order to match the description of an Arms warrior...?

A battle-hardened master of two-handed weapons, using mobility and overpowering attacks to strike opponents down.
    As it stands, Arms is much less mobile than Fury (3 Heroic Leaps) and Protection (Dragon Charge). I wonder what ability could they give to Arms to increase their mobility.

-A speed bonus? Too boring...but that would do the job.
    -Another charge? Meh, protection has another charge already
    -A mini-death grip like Darius' Apprehend from League of Legends? That would be cool (and it's not really mobility for the warrior), but then DKs would complain.
    -An active ability with a moderate cooldown, say 1 minute, that reduces the cooldown of Charge to 0? Then you could charge all over the place. That would be cool and could create some interactions with Shadow of the Colossus (Charge resets CS cooldown)

Thoughts and comments?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, there is a mini-charge during the execute phase, which can be picked by all three speccs. Especially handy for arms, assuming that they still delete enemies below 20% with execute (now even more exclusive).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Also, there is a mini-charge during the execute phase, which can be picked by all three speccs. Especially handy for arms, assuming that they still delete enemies below 20% with execute (now even more exclusive).
    Eh, mobility exclusively for that 20%, and only if we have the rage for it, I dont see being that great.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Eh, mobility exclusively for that 20%, and only if we have the rage for it, I dont see being that great.
    Arms used to shine at that >20% area. Now, that execute abilities are even more exclusive, I doubt that that changes. To close the gap in a crucial moment to finish off a fleeing foe is more then great. How often did it happen, that you coordinated a burst very well and that that one tick of a hot pumped him above the 20% mark and denied you from deleting the enemy?
    Anyway. I was just adding, that this is another option regarding mobility. I was not saying it is great or bad. It should just not be forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Arms used to shine at that >20% area. Now, that execute abilities are even more exclusive, I doubt that that changes. To close the gap in a crucial moment to finish off a fleeing foe is more then great. How often did it happen, that you coordinated a burst very well and that that one tick of a hot pumped him above the 20% mark and denied you from deleting the enemy?
    Anyway. I was just adding, that this is another option regarding mobility. I was not saying it is great or bad. It should just not be forgotten.
    Honestly, depending on how strong execute is in legion, I see death row being the go to. The charge relies on you having the rage to use the execute, which seriously limits its usage, though blood hunt may be kinda ok.

I kind of wonder if Arms mobility isn't something that's slipped under the radar for Blizzard. Warriors get touted as "mobility is a strength" but at the moment its actually pretty run of the mill for Arms as you say, and I think that's happened without anyone being consciously aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qoma View Post
    I kind of wonder if Arms mobility isn't something that's slipped under the radar for Blizzard. Warriors get touted as "mobility is a strength" but at the moment its actually pretty run of the mill for Arms as you say, and I think that's happened without anyone being consciously aware of it.
    Going by blue quotes it's very much by design. They've said outright they want fury to have better mobility. That's fine. Hell, "mobility" isn't much of a class-defining trait anyway. Back in ye olde days ferals had it. Then Blizzard sold monks as being very mobile. Now they're selling demon hunters as the same. I don't really care. The game was at its most fun for me when warriors didn't have near-100% uptime on enemy players. But back then we had other strengths to compensate for the lack of CC and self-maintenance. Right now fury has basically everything with no real weaknesses (a problem in itself) and arms has really nothing to sell it except burst potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Caargon View Post
    Going by blue quotes it's very much by design. They've said outright they want fury to have better mobility. That's fine. Hell, "mobility" isn't much of a class-defining trait anyway. Back in ye olde days ferals had it. Then Blizzard sold monks as being very mobile. Now they're selling demon hunters as the same. I don't really care. The game was at its most fun for me when warriors didn't have near-100% uptime on enemy players. But back then we had other strengths to compensate for the lack of CC and self-maintenance. Right now fury has basically everything with no real weaknesses (a problem in itself) and arms has really nothing to sell it except burst potential.
    I agree with you, I really don't Think warriors needs more mobility, the only Changes I would do is to make charge stun basline and the Intervene talent not changing Charge but adding an intervene button.

And I Think fury is dumb with 3 HLs, they will have way to high uptime and are healing way to much atm

This is from a PvP Point of wive

The return of Intercept as a thing?

Heroic Leap, Intercept, and Charge (with talents) seems like it'd be quite a bit of mobility for PvP..

Definitely not perfect, since the Intercept stun would/could mess with diminishing returns..

Quote Originally Posted by Pugs-WoW View Post

Heroic Leap, Intercept, and Charge (with talents) seems like it'd be quite a bit of mobility for PvP..

Definitely not perfect, since the Intercept stun would/could mess with diminishing returns..
    If you take intercept it replaces charge, and can be used on either enemies or allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    If you take intercept it replaces charge, and can be used on either enemies or allies.
    I meant to separate them and call it intercept with the stun again.. Not the 15 tier talent.

I'm going way back to old school warriors that couldn't charge in combat and needed intercept to close the gap.

Sorry if there was confusion in my first comment.

While the game has changed since then, we were basically unpeelable when we had all of those. I've never really been satisfied with how we unwillingly traded intercept for buggy-jump, but it is what it is.

I meant to separate them and call it intercept with the stun again.. Not the 15 tier talent.

I'm going way back to old school warriors that couldn't charge in combat and needed intercept to close the gap.

Sorry if there was confusion in my first comment.
    I would love to get an option to replace HL with oldschool Intercep. I think that our mobility would be to good if we have Charge, HL and Intercept. Thats why they made Charge and Intercept share cd in Cata after a patch or two